“Very nice hotel, Great Staff!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$50 Credit per Night
Ranked #8 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Los Angeles
“Very nice hotel, Great Staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Stayed here for about a week for business, and overall enjoyed it. Would stay again, definitely. The fact of taking two elevators to get in and out never bothered me. They were readily available and it didn't detract from my experience.

The Good:
The staff! Everyone from check in to the maid to the valet were warm and welcoming.
The common areas were beautiful with lots of nice places to sit and wait for colleagues.
Room was very nice, huge bathroom with tub and separate shower. Great city and water mixed view, nice TV with plenty of channels.
Bathroom products were good, nice towels too.
Room was squeaky clean, never had an issue with the maid service.
Nice wine and appetizer spread every evening. Was only able to take advantage one of the nights but it was a great spread.
Loved the outside bar on the 25th floor. Very much enjoyed the food and drinks here.
Room service was prompt and the food was tasty, although the eggs were cold.

The Bad:
Didn't care for the bed. It seemed old and worn down at the edge. Felt like I was going to roll off the edge - LOL. Pillows were great though.
Had an issue where someone got hold of my room service receipt and called my room to try and scam my credit card info. Either there's an inside job going on or they need to keep hold of and SHRED those receipts.
Didn't care so much for the inside restaurant on the 25th floor. The food was just okay and was very pricey, both for breakfast and dinner.

All in all, enjoyed the hotel. Quick tip, if you like fresh pizza and pasta, go out through the valet area, turn left and cross the street to Vapiano. Great restaurant with thin crust pizza and pasta cooked to order, reasonable prices for Brickell Ave.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank KP&TP
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was disappointed to learn about your room service experience. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback will help us look for opportunities to improve our guest’s experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel with great view of the downtown specially the bar at level 25. Going up & down from when you arrive at the hotel up to the lobby on 25th floor , then we had to take another elevator down to our room at 16th floor was like " here we go again " lol. If you want a decent stay than go for conrad.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Adil I
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay with us. It is through our guest’s valuable feedback that we are able to evaluate and improve upon the high standards of customer service expected of us. Although your review was generally positive, we clearly, we did not exceed your expectations and convince you of a return visit. And for this, I am truly sorry
Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed at the Conrad the week of June 16. On the whole, this is a comfortable and elegant hotel with great guest service. From the valet to reception to the host stand, everyone made me feel welcome and was quick to offer assistance. This is a really strong point of the Conrad, because in my many travels to Miami I have not always found it a particularly friendly or consumer-focused city, at least not in the way Midwestern cities can be. On arrival, the reception desk told me it was out of my reserved room (king) and put me instead in a room with two double beds, but apologized and ensured the double room had a view of the bay and included breakfast. I was totally fine with the switch (as a solo business traveler) but appreciated their spontaneous resolution.

The room with a bay view was gorgeous - windows all the way across with blackout drapes, plenty of pillows, high quality Aromatherapy Associates toiletries, and both a walk-in shower and separate soaking tub. Lots of closet space, padded hangers, and a robe as well. I also appreciated the minibar in the room - it's a normal refrigerator, not the kind of minibar that charges if you nudge the can of Coors Light. I was able to store a big bottle of water in the fridge by moving a couple of things around. If you download the free Conrad app, you can look up your reservation and send direct requests to housekeeping, the concierge, etc, and request things like a different kind or quantity of pillow, a different style of toiletry (Shanghai Tang and an organic product were also on offer but I forgot to request them). You also can request your car from valet parking, although it was easy enough to do this by phone so I didn't try.

The cons of the Conrad are purely structural. To access guest rooms, you have to go to the reception floor (I believe 25 but I can't remember). Same goes for reaching the ground floor. So if you leave your room, you have to go to 25, then walk around the corner to another elevator bank to reach the ground floor. Similarly, if you are returning to the hotel and want to go to your room, you have to go to 25 first, round the corner, and board another elevator. It's completely bizarre. Fortunately, the reception area smells amazing - they sell the candles responsible for this scent - and the staff are friendly, so if you're not in a huge hurry it's not so bad. The other bit of structural weirdness is that it is not at all obvious from the main road (Brickell) where you're supposed to enter if you're driving. You have to go up to 14th street and then turn again into the driveway between the two towers of the office building. If you use iPhone navigation, the directions will be wrong, so disregard. The entrance is on the 14th street side.

Breakfast was included in my rate so I have no idea whether it's a good value, but it provided excellent variety and decent quality with both traditional American breakfast items (eggs and breakfast meats along with pastries, yoghurt, and fruit), and Cuban items like guava pastries and ham sandwiches.

The concierge (on the ground floor) offered great local advice about getting around (specifically on the cab vs driving tip for various locations).

