“amazing food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shokudo

Shokudo
Reserve with OpenTable
Shokudo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #991 of 4,138 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 48th
Description: Shokudo by World Resource Cafe Shokudo meaning 'cafeteria' in Japanese, we have created a casual eatery featuring Asian favorites and street food. Spanning from Korea all the way down south to Vietnam, come find your comfort in our food.
“amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was recently invited for dinner to Shokudo in midtown Miami and I left impressed. I am a vegetarian, and I had no problem finding delicious appetizers and main course dishes on the menu. I went for curry potato dumpling, and squash dumpling as appetizer, and then had Tofu pad thai as main course. Food was outstanding, as was our server Matt. For dessert we went for mochi ice cream balls, my favorite one being the green tea flavor. Overall I had great experience.

• Visited February 2013

Miami
“AMAZING FOOD!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Even though there is just a few servers not enough for the amount of tables nor the amount of guest!! It's completely worthy, It took more than 20 minutes to be acknowledge by any of the servers, but ask for the GIRLS!! they are great and pretty savvy about the menu. The Foi gra dumplings with the cherry relish was superb!!!the buns......really no words!! delicious. also the paid thaiu was unbelievable. but the start of the nights were the sparkling SAKE!! YES! Sparkling Sake simply to dye for!!!!and the Banana egg rolls with the chocolate sauce!!AMAZING!!! Great place, extremely comfortable and elegant. great prices great choice, I can not wait to go back!ahh. Valet parking available right there!

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Miami, Florida
“Oh my Gaaaawwwddd..... FANTASTIC!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Was basically the reaction for every single dish I had at this amazing newbie in Miami.

I had a very fresh and tangy Salmon Tiradito, which was a nice sashimi salmon dressed in tangy yuzu sauce (I think) with japanese pickles on top. the combined taste was emaculate.

From the open kitchen I enjoyed BBQ pork buns. Got 2 generous sized buns stuffed with sweet pulled pork, dressed with 'fried' onions and kimchi, and a little mayo..... DIVINE!!!!

Other notable dishes were the Ramen. As a foodie I know good Ramen is hard to make, despite the seemingly simple idea of noodles in broth, lots of restaurants fail at making a good impression. Well Shokudo stepped up to the plate and delivered a great Ramen with lots of hearty topping, with noodles that had the proper body / consistency, and the soup that tasted like it took days to make.

Very happy to have discovered this plance and looking forward to going back again with a group a people and try lots of more of the diverse menu!

“Tasty fun meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

We had a very nice dinner at Shokudo. Everything was tasty - spicy tuna tartar, spicy anchovies, shrimp pad tai, Chinese pork belly noodles, wood mushrooms... the highlight was probably the coconut dessert - absolutely out of this world. The service is friendly and efficient. There is a beautiful patio for the outside dining. The area where the restaurant is located is up and coming, not touristy. Overall, a very good experience.

Miami Beach
“Super happy to have a great Japanese restaurant in Miami”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

We went there after doing some googling. The only reference was that they are part of World Resourses. So we decided to try it with some friends. We sat at the very nice garden since the weather was perfect. I think we ordered like 15 plates to share. The sushi rolls and ceviche were incredible. The best was the tiger eye salmon roll. The pad tai was to die for. The Bibimpap was excellent. We did not try the Bun's. But the beer was chilled cold. The service excellent. Great ambiance. Finally true Japanese food. For dessert, the coconut cake!,, we will be back soon.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Shokudo? Share your experiences!