“Surprising little gem close to Brickell and Coral Gables”
Review of Casabe 305 Bistro

Casabe 305 Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Casabe 305 Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #217 of 4,369 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Venezuelan
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Diego Vicente Texera, is a Venezuelan Chef whose passion for a healthy lifestyle and quality nutrition has brought us Casabe 305 Bistro. Venezuelan-Caribbean Fusion made with love!
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This family operated restaurant, operating in a converted little house is a true gem. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and the food, Caribbean Fusion did not disappoint at all. The presentation was quite impressive! And although the service was a bit slow, it was worth the wait. Did I mention that used the waiting time to savor some delicious appetizers. I particularly enjoyed the empanadas, the fosforitos and the to stones with caviar. The wine selection was quite nice and our dinner plates arrived well dressed for the occasion. The shrimp mofongo was a light a delicious surprise and so was my husband's octopus with salad and potatoes. The food was balanced in seating and ingredients . Loved it and it is a " must go back " to place.

1  Thank henryofsagres

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We visited Casabe 305 Bistro on the suggestion of some friends. My first thought was, "How unique, another Latin restaurant in Miami". But was I surprised when I stepped inside. The place looked like a mix of Cracker Barrel and my grandmother's house. Very quaint and very homey. Unlike other Latin restaurants in Miami, I did not see a television mounted to any of the walls broadcasting a soccer game or a novella. The music playing was a bit of a strange eclectic mix from Chubby Checker's "Twist" to the sultry sounds of Diana Krall. And in the entire collection, not once did I hear any Salsa or Rumba.

We arrived moments after they opened and had the place to ourselves for a good twenty minutes before the next couple arrived and then they came. Because we got there early, parking was not an issue for us, but I can see where it would be because there isn't much parking behind the restaurant. If you're not there early be prepared to hunt for parking.

The food was outstanding! And the roasted zucchini soup was incredibly smooth, rich and creamy. You simply must try a cup as an appetizer. Just amazing.

Finally, this is a Venezuelan restaurant, but it's not over the top so don't be concerned if you bring guests who may not be as adventurous. The Casabe 305 Bistro's menu will have something to please everyone.

1  Thank NobleRogue
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We found out about this restaurant from" Trip Advisor" .Took us about 15 mins to drive there from where we were staying in "south Beach"
On arriving the restaurant appeared to be a charming cottage turned into a restaurant.The owner /chef who's name is " Diego Texera" was the most informative ,delightful man who really knows his food. Wow where we impressed. This is one, if not the "best meal's" we have had while being in the Miami area.
We started with wine ( of course :-) ) and then had the Yuca potatoes and a salad as an appetizer. For our main entrée's, I ordered the Sea Bass which was mouth wateringly good. I was saying Yum at almost every bite, and that's No exaggeration, my husband ordered the Churrasco which was skirt steak .He said it tasted unbelievable. For dessert we split the chocolate Fondant..O M G..to die for...
The owner stopped by everyone's table and greeted hem personally , what a charming/ sophisticated yet humble man..and a fantastic Chef,,O M G !!..don't miss out on this restaurant Its That Good.

1  Thank Bornabrit
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We went to dinner here because of the high tripadvisor rating and were not disappointed. The atmosphere was like a small cottage but with interesting and elegant touches. The food was excellent and the chef/owner was very friendly. The waitress indicated they had a 'fan base' of Venezuelan customers which speaks highly of the restaurant because the style is Venezuelan fusion. Well worth the 25 min drive from Miami Beach.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Small, quaint, eclectic and comfortable.

The menu was small but everything we tried was presented
beautifully and tasted great.

The fish was tasty and fresh. The desserts were superb.

Service is very good...prices too!