I booked a stay at the Conrad for the Saturday night before a cruise (Mar 6) when my partner and I were traveling with another couple. We had a great, simple stay in Miami and would recommend the Conrad for travelers heading to Miami for business or a pre-cruise stay. Service, breakfast, and the pool temperature were there highlights. I was staying on Hilton Honors points, so the room was free and I almost feel guilty that the only money I spent during the one night stay was a $16 gratuity for our waiter at breakfast. I'd happily return to spend more money in the future!
What I Liked:
- Service was great at the front desk (Marilou) and the concierge desk (Richard)
- Despite the hotel being sold out (it was a spring break weekend in Miami), the staff didn't cite it as a reason for any shortcomings; they did their best to meet expectations
- I hoped to check in early and called the front desk before 6am to alert them of my early arrival and was pleased to find a room being prepared for us when we arrived at 11:30am
- We ended up waiting longer than anticipated for the room since housekeeping noticed a stain on the carpet they needed to remedy; I appreciated the team being proactive!
- The concierge gave us a great recommendation for brunch (Balan's), which was very reasonably priced and a nice walk from the hotel
- As a Diamond VIP, I was provided with an upgrade to a Bay View Deluxe room #1721(simple, clean, a little small). We weren't blown away, but it met our needs. We also received free internet and two free breakfast buffets.
- I received a call in the evening to inquire if there was anything I needed to make the stay satisfactory. I mentioned that we had four people in the room and asked if they'd be able to provide a discounted rate on the breakfast buffet for the thrid and fourth members of our party (the Diamond VIP benefit includes only two complimentary buffets). After being placed on a brief hold, the team member offered to provide a total of four complimentary breakfast buffets. This was above and beyond the service I'd expected an certainly appreciated.
- The breakfast buffet was FANTASTIC! The food presentation was great. The wait staff was very attentive with drink refills, etc.
- The temperature of the outdoor pool was complete bliss! There are simple cabana areas free of charge.
- The team member at the front desk of the spa was very pleasant (and cute!)
Items To Be Aware Of:
- This property is not well-designed for people looking to party in South Beach since the location isn't very convenient to that area
- The outdoor rooftop pool is nice but it is separated from the rest of the hotel and lounge chairs are limited
- As other reviewers have mentioned, you'll spend a lot of time riding elevators. I expected it, so I wasn't put off by it. I must admit that occasionally I did press the wrong button a few times, forgetting that I had to go up to go down.
- Some details of the room fell short: Our desk lamp was missing a leg on the base, causing it to be tilted and it would rock when touched; one of the reading lamps mounted in the headboard was broken; the bookcase used to store of the minibar snacks was tilted and not fitting correctly against the wall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Decidedly modern, boldly conceived, and beautifully designed, this luxury hotel creates a unique sensory experience for its guests. The 203 guest rooms and 103 residence suites were stylishly created with a sophisticated traveler in mind, combining some of the finest services with high-tech facilities. Located in the heart of Miami's vibrant Brickell Avenue district, this sleek, downtown Miami luxury hotel invites you to experience Miami's sense of style and International flair. As the sophisticated dining and entertainment milieu Level 25 elevates the senses, stunning vistas of the city and Biscayne Bay unfold below. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Vacatia, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Conrad Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad Miami Hotel Miami
- Miami Conrad