“Hidden Gem”

Dining options: Reservations
miami
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Its a new place so we understand why its not too crowded, but gave it a try/ The server was very enthusiastic and recommended great dishes, We started of with their Bloody Mary Bruchsettas and tried their Short rib soft tacos (AMAZING), I really liked their Hamachi Crudo and their spicy tuna bomb. I would go back for sure

• Visited December 2012

Miami, Florida
“Underwhelmed”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My wife and I had dinner here on Friday night. Fun location, staff was very welcoming, cool atmosphere. Reading the menu, we were really excited (my wife and I are definitely "foodies"). We ordered 6 different items, each one came quickly and looked beautiful. Unfortunately, we were both underwhelmed. Food was generally bland. Spicy tuna -- not spicy. Hamachi crudo -- sweet but kinda boring. Short rib soft taco -- blah, no flavor. Etc. etc. There is so much great sushi in Miami (Pubbelly Sushi, Shokudo are our favorites) that this place needs to step it up. Such a shame because we love Alta Mare (same owners).

• Visited December 2012
Morpeth, United Kingdom
“Sorry guys - not convinced!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Dined here for the first time last week.

The service was good - the waiter was very enthusiastic about the food - but I'm afraid the dishes simply didn't live up to expectations.

We were a party of four so were able to try most of the dishes on the menu - Tapas/sharing style - and whilst there were a few stand out dishes - I think the ratio of those we enjoyed to those we felt were meh/poor was not favourable. Quality of the meats in particular was not great.

Best thing about it was that on certain nights and times the wine list was half price......

But sorry we wont be back on food alone..

1 Thank DarrenKell
Miami, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brickel's Best Kept Secret”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

First off the restaurant looks great, you have a choice of sitting inside or out. The service was fantastic as well. The service was very good. The waiter was help full in explaining the menu and answering any questions that the group had about any particular menu item.

For appetizer we had the spring rolls, rock shrimp, and bruschetta. The spring rolls were alright, but the rock shrimp and bruschetta were exceptionally good. The korean hangar steak was amazing, that's the one item i will remember and will probably be a main factor in me going back.The members of my table also enjoyed the Fried Squid and Short Rib taco.

Tikl is worth going to if you are in Brickell and looking for a place to eat. I will probably go back next time I am in the area.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a surprise”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I went to Tikl Raw Bar Grill yesterday and had a great time. The waiter was extremely nice and helped my navigate their exotic menu. We got the Chili Chicken Thighs to start which was pretty good. For a main course I got the Thai Curried Mussels and loved it! My date got the Warm Veal Rilet and couldnt stop raving about it. Overall this is a great place, I would come here again. The only down side was its location otherwise great spot