“Excellent airport restaurant”

Ku-Va
Ranked #197 of 4,162 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Cuban
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Denver, Colorado
“Excellent airport restaurant”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Excellent, simple Cuban food with fast and friendly service. Hard to find a good meal this inexpensive in the city let alone an airport.

• Visited July 2013

• Finnish first
Longmont, Colorado
“Yummy”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The lechon at this place was great, maybe the best I've ever had; ate it after coming back from Puerto Rico and eating lechon at a few places there, including the famous lechoneras in Guavate. This was better. Rice and black beans and fried plantains were also good.

Staff was friendly, food came very fast. If I'm headed back to San Juan, I would actually look for a flight through Miami with a layover to eat here again.

• Visited June 2013
“Good enough that I ate here again when I returned to the USA.”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I ate here during a layover and got carnitas which were delicious. I got the white rice with black beans on the side and they were great! I really enjoyed the meal. When I returned to Miami I had another layover and checked out the options. Ultimately I returned here because of the great experience before. I ordered a different plate and it was awesome too! This time I ordered the 'Moros y Cristianos' (black beans and rice cooked together) and it was awesome too. I will definitely return.

• Visited May 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A nice change for airport food”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Between flights. There was a Wendy's nearby, but I could go to Wendy's any time. Ku-Va? Cuban? Okay. Watched airline flight personnel file in while I waited. Noticed families, singles, etc. eating there, too. Fast and friendly service. Ordered the arroz con pollo (which the waiter said was one of their most popular dishes. In fact, he had to check the kitchen to make sure they hadn't run out of it) Tasty, tender chicken. Flavorful rice...but, it was missing the 'kick'....so, I asked for some hot sauce, which made all the difference in the world. And, the mojito was VERY good.

• Visited April 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Some of the best Cuban food”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

With all of the choices in dining one has in a concentrated place as an airport and after walking through an entire terminal, I am glad I chose Ku-va. I was seated quickly and was able to place my order without delay. The server was nice and recommended one dish in particular, which I chose. It was the Churrasco (number 9). It was so delicious and tender and it came with rice, plantains, and black beans, and a side of chimichurri. Actually, I think two people could share this dish. I will have to revisit the next time I am in Miami International. I believe it is located in the "D" terminal near #19.

• Visited March 2013

Been to Ku-Va? Share your experiences!