“Real Mexican food, finally”
Review of El Vato Tequila and Taco Bar - CLOSED

El Vato Tequila and Taco Bar
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed April 7, 2013

It is hard to find real mexican food in most cities and it is a real delight to find one when you didn't expect to. Everything from the sauces to the drinks were great. Highly recommend for lunch.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Less than a block from our hotel as well as the free monorail downtown and across from the open public market, it is very convenient. We read the reviews and this was our first activity upon reaching Miami. The décor was very open and sleek, modern but with a Mexican flare. Cool bar that if at night without children would have been fun to sample the tequilas, still the margaritas were very good. We ate inside but a great courtyard of outside seating also available. The food was excellent. While chips and salsa were as good as others indicate, it was the fried cheese appetizer that was the hit for our family. My wife and I had tacos with a variety of meats and topping, all tasty. The service was OK but the food, drinks and atmosphere make the a meal we would recommend.

1  Thank Grover R
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My boyfriend and I stumbled upon El Vato while walking through Brickell. We love Mexican food, and the funky interior caught our attention. I enjoyed a few flavored margaritas during happy hour (that was a score!), and some food as well. First, the chips and salsa were delicious. I am picky about salsa, but I found it perfectly spicy and fresh tasting. I ordered chicken tortilla soup, which was thick and tasty. My boyfriend ordered ceviche, which we both found delicious, fresh, and the perfect consistency. I also loved the street tacos- authentic tortillas with the right amount of fillings. Make sure to check out the bathrooms if you visit- very cool and unique. Prices were overall good too, and I hope to go back when I visit Miami again!

1  Thank Emma D
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We had a lovely meal at this fun and funky Fresh Mex restaurant in downtown Miami. They even have a real car inside the restaurant - with a table for four inside! Lively decor and energetic music give this spot a fresh vibe.

The food is generally delicious (we had bean burritos/soup/refried black beans and rice/quesadilla/freshly made guac/chips/salsa) and they offer vegan cheeses and faux meats which makes this a particularly veggie-friendly option!

Overall, a good place for dinner with the family or a fun night with friends and cocktails.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a great little place to grab a margarita, chips & salsa and people watch! That's right grab a table outside and kick back for a non-stop stream of people watch. This is Miami, so you never know what to expect!

The menu is more than acceptable.

The tequila offerings are reasonable. The food is hot (and so is the salsa verde).

Service is attentive.

Find this place and start the evening with a 'shot' or two!

1  Thank omegaet