“You've been transported back in time to a 1920s speakeasy”
Review of Kork Wine and Cheese Bar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kork Wine and Cheese Bar
Miami
“You've been transported back in time to a 1920s speakeasy”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I've now been to Kork twice, once for brunch with my girlfriends and another on a Friday night date with my hubby. Kork on Saturday mornings is extremely hard to find parking here, I ended up parking two blocks away in another building's valet. Make sure to plan ahead with comfortable shoes if you're looking to save money on parking - street parking is hard to come by and you may end up having to park on US-1 and walking. Garages during the day are $20-25 flat rate, a little too high for me when the meal is less than that (although I did it since I was in 6-inch heels).

The interior of Kork is nice, a little sparse up top, but the cellar is the main attraction. It feels as though you've been transported back in time to a 1920s speakeasy on the nights they have live jazz - certainly a nice date night location.

Although I like wine, I am nothing close to an aficionado and usually trust the judgment of my server/bartender. I asked for a dry fruity white wine and that's what I got. I'd love to learn more about wines, but this isn't the place to do it. They will allow you to try one or two, but they don't seem extremely helpful in telling about the wine itself nor in doing a proper tasting. The wine selection does appear to be rather sparse for a wine bar and they do charge a corkage fee for any full bottle you purchase through them. I ordered my wine by the glass and was happy enough, prices were $7-8 per glass.

The food options are limited to cheese plates, salads and sandwiches. Their salads are the best option, with delicious combinations of fruits like figs, nuts and cheeses. I haven't tried their sandwiches, however my better half did and he wasn't impressed. He says they actually cooked the Serrano ham in his sandwich and he likes Cheese Course's sandwiches much better.

Overall, it's a good place for a cute date or a wine brunch with friends. I'm not completely blown away by it, but I'm hoping they continue to improve. I heard somewhere that they were looking into getting valet service to fix the parking situation, so hopefully they pull through with that.

Visited April 2012

West Palm Beach
“Excellent Place! Awesome Staff”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Took a small group of friends and business associates. I can't rave enough about the wine, cheese, meat and service. I'll be back...

• Visited December 2012