“Not what i expected from a Conrad.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Conrad Miami

Ranked #11 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Bostonn
“Not what i expected from a Conrad.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2010

I have stayed at much better DoubleTrees , Embassy Suites or Hiltons than this COnrad. The location was OK, far from the beach or anything fun ( its in the heart of Business District). The Valet service was 35$ a night, which it what you expect from a conrad, but a little too high if you ask me.

The front desk staff were so so. they were polite, but not helpful. Our room wasnt ready by 12, and they were supposed to call us when it was ready. so we had t call around 2, and then they said " oh yeah its ready". By then we had already given our bags to Valet, and they said they will deliver our bags to our room. During check in ( around 2:30) i asked the front desk to have them bring the luggage to our room. needless to say, my girlfriend and i go to our room, take a nap, wake up at 5 and still no luggage. ( however, housekeeping knocked on the door and woke us up, because they thought our room was not clean ).

anyways,we had to call again to get our luggage. You'd expect conrad to be better.

this hotel did have the most beautiful bathroom/shower/hottub i had ever seen in a hotel, i have to give them that much. But the water piping sucked, every 3-4 mins the pip would rattle and a whistling sound would come from the pipe and the water pressure would fall.

My stay included breakfast, and the breakfast was amazing. The restaurant ( ATRIO ) was great.

Overall, i didnt like my stay at this hotel.

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank SaltShaker09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2010

I booked a stay at the Conrad for the Saturday night before a cruise (Mar 6) when my partner and I were traveling with another couple. We had a great, simple stay in Miami and would recommend the Conrad for travelers heading to Miami for business or a pre-cruise stay. Service, breakfast, and the pool temperature were there highlights. I was staying on Hilton Honors points, so the room was free and I almost feel guilty that the only money I spent during the one night stay was a $16 gratuity for our waiter at breakfast. I'd happily return to spend more money in the future!

What I Liked:

- Service was great at the front desk (Marilou) and the concierge desk (Richard)
- Despite the hotel being sold out (it was a spring break weekend in Miami), the staff didn't cite it as a reason for any shortcomings; they did their best to meet expectations
- I hoped to check in early and called the front desk before 6am to alert them of my early arrival and was pleased to find a room being prepared for us when we arrived at 11:30am
- We ended up waiting longer than anticipated for the room since housekeeping noticed a stain on the carpet they needed to remedy; I appreciated the team being proactive!
- The concierge gave us a great recommendation for brunch (Balan's), which was very reasonably priced and a nice walk from the hotel
- As a Diamond VIP, I was provided with an upgrade to a Bay View Deluxe room #1721(simple, clean, a little small). We weren't blown away, but it met our needs. We also received free internet and two free breakfast buffets.
- I received a call in the evening to inquire if there was anything I needed to make the stay satisfactory. I mentioned that we had four people in the room and asked if they'd be able to provide a discounted rate on the breakfast buffet for the thrid and fourth members of our party (the Diamond VIP benefit includes only two complimentary buffets). After being placed on a brief hold, the team member offered to provide a total of four complimentary breakfast buffets. This was above and beyond the service I'd expected an certainly appreciated.
- The breakfast buffet was FANTASTIC! The food presentation was great. The wait staff was very attentive with drink refills, etc.
- The temperature of the outdoor pool was complete bliss! There are simple cabana areas free of charge.
- The team member at the front desk of the spa was very pleasant (and cute!)

Items To Be Aware Of:

- This property is not well-designed for people looking to party in South Beach since the location isn't very convenient to that area
- The outdoor rooftop pool is nice but it is separated from the rest of the hotel and lounge chairs are limited
- As other reviewers have mentioned, you'll spend a lot of time riding elevators. I expected it, so I wasn't put off by it. I must admit that occasionally I did press the wrong button a few times, forgetting that I had to go up to go down.
- Some details of the room fell short: Our desk lamp was missing a leg on the base, causing it to be tilted and it would rock when touched; one of the reading lamps mounted in the headboard was broken; the bookcase used to store of the minibar snacks was tilted and not fitting correctly against the wall.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank johnruda
asimoes, Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, March 28, 2010
Thank you very much for staying at the Conrad for your recent visit to Miami.

We would like to express sincere appreciation to provide us your positive feedback through our survey.

We would like to take this opportunity to ask you if you have any preferences with your room location, view, room temperatures, type of pillows and preferred Housekeeping service time. We will make sure to accommodate your request every time you visit us. I would be happy to discuss your future reservations to ensure that your stay with us will be a memorable one again.

We look forward to welcome you in near future.

Athens, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2010

Stayed here for a night in June 2006. The hotel is classy. Great service from the get-go. We got a drink and a burger at the bar. Watched the World Cup.

The room was incredible. The view of the bay was tremendous. The bathroom was nicer than any. Granite from top to bottom. Floor-to-ceiling windows. The bed was awesome. Sheets were so comfortable and clean.

The pool was very nice, we were the only people out there.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chipperuga
asimoes, Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, March 28, 2010
Thank you very much for staying at the Conrad for your recent visit to Miami.