In any case, I totally recommend the Conrad and would stay there again. If it weren't for the awkward layout, I'd give it 4.5 stars (or whatever those dots are called).

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We get many comments about the layout of the elevators in our building and the inconvenience if you are in a hurry. But, from a design perspective, we are the only hotel in the area where the lobby, restaurant and commons areas are all located on the 25th floor. Thus allowing for all our guests a beautiful, panoramic view of the bay and the city skyline and it’s a great place to unwind with a cocktail in the evening or breakfast in the morning as you overlook the bay. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations for service. If your business travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to your return visit.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I travel a great deal for business--and, after trying many Dade and Broward area hotels, the Conrad has been my "home" in Miami for the past 3-4 years. I stay every couple of months for 2 or 3 nights at a time. Consistently wonderful. An attentive international staff. Clean, safe, well equipped (pool, restaurant, etc) --and cool layout and ambience! I always feel better after my stay. And when my wife is able to join me on a trip, she loves it too.
Finlay B.

Room Tip: Some terrific upgrades from time to time for Diamond Hilton guests.
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Finlay S
Thank you for your stay and thank you for your amazing review. I am thrilled to know that you had such a wonderful hotel experience before your cruise departed. I also want to thank you for your compliments in regards to Sebastian. He is one of our best and I am happy to know that he left a great impression on you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is an excellent hotel. I always try and stay here when I travel to Miami. The hotel is extremely clean and very elegant. Overall, this hotel has great service. The breakfast is a bit expensive, but overall ok. They do give free Illy coffee in the morning, and that's always a plus. I would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are large and full of windows.
    • 5 of 5 stars
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for your "royal" review. I am absolutely thrilled that your Conrad experience was such a delight. We will look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to help with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I was in Miami for two brief days, and for one of those days, I stayed here. I booked through AMEX FHR, and I got a very good rate, which was made even better with the benefits I received from AMEX. I arrived at the hotel around 11:00 am on a Sunday, and was welcomed by the very nice entry way. There is a very cool water feature that covers the entire ceiling above you as you walk in the main doors, while letting in the natural light. As the hotel is a part of a bigger complex within the same sky rise, the lobby is located on the 25th floor, and the guest rooms are located on lower floors. It is a rather strange setup, having to press "up" to go to the lobby, but not a big deal.

I was welcomed by a very bubbly, professional lady at the front desk who did a great job of explaining everything, including my AMEX benefits and that my room had been upgraded. My late checkout was confirmed as well. There was one minor discrepancy though. I was told at check in that my AMEX comp breakfast was valid with in-room dining as well, only to find out later that it was not included. However, the lady I spoke with later that informed me it was not included, said it would not be a problem if I ordered breakfast via in-room dining and that she would notate my account indicating this. However, at checkout, I found that they still had charged me for the in-room dining. I re-explained the situation, and the gentleman at the front desk quickly removed the charges.

The room itself was quite nice. The bed was very comfortable. I had a bay view, which was very nice, although there is another building in front of the hotel, so you can't quite see the whole bay, but it is still nice. The bathroom itself, while nice, had a disappointing bathtub (a very normal, shallow bathtub. The shower was nice, though, as well as the included amenities. The in-room minibar, while typically expensive, had a plentiful selection in the fridge and the snack bar.

I had lunch at the bar on my arrival day, and ordered the lobster sliders. It took an absurdly long time for them to get them to me, but when I did finally get them, they were delicious. I had an excellent dinner in the restaurant as well. They did only have one waiter working however, and service was very slow because of this, though it was obviously not his fault.

I tried out the spa facilities, which are free for guests, and while the sauna was nice and quite functional, there was no steam room, and the showers were in need of some thorough cleaning. Though still not bad for free. I did not try out any of the services, so I cannot say anything about those.

Overall though, this is an excellent hotel, and the service level of the staff is excellent. If you're considering staying here, then the hotel's location is really the only thing you have to consider. Depending on where you need to go and if you have your own transportation, that could make a difference. The area around is very walkable and safe as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your review. I am very happy to know that we succeeded in providing a service experience that exceeded your expectations. I am truly proud of our entire team and I know that they are committed to going above and beyond for each of our guests.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The hotel is truly breathtaking. Upon arrival the staff were extremely welcoming and throughout my stay they made me catered for my every need. The views from the hotel are amazing and truly displays the breathtaking scenery Miami has to offer. I will be staying in this again upon my next trip to Miami.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Sean B
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to write such an amazing review. I quite enjoyed reading about your guest experience at the Conrad Miami and I am delighted to know that we exceeded your expectations and provided a wonderful stay for you and your family. If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.