“Well done”

Cuisines: American, Latin, Spanish, Contemporary, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 24th street
Description: At Jean Paul's House will bring a contemporary New world Cuisine, Our menu highlights seasonal and sustainable ingredients, sourced by top local producers, Our meats are grass feed and antibiotics /hormones free.A place where chef Desmaison creates dishes full of flavors and the best quality of ingredients. A place where is a relaxed, unpretentious style that reflects the Chef Desmaison respect and appreciation of beauty in cuisine and service..
“Well done”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is situated in a cute cottage and the interior is nicely done. The grilled pear salad over arugula was great, as was the goat cheese salad. Mains of corvina with quinoa, and scallops with butternut squash purée were very successful, and we loved the panna cotta and the profiteroles. Service was perfect. They serve only beer and wine. Like so many restaurants in Miami, they do not have a non-alcoholic beer available. Only street parking here as they lost their parking lot to a large condo under construction next door. This neighborhood is in transition. This is several blocks north of the performing arts center and would be a good choice for a pre-show dinner.

Visited September 2013

“Not that good....”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My personal experience with this restaurant unfortunately was not great.The place looks good, nice small room warm with ok décor.....first impact the smell of mold......probably understandable do to the age of this home.
The disappointment came with the food.........ceviche was good ( after all is Peruvian )
the risotto ...here its just a word they do not know the meaning of risotto is ....terrible!!!
the ...Bouillabaisse, Lobster Stock, Mussels, Clams, Shrimp & Fried Fish of the Day was really not edible, the small piece of fish had the consistency of a card board and the clams hard like plastic....
Eggplant Carpaccio, Grilled Eggplant and Shaved Reggiano, Extra Virgin Olive Oil.....was great
Locally we had a great ,great waiter,Matt...we were lucky with him ,made the experience much more pleasant !!!
Price: overprice

• Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“To Die For!!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

French/Peruvian fusion was so yummy. Vacationed this August in South Beach Miami. My wife, daughter and I decided to give this place a try. Every dish was delicious. The Grilled Octopus was to die for. I also had the Bouillabaisse and apple tart for dessert. Wow! I highly recommend this place. I can't wait to go back. My daughter had the special of the day and my wife had the Braised Short Ribs.

• Visited August 2013
“disappointing”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

we have been to Jean Pauls House more than 25 times and it has always been good in the past. This visit was a disaster in that one of the specials, the Lamb Chop, was inedible. I complained about it but the item was not taken off the bill. I did not want to make a scene in front of my guests so paid and left. We have had family celebrations here, brought people from out of town and even local hotelier friends as we were so proud of the place and we love Ricky.
They really let us down this time and they haven't even bothered to call to apologize.We were there when they started but it will be awhile before we return.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank ChrisPaulAnnaMarie
Ricdpp, Manager at Jean Paul's House, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Once again our sincere apologies, we are saddened by your review but even sadder that as our guest, we do not give the service and quality of the food you had on other visits and that characterizes us as a company. I remembered I apologized to you personally in addition to let you know that on your next visit I will personally take care of you, that's why I considered it was not necessary to make the call, again, it was a mistake on my part, anyway thanks for the review because as a business is one of the ways to improve in all aspects and to ensure continuity of wonderful dining experience to our guest

thanks again

Ricky De Paramo
manager
Miami, Florida
“food is terrific, in a great setting”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I really like the food here. Simple and sophisticated at the same time. Fresh and hot. The restaurant setting is really nice and quiet, with good staff, not wanting to rush you out the door. Try it, you'll like it.

Visited June 2013