“Awesome Facial”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome Facial”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I loved my time at Jurlique Spa! I stayed in the hotel and the spa appointment was a last minute splurge. I was lucky enough to get an appointment with Rosa. I am familiar with the Jurlique line of products, but have never had a treatment using them. Rosa helped customize the facial just for my skin. She was most professional and quite knowledgeable.

The treatment room was quiet and very clean. The table was comfortable. Rosa only talked to me when necessary (ie. she was putting a warm towel on my face). It made it very easy for me to really relax. I think I even fell asleep.

On top of a great experience at the Spa, I went shopping after my facial and stopped at a makeup counter in the local mall. The lady who was helping me with makeup asked me how I cared for my skin. She said it was glowing. I attributed it to a great facial at Jurlique Spa! I highly recommend Rosa.

Visited February 2013

Los Angeles, California
104 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“great massage”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Although I had a wonderful massage, I am rating this spa as average. No Jacuzzi, only a steam room. The entire spa is co-ed, including the steam room. Using the shower, I was unable to get hot water. I have been to many spas and I was disappointed in this one.

Rooftop pool is very nice and the bartender is fabulous.

Visited September 2013
Maryland
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“disappointed”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I was looking forward to a day of pampering and had reserved a relaxing bath followed by a 1 hour massage.
The bath was anything but relaxing. Without going into too much detail I recommend that if you decide to try it you make sure they show you ALL the controls and not just the hot & cold faucets.
The massage was wonderful (I think she was trying to make up for my terrible bath experience) but the rest of the operation was shambolic. After the massage I was put into a bathroom w/a nice shower and ... no towels or hair dryer. I also couldn't find one in the locker room. The locker room has 1 (!) private area to get dressed or undressed in, and nowhere to sit (to remove shoes or dry hair at the mirror, had there been a hair dryer).
The receptionist appeared completely ignorant of the issues w/the bath until I told her and utterly uninterested.
I don't know whether my experiences were unusual and they were just having a bad day - all I can say is that I won't ever return to Jurlique.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank elg820
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful Spa Day”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I came here with friends after we all purchased a travel zoo coupon. The deal was great. $99 for a 90 minute service (facial, massage or combination of both), lunch and access to the pool for the day.

I chose a 90 minute massage and can honestly say it was probably THE BEST MASSAGE EVER. Orlando was my therapist. And he was absolutely amazing.

After our services we headed to the rooftop pool for lunch. Unfortunately, it was cloudy this day so we never went into the pool but we did have lunch and a couple cocktails. If this was a review of the Mayfair Hotel in general I would have knocked off a star because the service at the rooftop was mediocre. Our server took forever to take our order, forgot our dressing request, by the time he brought the WRONG dressing we were almost done eating. Only had beverage napkins for our meal. Very strange. But overall the food and drinks were good. Service, not do good.

Definitely go to the spa and request Orlando though. AH-MAH-ZING!

Visited October 2011
FLORIDA
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 258 helpful votes
“Jurlique Spa was AMAZING!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Please note that this review is for Jurlique Spa which is located at the Mayfair Hotel.
I work next door for 10 years. The Mayfair resort is a super nice boutique hotel which is a beautiful example of modern and florida mixed together. I found a special for their spa and thought i would give it a try.

My partner and i booked 2 one hour massages. One of us had a express facial and the other a medi/pedi. First the space area is beautiful...quiet and relaxing. They treat you as a first class guest. The place is not only beautiful....but CLEAN!!!! We totally enjoyed the spa and the service.
With your treatment...you get free Valet parking. Access to the steam room, gym, and the rooftop Pool for the day. The do provide you with water and tea. The decor again is very peacful and you feel totally relaxed while getting your treatments. My one and only complaint is that the rooms are not sound proof. At the time i was getting my massage the garbage was being picked up on the first floor....i can hear the garbage truck makling its noise and when it drove off....i felt as if i was inside the truck. They may want to look into soundproofing the rooms.

Other then that...its sooooo worth checking out. This is a small spa and offer your basic spa treatments.

1 Thank Miamimickey72