“Heavenly Health Retreat that will change your life”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa
Ranked #2 of 48 Specialty Lodging in Miami
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I found the Pritikin Longevity Center by accident when I had a few days to kill in-between meetings in Miami. The first time I only stayed a few days and fell in love. I was instantly welcomed by staff and other guests and did not feel awkward or alone in any way. In fact, I made friends I keep in touch with to this day. This time I came back for two weeks to kick off the new year--and my 50th year of life. I needed to make permanent lifestyle changes so that I would be around for my kids and have a vibrant "second half." Although it was an investment, I figured it was less trouble and certainly less expensive than a nervous break-down. So, with family approval, I headed out. This facility is a life-long health curriculum based on the latest nutritional and exercise facts and research with cutting edge medical professionals and researchers leading the classes. On top of that it includes a lovely spa, delicious healthy low-salt and low-fat meals, and personalized fitness training. I have been here just a week, and I feel more energetic than I have in years, my fitness clothes are getting too big, and I have met incredible people from all over the world who make this pilgrimage regularly to ensure a long and energetic life. My "brain fog" is gone, and all of my vital stats (though they were not yet in the danger zone) have gone down drastically in one week. I feel hopeful and positive for the first time in a while. You want to be pampered and lazy? Go to a regular 'ole spa, then head back to your stressful, unhealthy life. If you want to achieve things you never thought you could, and be pampered, spoiled, listened to, validated, and energized--go to Pritikin! Best investment I ever made.

Room Tip: The Doral Resort, where Pritikin is located, has been purchased by Trump International and is underg...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Rita P
There are newer reviews for Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa

Reviewed January 3, 2014

The most incredible two weeks of my life -- fantastic staff, incredible opportunities to learn from experts in their fields, and just this warm -- highly motivating environment created by truly passionate people who just want to help me to succeed and improve my life. I am especially grateful to the fitness team, the cooks and servers, the doctors and nutritionists -- each of you made a tremendous difference in my experience -- but more importantly in how I will live life from this point forward. Truly a stellar program -- from start to finish. Thank you for everything.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Maryse2014
Reviewed December 31, 2013

The program is right on and will definitely make you live longer. Do not go with an expectation for service to match the high price of the program. You are paying for the information. If you go expecting deplorable service and very run down rooms, then you will have no problems. They need to have some sort of polishing orientation for the service and restaurant staff. I am sure you would agree waiting 2.5 hours for dinner on a number of occasions is unexceptable.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
11  Thank Dillon250
HubertW_GM, General Manager at Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

I would like to thank you for your comments. As expressed personally when you and I spoke during your stay we acknowledge and apologize for the fact that there were longer than usual waits during the holiday dinner, when guests were taking their time enjoying the evening and dining leisurely.
It is unfortunate that your positive experience in the program was impacted by the challenges you encountered in the dining room.
We addressed the matter with our staff and are confident that there are no other occasions with such an unacceptable wait time.
We are happy that you experienced the benefits of our life saving program and are sorry that your dining experiences overshadowed the knowledge you gained while staying with us.
We are very proud of our team, which we consider a family, and are thankful that you gave us the opportunity to further improve.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I recently spent a week at the Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa in Miami, Florida and thoroughly enjoyed the program. Once cleared by the doctors, the exercise classes, yoga and Tai Chi is fantastic. The food is great - for no salt, no sugar, almost no fat. I was a little disappointed that they use splenda in certain dishes - however the daily menu page indicates which dishes have splenda. This week was a great kick start to a healthy lifestyle and the afternoon lectures were informative - all science based which appealed to me. While the program is excellent the resort -Dural - is sadly in need of a complete overhaul. The resort was recently purchased and is undergoing renovations. I changed rooms after the first night to get away from a mouldy/musty smell that most of the guests in my lodge (#2) also complained about. The other downside to the resort is that it isn't cleaned thoroughly. A plate of crumbs was left outside the Yoga studio almost for the entire week I was there. I treated myself to a massage in the spa, and it was worth it. The Pritikin Center is separate to the Dural resort - so it gets a bit confusing as to who is responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of all the spaces. Above and beyond all of this, if you need to change your lifestyle to improve your current health or need a kickstart and are willing to adopt this very strict but healthy way to eat, then I would recommend this program. In my short week, my LDL cholesterol had a significant reduction.

Room Tip: The lodge rooms are closest to the renovations so while these are underway, staying in one of the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank waejae_jae
PritikinCenter, General Manager at Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Pritikin Program. We are very happy to hear you had a positive experience kickstarting a healthy lifestyle. We have spoken with both the staff here at Pritikin and Doral to ensure the issue you had with the plate outside the yoga studio does not happen again.

We are all looking forward to the completion of the resort renovations which will include a comprehensive transformation of the facilities which will include 640 completely remodeled guestrooms; revamped main building, lobby, fitness center, ballrooms, pool and spa and more!

The new guestrooms will be adorned in a chic palette of elegant neutrals accentuated with Mahogany wood and gold leaf Spanish revival details. Furnishings will be comprised of lush fabrics and classic herringbone and geometric patterns for additional glamorous touches.

Hubert E. Wewer
Pritikin Longevity Center + Spa at Doral

Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I have been here for 5 days and already we are feeling better, blood sugar in normal ranges, all blood factors are in range and weight is down. The education is better than anything you can read or hear. Everyone would benefit by attending Prikitin.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Pat D
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The program is second to none - the education is phenomenal and the staff are wonderful. Very patient and kind, willing to answer any questions you have. The food takes a bit to get used to, but once you adjust it's wonderful too. Highly recommend for anyone looking to improve their health and quality of life.

Room Tip: Ask if there are any groups visiting or tournaments and ask to be placed in a lodge or room away fro...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Heather K
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Myths and misconceptions are corrected as you learn how to eat mindfully and healthily. The protocols are based on science not conjecture. If you are looking to make lifestyle change to lower your blood pressure or cholesterol under medical supervision there is no better place to go. It takes a few days to adjust to the no salt, no sugar, no oil diet- I put hot sauce on everything- but your taste buds do change and the food becomes progressively more palatable. I liked that there was a large round table for singles who wanted to socialize with some other guests. The facilities are in desperate need of a redo though- the rooms in the two remote buildings - no rooms are in the main facility- are small and unimpressive - but you spend very little time in them. The frequent rains caused a problem getting around without getting soaked. The staff all around are friendly and so very nice- always looking to make your experience better. The supervised classes are excellent and a great way to get in shape without getting hurt. I do plan to return with my husband, despite the terrible rooms, because of the exceptional educational program.

Room Tip: Maybe a suite?
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Foodpb
PritikinCenter, General Manager at Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for your very nice review of the Pritikin program. We are happy to say that just last week the Trump Hotel Collection announced a comprehensive transformation of the facilities which will include 640 completely remodeled guestrooms; revamped main building, lobby, fitness center, ballrooms, pool and spa and more!

We look forward to your return to Pritikin and Trump National Doral Miami - and depending on when your next stay will take place, the room renovations may be complete.

Hubert E. Wewer
Pritikin Longevity Center + Spa at Doral

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral
Hilton Garden Inn Miami Dolphin Mall
Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral
Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West
Marriott's Villas at Doral
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral Area

Been to Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa? Share your experiences!