“Great recipes for healthy living....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa
Ranked #2 of 39 Specialty Lodging in Miami
Toronto, Canada
“Great recipes for healthy living....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

One can learn a new way of preparing and eating healthy food.
Recommend a visit... treat yourself
Janese Kane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

I just spent 2 weeks at the pritikin longevity center in miami and it is a life changer. Anyone serious about a healthy life style should check it out. It has had proven results for over 30 years. Many people comeback year after year.

It is an all inclusive resort with spa, daily exercise, couselling, cooking class, and much much more that you need to stop the unhealthy way so many of us are living.
check it out at Pritican.com

1 Thank lcm1234567
Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

I spent some time looking for a medically supervised center with resort surroundings. I was not feeling well since I had been put on blood pressure medications and wanted to find another way to lower my blood pressure without pills. The bottom line is that I have had a wonderful time in a lovely setting (which is only going to get better since it is now a Trump property), enjoyed the company of many guests here, the staff is constantly trying to help as needed, and the medical staff is superb. I was stunned that after only three meals here (and no weight loss at that point of course), my blood pressure had dropped dramatically and I was taken off one of my medications. The low salt, low fat diet combined with an exercise program of cardio, weight training and core work, is the "trick". By the end of the first week I was off both blood pressure medications because my blood pressure had stabilized below 120/80. (And I had lost several pounds as well.)

For anyone serious about their health, it's never too late and now is the time. In addition to the food and exercise program, the presentations by the medical and nutrition staffs are full of myth-busting information about what it takes to live longer and healthier. The diseases of "aging" are not a given.

This program is an investment in your future.

1 Thank Judith B
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

wonderful place, with fantastic results. Visited with my two cousins and work colleague for one week - it was truly amazing - I have been to Pritikin 4 times and each time my health improves considerably - my blood pressure is reduced, all other results come back showing a general improvement - the programme includes 90 minutes of exercise split into 2 classes ie 45 mins each and electives of yoga , water aerobics, tai chai, zoumba and so many other things - also includes two medical appointments at the start and finish and two doctors appointments again at the start and finish - also interesting lectures on every aspect of health - the facilities are good and everyone very committed - it is the only medical spa with insurance approval - for us to come across from the UK, you can understand how good it is - anyone who can make this couch potato get up and move, is a miracle worker - added to this you meet so many wonderful people who come time and again - in essence it is the best holiday ever and the good thing is at the end of it, you feel as if you are walking on air - the gym is well equipped and all staff dedicated - for those who can afford this and are worried about health issues, it is recommended - all ages, all shapes and sizes and all nationalities -

2 Thank DeborahELondon
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

What a great vacation. Pritikin is the best! I feel wonderful and I've lost 15 lbs!!!!!! And just think in only 4 weeks. I'm sooo happy, everyone here is just too teriffic.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

I visited previously and loved it. However my experience thisntime was not good. The fitness staff were tired and jaded looked bored. The doctors were rushed. Although I paid for extra tests the results not given satisfactorily. They said they would be sent on but despite repeated phone calls I still do not have them. Which reminds me last time I was there i was sent someone elses results. I did not like the rooms here as they were dark. And quite a way from the centre. Altogether a very disappointing visit. My previous review saying this was removed from site.

8 Thank Rosemary M
DKill, Medical Director at Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Dear "Disappointed,"

I am sorry to hear that your last trip to the Pritikin Longevity Center was unsatisfactory. As Medical Director, I am concerned that you did not receive results for certain tests, and I am personally working to remedy this. Please accept my apology. Please know, too, that I will address your comments regarding staff. I can assure you that Pritikin’s faculty, myself included, love what we do. As health care professionals, it is altogether rewarding to watch the dramatic improvements our guests experience. It inspires us, daily, to continue helping all our guests live long and well.

Ronald Scheib, MD, FACC

Medical Director, Pritikin Longevity Center
Miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

I just completed three weeks at Pritikin Longevity Center and it's completely changed my life. I was the average middle-aged American battling the usual problems like my weight, blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. And I had really high cholesterol too. I work too much and have a lot of stress in my life. I guess the main thing that was really important was all the support I got not just from teh medical staff but the trainers, therapists, lectures. I learned I could eat healthy delicious food and do exercise to change my life instantly. My blood pressure was normal after 3 days. My cholesterol went down 23% and my blood sugar normalized. I thought "could it be this easy?" I know I have to take charge of my own health and now I know how to do it. Anyway, I'm still high from experiencing this new me after losing 15 pounds too so I wanted to share with others.

2 Thank Anne B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Marriott's Villas at Doral
Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
InterContinental at Doral Miami
Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall
Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West
BEST WESTERN Plus Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall

Been to Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa? Share your experiences!