“Great food and great atmosphere and convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of El Vato Tequila and Taco Bar - CLOSED

El Vato Tequila and Taco Bar
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Pensacola, Florida
“Great food and great atmosphere and convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Less than a block from our hotel as well as the free monorail downtown and across from the open public market, it is very convenient. We read the reviews and this was our first activity upon reaching Miami. The décor was very open and sleek, modern but with a Mexican flare. Cool bar that if at night without children would have been fun to sample the tequilas, still the margaritas were very good. We ate inside but a great courtyard of outside seating also available. The food was excellent. While chips and salsa were as good as others indicate, it was the fried cheese appetizer that was the hit for our family. My wife and I had tacos with a variety of meats and topping, all tasty. The service was OK but the food, drinks and atmosphere make the a meal we would recommend.

1 Thank Grover R

Somerville, Massachusetts, USA
“Loved the Vibe, Decor, and Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

My boyfriend and I stumbled upon El Vato while walking through Brickell. We love Mexican food, and the funky interior caught our attention. I enjoyed a few flavored margaritas during happy hour (that was a score!), and some food as well. First, the chips and salsa were delicious. I am picky about salsa, but I found it perfectly spicy and fresh tasting. I ordered chicken tortilla soup, which was thick and tasty. My boyfriend ordered ceviche, which we both found delicious, fresh, and the perfect consistency. I also loved the street tacos- authentic tortillas with the right amount of fillings. Make sure to check out the bathrooms if you visit- very cool and unique. Prices were overall good too, and I hope to go back when I visit Miami again!

1 Thank Emma D
jacksonville, florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy Fresh-Mex and Veggie-Friendly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

We had a lovely meal at this fun and funky Fresh Mex restaurant in downtown Miami. They even have a real car inside the restaurant - with a table for four inside! Lively decor and energetic music give this spot a fresh vibe.

The food is generally delicious (we had bean burritos/soup/refried black beans and rice/quesadilla/freshly made guac/chips/salsa) and they offer vegan cheeses and faux meats which makes this a particularly veggie-friendly option!

Overall, a good place for dinner with the family or a fun night with friends and cocktails.

Visited March 2013
South Florida, Florida
“Find & Enjoy This Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a great little place to grab a margarita, chips & salsa and people watch! That's right grab a table outside and kick back for a non-stop stream of people watch. This is Miami, so you never know what to expect!

The menu is more than acceptable.

The tequila offerings are reasonable. The food is hot (and so is the salsa verde).

Service is attentive.

Find this place and start the evening with a 'shot' or two!

1 Thank omegaet
Miami
“Que buena onda”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Been in several mexican restaurants, this has been the best in a while. The menu is vast and with good choices, try the choriqueso appetizer OMG...The decoration is very original. The servers are always on hand and very professional...Worth the drive and parking mess in the area.The complimentary chips with salsa are freshly made, they arrive warm to your table.......