“Beautiful hotel with some eccentricities” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Miami

Conrad Miami
Ranked #9 of 120 Hotels in Miami
Baltimore, MD
“Beautiful hotel with some eccentricities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed at the Conrad the week of June 16. On the whole, this is a comfortable and elegant hotel with great guest service. From the valet to reception to the host stand, everyone made me feel welcome and was quick to offer assistance. This is a really strong point of the Conrad, because in my many travels to Miami I have not always found it a particularly friendly or consumer-focused city, at least not in the way Midwestern cities can be. On arrival, the reception desk told me it was out of my reserved room (king) and put me instead in a room with two double beds, but apologized and ensured the double room had a view of the bay and included breakfast. I was totally fine with the switch (as a solo business traveler) but appreciated their spontaneous resolution.

The room with a bay view was gorgeous - windows all the way across with blackout drapes, plenty of pillows, high quality Aromatherapy Associates toiletries, and both a walk-in shower and separate soaking tub. Lots of closet space, padded hangers, and a robe as well. I also appreciated the minibar in the room - it's a normal refrigerator, not the kind of minibar that charges if you nudge the can of Coors Light. I was able to store a big bottle of water in the fridge by moving a couple of things around. If you download the free Conrad app, you can look up your reservation and send direct requests to housekeeping, the concierge, etc, and request things like a different kind or quantity of pillow, a different style of toiletry (Shanghai Tang and an organic product were also on offer but I forgot to request them). You also can request your car from valet parking, although it was easy enough to do this by phone so I didn't try.

The cons of the Conrad are purely structural. To access guest rooms, you have to go to the reception floor (I believe 25 but I can't remember). Same goes for reaching the ground floor. So if you leave your room, you have to go to 25, then walk around the corner to another elevator bank to reach the ground floor. Similarly, if you are returning to the hotel and want to go to your room, you have to go to 25 first, round the corner, and board another elevator. It's completely bizarre. Fortunately, the reception area smells amazing - they sell the candles responsible for this scent - and the staff are friendly, so if you're not in a huge hurry it's not so bad. The other bit of structural weirdness is that it is not at all obvious from the main road (Brickell) where you're supposed to enter if you're driving. You have to go up to 14th street and then turn again into the driveway between the two towers of the office building. If you use iPhone navigation, the directions will be wrong, so disregard. The entrance is on the 14th street side.

Breakfast was included in my rate so I have no idea whether it's a good value, but it provided excellent variety and decent quality with both traditional American breakfast items (eggs and breakfast meats along with pastries, yoghurt, and fruit), and Cuban items like guava pastries and ham sandwiches.

The concierge (on the ground floor) offered great local advice about getting around (specifically on the cab vs driving tip for various locations).

In any case, I totally recommend the Conrad and would stay there again. If it weren't for the awkward layout, I'd give it 4.5 stars (or whatever those dots are called).

• 5 of 5 stars
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We get many comments about the layout of the elevators in our building and the inconvenience if you are in a hurry. But, from a design perspective, we are the only hotel in the area where the lobby, restaurant and commons areas are all located on the 25th floor. Thus allowing for all our guests a beautiful, panoramic view of the bay and the city skyline and it’s a great place to unwind with a cocktail in the evening or breakfast in the morning as you overlook the bay. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations for service. If your business travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I travel a great deal for business--and, after trying many Dade and Broward area hotels, the Conrad has been my "home" in Miami for the past 3-4 years. I stay every couple of months for 2 or 3 nights at a time. Consistently wonderful. An attentive international staff. Clean, safe, well equipped (pool, restaurant, etc) --and cool layout and ambience! I always feel better after my stay. And when my wife is able to join me on a trip, she loves it too.
Finlay B.

