“Pritikin stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa
Ranked #2 of 48 Specialty Lodging in Miami
Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you want to live a longer healthy life, this is the place for you. You will have access to first class medical team, cutting edge medical testing and follow up review. You will be given an individual plan which includes exercise, diet. The lectures are outstanding packed with valuable information. The Doral surrounding are OK. Try it, it is a life changing experience

Room Tip: Book a suite room, it is located very close to the activities, other rooms require a 5 -10 minute wa...
Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Ziggy318
There are newer reviews for Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We came with modest expectations and mixed comments from people who had been here before. After two days we were hooked to the life changing programs, lectures, exercise programs, medical consultations and an exceptionally caring staff. We had little time for enjoying the beautiful 'campus" as all our days were filled with lessons which have changed our life.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Carpediem1933
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I just returned from my third visit to Pritikin. Many of the guests come here yearly for "tune-ups." Many people come alone but there's a good mix of couples and singles. I've heard so many stories from people who no longer needed heart surgery after a month at Pritikin, people who were able to get off their medication, etc. Most of the guests come for two weeks and I think that's preferable. However, I was there for one week. The educational aspects of the center are first and foremost. Lectures take place most of the day (after a morning of exercise under the care of exercise physiologists with years of experience.) You may think you know everything about eating right, but these lectures leave you feeling like everything you knew was just not enough. The food is very good, despite no salt, sugar or fat. It takes a day or two for your taste buds to begin tasting the food rather than the salt. The medical staff has everything down pat. I highly recommend a private session with the physical therapist - he's amazing. I can't say enough about Pritikin and its education. This is not a place to go for weight loss, although it does happen. It's a place to go to ensure that the rest of your life is healthy and long. And who doesn't want that?!

Room Tip: You don't need a suite at the spa. You're never in your room.The rooms at the Lodge are very...
7  Thank Charlotte P
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Instead of a cruise this year my wife and I decided to return to Pritikin Longevity Center. It was a brilliant decision. Instead of fat and caloric overexposure (not to mention overflowing toilets etc) we discovered fabulous cuisine, a great and energizing exercise program and fascinating entertainment in the form of lectures. PHD Dr. Jay Kenney is funnier than Chris Rock and more informative than your best college professor. And the food is spectacular. Removed two blood pressure meds in the first week with the lowest readings in 40 years. Oh yes, it's located at the Blue Monster golf course at Doral. Saw Tiger! We feel renewed and invigorated.

Room Tip: Find out what Trump has put his magic hands on.
9  Thank skfitzp
HubertW_GM, General Manager at Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Good day,

I couldn't have said it better myself, A cruise vacation cannot compare to the HEALTHY vacation you experience here at Pritikin Longevity Center, Its Life Changing! I am happy to know that you had such a wonderful experience. We wish you the best of success in continuing the Pritkin program at home and look forward to being able to host you and your family again soon.

Hubert Wewer, GM
Pritikin Longevity Center

Reviewed March 21, 2013

An eye opening education to a new way of eating. It's an experience that will change the way you look at food. Learn facts from fads. The staff of doctors and exercise specialists are exceptional. The day is busy going from exercise class to doctors appointments, lectures and cooking classes. The spa is a must.

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank Wendy C
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Once I understood the philosophy and the science behind it, the Pritikin way is just common sense. Exercising and eating right has never been this rewarding. The education I received will influence my cooking as well as my choices. I wish the medical community recommended this experience to everyone.

Room Tip: I've stayed at Lodge 2 for both visits..perfect accommodation.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank AbbeLeigh
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The Pritikin Longevity Center and Spa surpasses all the health oriented journeys I have taken ...and I have taken many! Library of Congress calls me for a diet book! It has taken me too long to learn a life style that is healthy, normal, delicious and exciting! I wish I had discovered this years ago, but I am finding that anytime is a help and the program is maintainable at home. This is our first week and already we are changed for the better. Losing 2 pounds in 2 1/2 days has been a side benefit. I know my blood sugar and blood panel with be improved. The activities are fun with choices such as zumba, aquatics, yoga or relaxing in this beautiful Doral Resort in addition. The daily workouts are with supportive personnel and excellent equipment in the gym! The teachers are doctors and specialist. They challenge your thinking and enlighten! I also value the medical aspect of the program. Love the food without salt and sugar...energy level is up and we are feeling great....will come back for refreshers to maintain this healthy life style! Thank you Pritikin!

Room Tip: Any room here at the Doral Golf and Country Club is great. You are never in your room so go with th...
4  Thank Perrce
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral
Hilton Garden Inn Miami Dolphin Mall
Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral
Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West
Marriott's Villas at Doral
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral Area

Been to Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa? Share your experiences!