“The best Spanish in Miami” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jamon Iberico Pata Negra Restaurant

Jamon Iberico Pata Negra Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Jamon Iberico Pata Negra Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 4,138 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Simply delicious. Waiting for you in Miami River's trendy Neo Lofts, Jamon Iberico Pata Negra Restaurant offers a little bit of Spain right in the heart of Miami. Cured Iberian pig's legs ornament the ceiling. Delectable products are showcased in glass cases inviting to be savored. Artwork and Spanish regalia adorn the walls. This hole-in-the-wall, in the typical Spanish tradition serves as both a restaurant, as well as, a jamoneria. With an emphasis on everything Spanish, executive chef and owner, Felipe Perez, offers the best in traditional, Spanish cuisine. Decades of culinary experience, Felipe and his staff focus on passionately preserving authentic, Spanish flavors. The gastronomic temptations of Spain are represented in the restaurant's rich menu. Serving regional favorites: tapas, paellas, meats and seafood, the restaurant also possesses a broad array of fine quality Spanish wines. Friendly service, intimate ambiance and good food harkens back to, as chef Felipe would describe his beloved homeland, "magical Spain".
Miami
“The best Spanish in Miami”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

I've been to many tapas places in Miami and I think this is one of the best. We had ham croquettes, garbanzos fritos, chistorras, huevos estrellados, and stuffed mushrooms. Everything was delicious and the portions were perfect. The sangria was excellent, not too sweet. Service was friendly. It's in the Neo Lofts Bldg and directions are easy to find on Google Maps.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PataNegraRestaurant, Owner at Jamon Iberico Pata Negra Restaurant, responded to this review, May 24, 2015
I know it has been a while, but I wanted to personally thank you for your comments. We hope you visit us again.
As always, a pleasure,
Executive Chef/Owner Felipe Perez

“Retirement party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

There were about 25 of us celebrating a friends retirement. Felipe the Chef is a wonderful host. We were in a room in the back of the place. Very welcoming Spanish decor. We sang and had great food. I recommend the Paella Valenciana. I'll be there again!

PataNegraRestaurant, Owner at Jamon Iberico Pata Negra Restaurant, responded to this review, March 1, 2015
I know that it has taken me a while, but I wanted to personally thank you for your wonderful review. I love parties and I am very happy that you were able to celebrate such a wonderful event with us. I hope you celebrate many more special events with us. We, at Jamon Iberico Pata Negra Restaurant, hope to see you soon. - Chef Felipe Perez
Miami, Florida
“Amazing Spanish Food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

This Restaurant is by far the best Spanish Restaurant in Miami. The food & flavors are wonderful!
The Huevos Rotos are the best I have eaten. The cochinillo was superb! The skin was very crispy and thin, with juicy (not greasy) meat under. The Paella Negra was excellent, so was the Pulpo a la Gallega. The end product reflected the good quality of the ingredients. It is a bit on the expensive side, but definitely well worth it!
Best recommendation: my grandchildren, ages 7 and 5 ate everything, and said it was delicious!!!
Both the food and the presentation are excellent.
Chef Felipe is fantastic

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank 4BSA
Florida
“Excellent Spanish food in an unexpected location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

I had dinner with my husband and sons friends and we all loved our choices. The fair is not cheap but the food was really good and so was the service. Being from Spain myself , it's hard to find a restaurant that serves authentic Spanish food. This is one of the few in miami. Try it!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Vioka
Miami, Florida
“Excellent Cochinillo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

On our first visit we just had to try the Cochinillo. We wanted to know if we could get the taste without the 8+ hour flight to Segovia. The skin was very crispy and the serving was generous. The potatoes wedges accompanying the dish were also wonderful. We tried several tapas which took us back to Spain, but...will definitely go back for that pig :)

• Visited July 2014