“Nice selection of Tapas style foods”

Toro Toro Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Toro Toro Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 4,162 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: American, Latin, Bar, Spanish, South American
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Metromover Station: Bayfront Park Metrorail Station: Brickell/Government Center Metrobus Stop: Biscayne Blvd and Chopin Plaza
Description: Located at 100 Chopin Plaza, Toro Toro is celebrated chef/restaurateur Richard Sandoval's creative Pan-Latin interpretation of a contemporary steakhouse. This sophisticated and sexy concept is modeled after Sandoval's Dubai Toro Toro, which was named "Best Latin" and "Best New Restaurant" by Time Out. The restaurant's selection of meats, carved tableside rodizio-style, along with an array of small plates, composed main-plates and a la carte steaks draws foodies while Toro Toro's buzz-worthy bar, emphasizing Latin-inspired cocktails made with ultra-premium Latin spirits and a well-curated collection of fine wines from around the world, draws the cocktail crowd.
Naples, Florida
“Nice selection of Tapas style foods”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

The Restaurant is located at the back of the lobby at the Intercontinental.....no windows, tables close together, but Chef Sandovals cuisine is modern, shareable and reasonably priced for downtown Miami.
We had a great meal,trying many of the small plates....but it was July 4th, and they did not have our reservation...not a problem, we waited 10 minutes and we were seated.Ask for an email confirmation if you make plans there!
Service was spotty, the server seemed to have too many tables, specially when the service charge is automatic.....great bread and wine selection......location not the best, if you are not saying at the Hotel....worth a try , if you are in the area! Cheers!

Visited July 2014
Arminio R, Director of Operations at Toro Toro Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear CONES3333,

Thank you so much for your review of Toro Toro. I am so happy to hear that you had a great meal. While you are satisfied with your overall experience, I do apologize for the shortcomings you described. I am most disappointed to hear that the service you received fell below your expectations and I wish your visit wasn't negatively affected.

Thank you again for your feedback and recommendations. It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
“Worthy of it's prestigious #1 spot”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This restaurant was not even busy! Crazy!

It's not over-priced unlike most restaurants in Miami similar to it.

The meats and tapas selections are fantastic, each one seemed to be better than the last one I ate.

Service was impeccable, including the manager who came to every table to drop by and see how everything was.

The dessert they gave us for my girlfriend's birthday was the most memorable part... some type of dessert "bomb". It is a MUST TRY.

Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Dear Shawnathan88,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of Toro Toro. As one of TripAdvisor's Senior Contributors, I am so proud to hear that you enjoyed your experience and support our #1 ranking. We strive to ensure that each and every one of our guests is given a warm welcome and 5-star service and I'm happy to hear that we didn't disappoint. I will be sure to share your remarks with our team and congratulate them on a job well done.

Happy Belated Birthday to your girlfriend. I'm honored that you decided to celebrate with us! I'm happy she enjoyed our La Bomba, which was recently named as one of the top five desserts in Miami by Miami Magazine.

I am pleased and proud to count you among our customers and I do hope it's not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Panama City Beach, Florida
“Wedding Reception.”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

The staff at Toro Toro was one of the friendliest to work with. They were able to accommodate our requests as we worked through the wedding process.
The food was amazing. The swordfish dip is to die for. We tried just about the entire small dish menu and could not find a dish we didn't like.

Dear AmateurFoodCritics,

Thank you so much for your review of Toro Toro. I am so happy to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations and were able to make the wedding process a little bit brighter. It's a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our tapas and I do hope you'll visit us again soon to try some of our great dinner options!

It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest and I look forward to your return.

“were to start!!!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

ambience,service, appetizers, drinks, dinner, dessert Bomba Served by food runner Yasnier keep up the good work !! greeted by bianca for dinner ,sat with Robert ,and all supervised by the most amazing assistant Gm i have ever delt with. Carlos Garcia.
dined three nights in a row! brunch on sunday spectacular Yahaira was divine !!!
see you guys soon!!

• Visited July 2014
Arminio R, Director of Operations at Toro Toro Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Julio C,

Thank you so much for your review of Toro Toro. I am thrilled that you had a 5-star experience and enjoyed everything from the ambiance to the service and most importantly, dessert!

I appreciate your accolades to Robert, Carlos and Yahaira for their hospitality. I will be sure to share your wonderful remarks and thank them for the great service they continue to provide.

I look forward to welcoming you back!

Miami, Florida
“Menu choices limited”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Bar area fails to meet ToroToro dining and service was below average. Menu offerings were poor, very limited, and offered no substitutions. DJ music way too loud to even enjoy and servers were slow, confused orders, and never came back to check on diners needs. Would not go back.

Dear Dev3329,

Thank you so much for your review of Toro Toro. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a great overall experience and I apologize that the service you received fell below your expectations. Typically, Toro Toro Bar does offer a bar menu featuring hot and cold tapas, signature dishes and full lunch and dinner. However, on Sundays the offerings differ due to our bottomless Sunday Brunch.

I appreciate your feedback in regards to the DJ and I am sorry that you felt the music was too loud. In the future, please let us know of these shortcomings as we do try to accommodate all of our guests needs and would have happily adjusted the volume.

The events you described are not reminiscent of the high service standards that Toro Toro prides itself on and I wish your visit hadn't been affected.

While you state your intention not to return, I do hope that you will give us another chance to change your impression. I am confident that if you returned you would have a more memorable and favorable experience.