“SORRY-THIS RESTAURANT HAS CLOSED”
Review of South Street - CLOSED

South Street
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Sorry-not really terrible but this restaurant has recently closed within the last month or two so it should be taken off the listings

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We went for dinner and were very disappointed. The food was pricey and not authentic. The place is beautiful and the service was fine, but the food was not traditional Spanish as advertised and the portions were small and pricey. They cannot compete with the many good Spanish restaurants that are in the Miami area, which are superior and more authentic.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Decor is nice, but service was HORRIBLE. Went on a Thursday night at about 10 pm, place was full but not to capacity. This was our first visit and I was really disappointed to learn that the entire menu is tapas. I enjoy tapas but I think regular plates should be available too. What amazed me most was the exorbitant prices for these "tapas". The squid inked risotto was very good, but not the best I have had. It was served in a dessert plate for a whooping $20. Seriously? croquetas were good, but Casa Juancho has them just as good if not better for half the price. $7 for three slices of manchego cheese? Asked the waitress what she would recommend since it was our first time there she said everything on the menu is delicious and walked away.....she was not pleased when we didn't order three tapas and kept repeating you need to order three to be full. Well we weren't looking to be full, we were looking to try the place out and why was she so pushy?? that said... she didn't come by our table anymore until my husband had to quickly yell out to her as she swooned by to bring us the check. I realized this place is for those that like to be seen, but are clueless about fine dining. I wouldn't recommend this place.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Service people are inconsistent, but the cuisine is not. Someone in the kitchen is well trained and knows what they're doing. The outside dining, such that it is, needs work, and inside can feel cramped but the dinners in particular are top notch from beginning to end.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

You won't find this restaurant in the tourist brochures for Miami; it is a treasure kept for the locals. Michelle Bernstein is a culinary genius, drawing upon her Latin/Jewish roots to produce wonderful variations on familiar, favorite themes. Of her several restaurants, this is the one to try if you want to sample many combinations, as the tapas are just the right size for sharing. We found the price reasonable, as we have certainly paid a lot more for food that was quite forgettable. Here, every taste is worth remembering. Service is great - friendly and helpful in guiding you through a menu that is full of surprises. And no, we didn't have to pay for tap water! This experience makes me want to travel to every one of Michelle's restaurants,