“Unique excellent food”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Oswego, Illinois
“Unique excellent food”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The food was excellent. Wide variety of Peruvian cuisine. My 2 daughters had dishes that they both thoroughly enjoyed. I had the seafood ceviche which was quite tasty. Service was excellent and pricing was reasonable. Recommend this restaurant highly

• Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and experience!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was our first ever time to try Peruvian food and we are glad we did, this place is absolutely amazing and always buzzing! You take an elevator to go upstairs to the main restaurant, on a Sunday afternoon 3.30pm and still full! The menu had so many choices and being a novice to this cuisine, we had no idea what to order so asked our server to recommend their signature dishes for us, we had a cold platter of raw seafood and fish (Cerviche) to share, delicious! Then we were recommended "An Incredible Bar-B-Q, Now In Miam" which is ½ grilled chicken, anticucho, chorizo, aunt paula’s gizzards served with some fried sweet potatoes and we asked for steamed rice. We absolutely enjoyed it from beginning to end. I have to say it's not cheap but it's worth a treat. The only thing I didn't like was the air conditioning was too high, we got really cold and I noticed quite a few people were feeling it too.

• Visited March 2014
PA
“Best Peruvian”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

They have the best ceviche I have ever tasted. They also have other Peruvian dishes and some vegetarian. Server was very pleasant and accommodating. Also, try the purple corn drink - totally unique and tasty.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank rjs15
Razgrad
“Piece of Peru in the heart of Miami”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Let me start by saying that I am not a Peruvian (my wife is), but I love the Peruvian cuisine. I first went to Pollos y Jarras with my wife and we had a fabulous meal. Service was outstanding and the food was just great. The attention to details in the restaurant is great, from the décor on the walls, to the way the dishes are presented and to the fact that there is a Maitre'd on the floor monitoring the service-all this speaks volume of how the owners treat their customers and business. We ended up returning the following week with friend of ours (Peruvian) and we did enjoy the place the second time too. With the amount of delicious items on the menu, I don't think these would be the last meals we've had there.
If you love Peruvian cuisine and you are in Miami, go give it a try...You won't be disappointed!

• Visited December 2013
“Great value and service”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Had the chicken. Outstanding! Very tasty, large portions, great service. Yet another very pleasant meal in downtown Miami. Don't hesitate to wander downtown Miami and explore the many fine restaurants eager to welcome you to a fine meal at a good price, served with a smile! I will be back for the ceviche, you can bet on that. Thanks!

Been to Pollos & Jarras? Share your experiences!