“Pritikin Center in Miami”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa
Ranked #2 of 40 Specialty Lodging in Miami
SALISBURY
“Pritikin Center in Miami”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Wow! What a great place! Pritikin is part of the Doral resort. The grounds and facilities are incredibly beautiful, the service impeccable. Doral=golf resort; Pritikin=healthy eating and exercise. Yes, it's a great weight loss program (no salt, no fat, no sugar), but it works virtually for everyone. I came here just 4 days ago and am off blood pressure medicine for the first time in 15 years! The exercises range from cardio to yoga and tai chi to strength training, always a lot to choose from. Pritikin is well worth the extra money as compared to other weight loss centers. And I haven't even told readers yet about the most excellent spa! 3 heated, salt water pools! Nothing better anywhere!

Room Tip: ask for second or third floors...FL has bugs!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

I arrived worried about my health - I left with a whole new way of living. The food is excellent (once I got used to less salt), the staff superb. Nothing is too much trouble for the doctors, nutrionists, exercise staff, dining room ...

I particulary like that losing weight is a side-effect, not the main focus!

I cannot recommend Pritikin highly enough both for a visit, and as a way of living. I will be back!

Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

I came to lose weight, but I now have a new lifestyle. The education is based on medical research. I am amazed about how much I have learned. Cooking school here has made me realize healthy eating tastes great too! The doctors, medical staff, exercise instructors, and nutritional staff work together as team so for the first time I have an individual blueprint for a healthy life.

St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

If you're looking for a health & wellness resort/spa, this is certainly the place! The program is fantastic, the staff and health professionals are helpful and knowledgeable and it's amazing what you can achieve with the right tools in place. Pritikin provides those tools. Wish I could stay another 2 weeks. Lifestyle change will be a permanent one this round!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Not only have I lost weight, I feel healthier, more positive and more energetic! The amenities are fantastic and the instructors and doctors are incredible. Thanks Pritikin for helping me to get my health, and my life, back on track!

Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Having never been to any type of wellness spa, I was first shocked by the number of men that have come here to get, or keep in shape. For some it was their first time, some had heard from friends, and some come often to take care of their health. 75 % of the attendees in my first week here were men. The program is remarkable and while you can read all the reviews, until you actually hear ALL the lectures, meet with the doctors and other professionals here, you really have no idea of how this program can change your lives. It has mine! I am excited to now be finishing my second week and have learned so many things about myself and the way I eat, I will be forever in their debt.

Room Tip: Lodge 2 is the closest, with Lodge 4 a 10 minute walk but close to the Doral fitness center.
1 Thank travellin_gal_11
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Just when you think a program could not get better, when I got to Pritikin I found that Pritikin had gotten even better. From the food to the medical lectures to the state of the art exercise equipment to the fabulous beautiful surroundings, it was all superb. With an active and extensive program and schedule, the entire staff manage to coordinate all services and kept me motivated and organized. When I left Pritikin I felt sooo much better than when I got there! I can't wait to go back again.

Room Tip: My lodge room was very large and comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami/Brickell-Downtown

Been to Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa? Share your experiences!