Room Tip: Some terrific upgrades from time to time for Diamond Hilton guests.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Finlay S
Thank you for your stay and thank you for your amazing review. I am thrilled to know that you had such a wonderful hotel experience before your cruise departed. I also want to thank you for your compliments in regards to Sebastian. He is one of our best and I am happy to know that he left a great impression on you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is an excellent hotel. I always try and stay here when I travel to Miami. The hotel is extremely clean and very elegant. Overall, this hotel has great service. The breakfast is a bit expensive, but overall ok. They do give free Illy coffee in the morning, and that's always a plus. I would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are large and full of windows.
    • 5 of 5 stars
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for your "royal" review. I am absolutely thrilled that your Conrad experience was such a delight. We will look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to help with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I was in Miami for two brief days, and for one of those days, I stayed here. I booked through AMEX FHR, and I got a very good rate, which was made even better with the benefits I received from AMEX. I arrived at the hotel around 11:00 am on a Sunday, and was welcomed by the very nice entry way. There is a very cool water feature that covers the entire ceiling above you as you walk in the main doors, while letting in the natural light. As the hotel is a part of a bigger complex within the same sky rise, the lobby is located on the 25th floor, and the guest rooms are located on lower floors. It is a rather strange setup, having to press "up" to go to the lobby, but not a big deal.

I was welcomed by a very bubbly, professional lady at the front desk who did a great job of explaining everything, including my AMEX benefits and that my room had been upgraded. My late checkout was confirmed as well. There was one minor discrepancy though. I was told at check in that my AMEX comp breakfast was valid with in-room dining as well, only to find out later that it was not included. However, the lady I spoke with later that informed me it was not included, said it would not be a problem if I ordered breakfast via in-room dining and that she would notate my account indicating this. However, at checkout, I found that they still had charged me for the in-room dining. I re-explained the situation, and the gentleman at the front desk quickly removed the charges.

The room itself was quite nice. The bed was very comfortable. I had a bay view, which was very nice, although there is another building in front of the hotel, so you can't quite see the whole bay, but it is still nice. The bathroom itself, while nice, had a disappointing bathtub (a very normal, shallow bathtub. The shower was nice, though, as well as the included amenities. The in-room minibar, while typically expensive, had a plentiful selection in the fridge and the snack bar.

I had lunch at the bar on my arrival day, and ordered the lobster sliders. It took an absurdly long time for them to get them to me, but when I did finally get them, they were delicious. I had an excellent dinner in the restaurant as well. They did only have one waiter working however, and service was very slow because of this, though it was obviously not his fault.

I tried out the spa facilities, which are free for guests, and while the sauna was nice and quite functional, there was no steam room, and the showers were in need of some thorough cleaning. Though still not bad for free. I did not try out any of the services, so I cannot say anything about those.

Overall though, this is an excellent hotel, and the service level of the staff is excellent. If you're considering staying here, then the hotel's location is really the only thing you have to consider. Depending on where you need to go and if you have your own transportation, that could make a difference. The area around is very walkable and safe as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your review. I am very happy to know that we succeeded in providing a service experience that exceeded your expectations. I am truly proud of our entire team and I know that they are committed to going above and beyond for each of our guests.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The hotel is truly breathtaking. Upon arrival the staff were extremely welcoming and throughout my stay they made me catered for my every need. The views from the hotel are amazing and truly displays the breathtaking scenery Miami has to offer. I will be staying in this again upon my next trip to Miami.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Sean B
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to write such an amazing review. I quite enjoyed reading about your guest experience at the Conrad Miami and I am delighted to know that we exceeded your expectations and provided a wonderful stay for you and your family. If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The Conrad Miami was simply tasteful, elegant, and customer service impeccable we look forward to visiting again soon. The pool was exceptional and several other nightlife venues were within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your stay and thank you for your awesome review. I was absolutely delighted to read about your stay and happy to know that we exceeded your expectations for views, rooms and bedding. The Conrad Miami is located in the vibrant and upcoming Brickell neighborhood and has many offerings for our guests to partake. I am glad that you experienced the city.
RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Looking for a hotel in the Brickell area that was moderate in price, found it!!! The Conrad was wonderful. Registration Desk was on the 25th floor so that threw us off when we looked in the front door. We arrived at around 10PM after a very long day of driving from New England looking worn from travel. The staff was so pleasant and welcoming. The rooms are great, super comfy beds and a bathroom that was huge, tub, shower with rainfall head and enough room for another bed, lol. Great views of the city and very quite. Could not hear anyone around. Slept great and ready to visit again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was quite delighted to read your review as I think you captured the excitement of our location and what makes the Conrad Miami so special. We succeed when we delight our contemporary travelers in innovative and unexpected ways.