“I thought I hated Uni!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Naoe Miami
Ranked #230 of 4,019 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: SE 8 Street
Description: At this rare Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award restaurant, chef-owner Kevin Cory specializes in natural Japanese cuisine with his relatives' sake and soy sauce breweries from Japan for a unique Chef's Choice menu. $200 per person plus sales tax and 20% gratuity. Please allow two to three hours of your time for the dinner. As the menu is prepared specially each day, food allergies must be cleared 10 days in advance. Reservations are required and exclusively accepted online via SeatMe.
Miami, Florida
“I thought I hated Uni!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Being lucky enough to score a reservation at Naoe proved to be the best sushi experience of my life! The product is flown in from Japan every 24 hours! Talk about fresh! I have never enjoyed the metallic taste and mushy texture of uni, turns out I've been eating bad uni. Here it was spongy, light and tasted like the ocean! I may have also become a convert from real foie gras to monk fish liver, dubbed the foie gras of the sea. Sweet, flavorful and mildly sweet. Finally, if you can, sit at the counter. You get to watch Chef masterfully prepare your delicacies! We were treated like welcomed guests. The manager, Wendy, engaged in plentiful conversation with us. She pulled out her phone and showed pictures of the fish we were eating as well as pictures of Chef and his uncle in Japan expertly preparing the fish. Truly an amazing experience. Go with an open mind and willingness to trust Chef and try everything; from the gooey duck to the sea cucumber roe. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank aimee-deep

Miami
“Feels Like a World Away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

From start to finish, this was a great experience. What can I tell you besides that everyone is CRAZY nice and willing to assist. From Wendy (Mgr), Leanne (Foodrunner), & Chef Kevin Cory. Wendy even came out to escort my wife & I in. I would not have found it otherwise and even was stubborn telling my wife I could find it. All you have to know about this place is that it is worth it. Get some sake, order the extended courses, and relax b/c you are in good hands. Don't be afraid to ask questions. I suggest to sit at the bar and watch the Chef do his thing. Crazy fresh, clean, & delicious place!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank John C
Houston, Texas
“One of the best dining experiences ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We had dinner at NAOE while on vacation to Miami. Made reservations through Open Table once I booked the flights and received a confirmation call a few days before the reservation date. We sat at the bar - best seat in the house - and got to watch Chef Kevin Cory make the delicous food. Not only was the food delicious and fresh, it was presented beautifully. The chef or a member of his team explained each course to each group personally throughout the evening. We ate everything and more! Everyone at NAOE is so lovely and kind, taking time to get to know the customers and their interests. There are only 8 people per seating, making it very intimate; I felt like we made new friends. The location is very nice in Brickell Key, but parking is pricey even after being validated by the restaurant for 2 hours. I recommend this restaurant if you love exploring new flavors and learning about your food too. I thank Chef Cory, Wendy and Leann for a wonderful and very memorable dinner! We look forward to our next trip to Miami and NAOE!

• Visited July 2012