WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hotel Mimo

Hotel Mimo
Ranked #9 of 20 Miami B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Pay a little more for something better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Location: far from everything, the area is shady
service: was ok, at check in the lady was friendly
cleaningless: poor bathroom was mouldy
bed, i woke up with lower back pain

They tried to upgrade it, but still a lot of work to do. Also having mold in the bathroom has nothing to do with the old building. lobby candelabra was dusty (dust thats been there for more than a week or a month)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

My family and I are new to Miami from Wisconsin and we have been relentlessly looking for a hotel that will accommodate our unique situation along with being clean and comfortable..this is a perfect place if you have just relocated here.....the staff here are wonderful....they are very personable and make you feel at home....The Manager has repeatedly made exceptions for us during our stay......this hotel is that it is private and cozy....not a lot of unnecessary traffic....the beds are quallity and lend you a good nights rest....The decor in the rooms are very soothing with unique colors and modern funiture....the area is centrally located to lots of night life fun and day time activities...I really love the fact that I can walk a few blocks and be right at the water...... we like this area so much that we have decided to find an apartment in this area.....over all I would highly recommend this hotel....you get a lot for the amount you pay .....I have done my home work in this area and this hotel compared to many is in the top 5 on Biscayne blvd....I will definitely tell family and friends that visit Miami about this hotel....L.D.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lisa d
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed there in total of 8 days... That was because I came from NYC to move to Miami and wanted to stay in an extended stay hotel- so I don't have to rush finding an apartment. First of all, when we got there it wasn't even "Camelot Inn" it was Hotel Mimo- being renovated. By being renovated, I mean in the middle of it. However since we got there from the airport, we had no choice but to stay there, we didn't know where we could go.. THEY HAVE A NO REFUND POLICY- so we said- whatever we can do it. Also the staff was SUPER nice. We went to our room- NO WIFI (which sucks when you are looking for apartments) and the room was full of roaches and spiders- my boy friend is allergic to spider bites- almost lost his arm once. Then the cool staff moves us to a cleaner room- awesome. However the BS begins when manager (Adam- tall goofy looking slow dude) gets back to the office- we walk in, and he has no idea who we are (his problem, not mine) then follows us to our room and asks ID only from my boy friend- (I am white he is black.) I lose my mind. He says there is no record of him.. THE HOTEL WAS PAID WITH HIS CREDIT CARD. How is there no record, we both gave ID when we entered. I get angry- but I calm myself down later because that area on biscayne is where all the prostitutes walk (yes, if you don't have a car, and you are a female, no matter what you wear be ready to for cars to stop next to you assuming you are one of the many prostitutes walking right there)
Then we find an apartment, for the next day, however we have to stay a day longer. At that point, we love the staff (except that idiot) and we say- who cares- one more night. Staff also loves us- we tell them at night, do you have a room for another day-they say yeah, but not to worry about paying right away, we can pay whenever next day... I wake up, go out for a cigarette- and ADAM strikes again- you didn't pay! I tell him I am aware,and so is his staff- they told me I can pay when I am up and I am not up before my cigarette. His attitude is so nasty- I tell him I am leaving to one of the 10 -20 motels right near them- CHEAPER and nicer (not all- but pretty much in 5 block radius, they are all nicer- some of them are 10 bucks more for the night but they all have extended stay discounts)- at that moment rain stars pouring- and again- no car, I say -what the hell one more night- and pay.
That night (our last night) my boy friend wakes me up at 6 am, telling me he woke up with a ROACH CRAWLING ON HIM. I keep calm. However then we see a spider coming RIGHT ON HIM from the ceiling- which we only saw because we woke up with a roach. I flip out, go downstairs, there is ADAM again. I tell him what happened his response is "do you want help carrying your bags downstairs." I explain that it is HIS responsibility, my boy friend could've been hospitalized- we shouldn't have to wake up with roaches on us- he is just staring. I tell him to give our money back, and we are leaving. He says it has nothing to do with him, then goes inside and locks the door. I tell him I will call the cops, he comes out and says "I am sorry I am trying to take care of your problem". I keep waiting- AND the cops arrive. As a law school student, with a lawyer father- I don't know why he thought that might scare me. The cops listened to us, then they said I was right but there wasn't anything I could do but leave- then he starts saying "I scare him and he wants me gone". I am 5'4'', petite, blonde. He is a tall guy, I never got near him. We go back to the room and pack ( we don't want to be there anyway) at that point we see a bunch of roaches crawling ON THE BED- which I recorded... The WORST experience of hotel + service - EVER. Do yourself a favor- GO FROM 65TH STREET TO 79TH- YOU WILL SEE TONS OF MOTELS- ALL CHEAPER- ALL ACTUALLY HAVE WIFI AND CABLE (we didn't have either on the 3rd floor)- and ALL CLEAN.

Room Tip: Right near there are a whole bunch of motels that area cheaper and actually clean with wifi and cabl...