We look forward to welcome you in near future.

jdavis2311
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

I stayed at the Conrad in 2007 & 2008 for Memorial day weekend. We rented a two bedroom suite both years. The hotel itself is beautiful, the views of the bay and downtown miami are wonderful. The suite was very spacious and well layed out. My main concern was with the service. THe first year when I booked I was told that there was no deposit required they just needed my card to hold the room but it wouldnt be charged anything until my arrival. LIES! within minutes of completing my reservation with an agent my card was charged first nites rate and tax which was about 500.00ish. Which if I was aware would have happened I could have been prepared for it, but as advised by them it wouldnt be so I was shocked to see it when I checked my account. When I called back to find out why it was charged I was told b/c it was a suite and a popular holiday weekend the deposit was required. My obvious question" Then why would your reps tell me the complete opposite when I specifically asked that question"!?!?! I was given a mere "The agent you spoke with was incorrect, would you like us to cancel and refund it to your card"?! At this point we had already made up our minds that Conrad was where we were staying so I advised them to keep it and to better train their staff on the policies on reservations and what they tell customers. When I actually arrived in May, I was amazed by the hotel but disgusted by the manager on duty and his arrogant staff. The card that I initially booked the room on had been stolen(the reservation was made in Feb) and I had a new one from my bank. Apparently, b/c I had a different card they would require that I put down a whole new deposit!!!! He informed me that the initially 500.00something would be refunded to the account but they werent authorized to let me use a new card to pay the remaining balance on the room. So I had to basically come up with an additional 500.00 that i had already paid these people!!! and wait for the initial 500.00 paid back in Feb to be refunded within 7 business days. Completly unacceptable!!! no kind of apology, or resolution. I asked for the manager who of course was not available but I could leave a message for him, that would be given to him that evening when he started his shift. The message never got to him. The next morning I went to speak with the manager on duty and was given alot of attitude and the impression that he could care less, and I should be glad that I was even staying at their hotel. I was very turned off! It was already my second day and I wasnt going to leave to find another hotel at this point so I stuck it out. So the suite was beautiful and had a full kitchen and everything, washer and dryer and all the amenities that you would expect from a hotel condo rental. The downside is you arent allowed to use these amenities! Minus the fact that I paid almost 2000.00 for this room for the weekend and you all made a disaster of my check in experience I cant use the kitchen pots/pans and washer and dryer? it was ridiculous. Needless to say I enjoyed my weekend even with these mishaps. Like a fool I went back the next year and received very shady, arrognant treatment again! the deposit situation was fine because I was aware of it now. Upon arrival though I was charged more than what I was suppose to b/c there was an extra person in our party and according to them the two bedroom suites were made for only 4 people maximum(we had 5) So why is there a dining room table with a set up for 6? Very minor mishap and the additional charge wasnt alot but it was enough to turn me off and make me not want to return. This year I will be staying at the Epic Hotel for Memorial Day weekend.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank jdavis2311
asimoes, Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, March 28, 2010
Thank you very much for your recent review of Conrad Miami on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We sincerely apologize that your stay on this occasion was a disappointing one. Your comments are very important to us and we addressed the issues to the senior management team to ensure that proper procedures are followed in future to avoid reoccurrence of the issue.
We will work very diligently to correct these deficiencies.
We would like to personally discuss with you how we could regain your confidence with Conrad Miami.

United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2010

I was here for a business conference and it was weird from day one. It is in the financial district- so there is no expectation of “personality.” which it does not have. Cold, modern, unfriendly.
the staff religiously said “Hello sir.”
a colleague of mine said “I’ve never been called Sir so many strangers in my life! Made me feel like I was in a red light district!“food between meetings was very good and healthy and cost a fortune, I’m sure.
The staff was actually very nice and helpful. that was the best ting- and the
But the whole elevator thing is just bizarre- it took 3 elevator rides to get from a meeting to my guest room. the “lobby” is like on the 25th floor. So you have to go up or down for everything.
No key in the refrigerator- required a call to desk- and tip.
No ice in bucket and no ice machine- call desk – another tip.
No coffee in room – either go over a few blocks or call desk- another tip and a big price for a small pot of coffee.
I kept thinking- if you wanted to make a beautiful place ugly- how would you do it? Well, this is it- pave it, make it steel and glass and then make it difficult to move around in. Congrats- will never come back.
I'm really not that picky- see my other erviews- but this was my idea of a total waste of a place on earth..

5 Thank RangerDanS

seward, ak
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2010

A bit of a nuisance having to ride two elevators to go from the ground floor to my expansive room on the 16th. An express elevator takes you to the 25 floor lobby with fantastic views of Biscayne Bay. But then you have to take an other set of elevators down to the guestrooms. It took 3 elevator rides to get to the pool from the room. My room on the 16th floor was large and very nicely furnished though it was beginning to look worn. I'd stay there again if on business but I think I would prefer something more traditional like the JW Marriott next door if I had the family.

Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2010

The Good: This hotel has a great location on Brickell Avenue. If you need to be in downtown Miami, it's convenient. It's close to the people mover and to the new restaurant and bar areas of downtown. Restaurant has a view of downtown and has a pretty good buffet. The bar has views of the bay.

The Bad: The hotel lobby is on the 25th floor. You have to wait a long time to get in a small elevator to go up. Then you wait in line a long time to check in or ask questions. Then you take another small elevator to your floor (after waiting).

The Ugly: I paid full fare for a suite. It was actually a condo on the upper floors. So it was huge with lots of room. Problem was that it lacked the amenities and service of a hotel room. It felt like I was staying alone in a condo or timeshare, NOT in a luxury hotel. When you check in there are 3-4 people jockeying to help you. Apparently they all want to get tips when one person would be enough.

Overall this was not a good experience. A Hampton Inn typically has better service and amenities.

3 Thank angmohgao