“A Great Experience”
Review of Pollos & Jarras

Pollos & Jarras
Ranked #4 of 4,182 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Barbecue, Peruvian, Latin
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A Great Experience”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We were staying in a hotel nearby and walked over to the Bayside Center. It was very busy and decided we didn't want to wait an hour for any of the chain restaurants. We decidehead back to the hotel. We remembered passing a restaurant as we drove in.From the moment we walked in we had a great experience. We were greeted warmly and were told told that there were tables upstairs. We started to head up the steps but were directed to the elevator where our host told us he would meet us at the top. After a quick ride the doors opened and there was our greeter. He asked us where we would like to sit we grabbed a seat up front by the big glass windows. Taking a quick look around the place was decorated in bright colors but also exposed brick walls which made the room feel warm and inviting. Our server was attentive and did a great job explaining the menu to my wife and I. We started with a red sangria and BBQ wings. The sangria was excellent; sweet and fruity. The sauce on the wings was out of this world. We kept a ramekin of the sauce on the side for later to dip our entree's in. I got a pot roast sandwich and my wife got a spicy chicken breast dinner. The flavors for everything were spectacular.Not a bad bight of food during the entire meal. We finished up with a passionfruit cheescake. Our server did a great job keeping our table cleaned and our water glasses full. I can't give this place a high enough rating. Everything was a six out of five. Thanks for a great meal we look forward to coming back the next time we're in town.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Miami, Florida
“Fantastic Peruvian BBQ and Ceviche, just wish the service was more consistent”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I live across the street from this great establishment. It is one of two restaurants owned adjacent to each-other by Peruvian chef Juan Chipoco. I take all my out of town guests who really want a fantastic latin gourmet meal. I recommend pretty much everything on the menu. From the Salchipapa to the Pituca this place will please whatever mood you're in. They now feature Peruvian style sushi (haven't tried it) and Ceviche from their sister restaurant. I am a regular here and the owner and the staff are very inviting. My only issue is that service is somewhat inconsistent, which is why I dock a star. Whether its a busy night or not I have had service issues a few times when coming back to this restaurant. On the last visit our waiter forgot to bring out the complimentary soup as a starter along with the tray of sauces, which I had to ask for. Also it was filled with some long wait times around 35-40 minutes for the main course to arrive after the appetizer. But all in all still a great place!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great food”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Saturday night at 9:00, the place was packed, We sat at the bar. Service was great, Food was great, Drinks were great. Lively, friendly crowd, helpful, attentive service, and great roasted chicken. Saw many good looking dishes being served around us, and the food looked good too.If you are in the area, its a great spot for casual dinner. Lots of choices, lots of scenery, lots of fun.

New York City, New York
“Amazing food & wine!!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This restaurant was near our hotel, and our hotel recommended it to us, which is why we decided to go there. Wow. I guess this was meant to be a Peruvian Sushi restaurant. Whatever. Doesn't matter. The food was amazing. The house wine was surprizingly amazing. We joked that our waiter overused the word "delicious" whenever we asked about a dish on the menu, but he was really not exaggerating. We went to a different restaurant the night after and really regretted having done so. We kept saying, "why didn't we just go back there?"

“A cold night out”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

The place is very nice the service is good, but the prices on the drinks are a little bit to much for the area.