“very pleasant hotel, but really not a five-star.”
Review of Conrad Miami

Conrad Miami
Ranked #16 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I found the desperation for tips over and above providing a service simply to be extremely troubling. I also found frankly the service if you scratch below the surface namely you actually asked for something over and above the artificial smiles you simply didn't receive anything at all. This hotel was a great disappointment to me in all respects, the fixtures and fittings are simply not five-star and services.

It is the only five-star hotel that I've ever stayed in my life where the staff told me on a few occasions that was a five-star hotel ! Which I found somewhat strange.

The avoidance of doubt some of the people working here are very pleasant and helpful I would not say that everyone is artificial but many are.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Givemeaholiday
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thank you for your stay at the Conrad Miami and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to personally apologize for not meeting your expectations on this occasion. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback helps us maintain the high standards our guests have come to expect of us

Write a ReviewReviews (2,210)

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Great location, the staff was fantastic and friendly. Clean rooms and the housekeeping staff would come twice a day. Good gym and pool. Right by the bay and they even give you a map for jogging or walking, just a added touch. I would absolutely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Angela R

Thank you for your stay at the Conrad Miami and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to know that on this occasion we met your expectations for service and accommodations. We look forward to serving you in the future

Reviewed March 19, 2014

This is an excellent building, all public areas are super nice and the location is great, but the rooms are getting old. I stayed twice there within a week, first time I got a decent rate from Hilton and the second time was thru priceline. I got a similar room with views to the city, one with a king bed, the second with two queens, both had stains in the carpet and one smell like cigarrete I assume the previous guest smoke there, but they didn't change me due to a sold out Hotel. This is consider a 4 star hotel in Priceline, which I will give them 4 stars for the public areas, the rooms are no more than 3, actually the Hampton inn across the street has better rooms (far better) and is a 3.5 star. Other than that the staff was ok except one of the concierge which was kind of rood when I ask him to help me for Hertz phone number.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

On behalf of the Conrad Miami, I want to personally apologize for not meeting your hotel expectations. I can truly understand your disappointment and I would be most appreciative if you could contact my office directly for further discussions.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

There was only one small problem that was quickly fixed. 2 of the 3 elevators had stop working. I left for 2 hours and when I came back they were working. Clean, nice people and a neat hotel. Close to the cruise port, $13 taxi ride to the port. I will stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank StlRich123
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear StlRich123 Thank you for your review and the 5 star service & room mention. Conrad Miami excels with a team that provides flawless, timely and responsive service. I was happy to know that we succeeded during your stay. We look forward to serving you and your family in the near future!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

The level of service at this hotel is truly impressive. Every employee is professional, friendly and helpful. Miami was pretty well booked the weekend we were there, so we spent more than we usually do for this hotel. I don't regret a penny! Very clean, well appointed room; nice view. They brought a small refrigerator to the room within an hour when we requested one. They are all about service and I hope the employees are well paid; they deserve it. Good location downtown; we drove to different areas of Miami with little trouble. Go ahead, splurge and stay here!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank enaj43
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear enaj43 Thank you for your review and the 5 star service & room mention. Conrad Miami excels with a team that provides flawless, timely and responsive service. I was happy to know that we succeeded during your stay. We look forward to serving you next you are in Miami!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Brickell is booming and if you are not in Miami for the beach, this is a good place to stay for all the many other things going on in this wonderful city . Comfortable beds and decent sized rooms. Service is generally good, though the restaurant quality was not quite as consistent as I would expect in a first rate hotel and I was surprised that turndown service was not standard, and not very well done when I asked for it. These relatively small issues aside, I would recommend the Conrad. The staff are friendly and helpful, especially the front desk. Prices are reasonable.

Room Tip: Bay view is good but city view is also fine. All rooms are high enough to be quiet and to have good...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank RNPSHP

Dear RNPSHP Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was happy to know that your service expectations were met with kindness by our team. We will look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

My stay was an overall amazing experience from valet, concierge, and restaurant. I was very impressed with the hospitality of every employee. They went above and beyond to show my girlfriend and a truly great time.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Omar M

Dear Omar M Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was happy to know that we succeeded in providing a hotel experience and we look forward to your next visit.