“Big place for nothing” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Seating, Waitstaff
Miami, Florida
“Big place for nothing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

We went there when it open few years back. Well the beer comes in a big mug but it was so water down that i just didn't drink it.I know it was draft beer but you can taste when there is more water then beer. The burger tasted to frozen. So we never went back.

• Visited December 2012

Miami
“Great neighborhood sports bar ... with a great menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Had dinner at Homefield Sports Bar & Grill with my mom tonight. One of their BOGO nights - half off of drinks 5 - 8 and buy one entree, get one free. Mom's Coconut Curry Shrimp Pasta was flavorful and far more that she could eat ... she'll probably be eating it for at leat 2 more meals. I had the Fire Grilled Pork Chops ... very nice. Crisy chorizo, melted cheese and muchroom and a burgundy sauce. Far more of a gourmet selection than you would expect in a sports bar. I ordered the cole slaw instead of the pasta with my meal and I must say that this is the best cole slaw I have ever eaten ... hint of cilantro with a peppery finish. Really nice. Wait staff is extremely attentive and kind.

With their abundance of televisions and big screens, this will definitely be my "go to" place for football season when I am not at the game. They have a large recreation area in the back that I haven't ventured into but that will come in time.

More value for your money than you could believe.

• Visited July 2013
miami, fl
“Sportsbar in Miami with live music”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went to this bar which was quite big in size once you get into the place. The place has lots of tvs featuring different sports shows up for viewing. The have a large bar plus seating for sit down dining. We sat towards the back of the bar where they were featuring the "Fire Brigade" from what we understood local band of fire fighters who get together to play rock music. We enjoyed the band while we played pool. They have several tables to play on. The place is nice and lively but the music was quite loud the night we went and could not talk with the music playing.

Visited June 2013
Atlanta Ga
“Food was good, but just average overall.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were a very large group (about 50), and it was clear the staff was trying - but they didn't have what it takes to pull it off. They put us in a back room so we didn't have to worry about disturbing the rest of the place, but the room was ice-cold which got to be rather uncomfortable after a while. It took forever to get orders taken and food out, but the food itself was pretty good. When the bill came I was shocked that soft drinks and iced teas were $4.50! That little surprise dropped the rating a point and made the total bill for my family somewhat higher than expected. It was great to have dinner with the group, but there are better restaurants nearby.

Visited June 2013
Miami, Florida
“A place worth trying, maybe”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

This bar and grill is just a few months old. It is in the same location as the former Gatsby's.

My friends and go to Homefield once or twice a month. Our reason for going is to play Buzztime, a nationwide trivia game and Homefield is one of only 3 places that offer it south of Bird. The other two places aren't favorites of ours: one smells like an ashtray and the other is a nationwide chicken wing chain that isn't very good.

I mention that because, to be honest, if it wasn't for the game, I'm not sure we'd be going there either. I mean, it's just okay. They often are out of food and the wait staff is always different, except for the unfriendly hostess. We did have a great waitress on two visits but she is gone now. The prices are okay, maybe a little high for what you get in terms of quality. The management seems like they are still figuring things out. An example of that is that, on previous visits, the on-duty manager didn't know how to get Buzztime to work and, on our last visit (last Saturday), the management was having problems with the audio system...it was too loud and they couldn't get it right. Maybe it will get better. I hope so, because I really want to like this place. On the bright side, I can recommend the chicken tenders...they're really good. Also in their favor, I will say that I've seen at least two of the managers / co-owners work really hard to make the experience pleasurable for their guests.

Their survival as a Miami Bar and Grill is tenuous though...On a Saturday night at 9 pm the place was maybe 50% full...not a good sign.

• Visited February 2013