“Nice room- service lacking”
Review of Conrad Miami

Conrad Miami
Ranked #16 of 125 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I came with my husband for Valentines Day weekend. We checked in at 12:30pm at the Hilton Honors desk and were told the housekeeping staff would be asked to prioritize our room. We then had a bite in the restaurant- longest wait ever for a small dish of cerviche and a burger. We then wander down to the pool, which we had to ask the downstairs staff where the pool was (across the street and up another elevator- not an easy find) We enjoyed a drink by the pool even though it was chilly and almost completely shaded. We then went back and waited in the lounge for our room...and waited and waited and waited. We got to watch other guests get checked in. They were shown the restaurant and escorted to the guest elevators. It wasn't until 3:15pm I asked my husband to ask again at the desk. Turns out, they were " just" about to call us to notify us the room was ready. Being 6 months pregnant, I really just wanted to lie down. and since we were promised 3 hours beforehand that our room would be a priority, it was difficult to watch the other guests check in. No one bother to escort us to the elevators or offer us a valentines cupcakes as we saw other people treated. We were just handed the key cards and promised our luggage would be up soon.

As my husband travels for work and stays at Hiltons very often, it seemed odd (and obvious as we had been in the lobby over an hour watching the other guests) that we were treated differently than other guests.

We also tried the concierge service to help book a trip to the Everglades. If there had been a nice trip, I would have been willing to drop a couple hundred dollars. But the only service we got at the concierge desk was a woman who handed us a generic tourist pamphlet while she was on the telephone. We asked about a boat tour- which was difficult because we didn't have her full attention. She didn't seem know anything other that that it left at 10am every day from the lobby. There was more than one boat in the pamphlet but she didn't seemed interested in explaining the differences, my guess is because she didn't know or didn't care. The only thing she seemed interested in was moving us along- all while still on the telephone. She also said she would call the room to confirm with us- which she never did. (Side note: we went on the tour- it was a total waste. So not only did we experience bad service, but a bad recommendation. As this was my last trip before the baby comes, it comes as an even bigger disappointment that we wasted our time on an overpriced tourist trap based on the concierge's direction)

The room was nice. Lots of light and a good view; however, I wouldn't try to ask too much of the staff. You'll be far more satisfied with your stay and it won't feel like you're dealing with a motel 6 reception desk.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pmccormick
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear pmccormick,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was disappointed to read about the various opportunities where we were lacking in service including your wait for the room, as well as, the unsatisfactory recommendation for the Everglades trip. Clearly, we did not meet your expectations or the standards of Conrad Miami and, for this, I want to personally apologize.

Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback will help us maintain the high standards our guests have come to expect of us. As a valued and loyal guest of Hilton Worldwide, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly for further discussions.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Travelled to Miami on business for the first time from London, shead of relocating permanently. The hotel room was expensive, but it's one of the busier weeks of the yeat in Miami and it was understandable. When I arrived the staff were very helpful, even providing a couple of adapters I had forgotton to bring. All the staff were very attentive, friendly and chatty. They made every effort to help whenever the could and offer their tips on places to see and good areas to live in. They even managed to find me a skiing shop in Maimi and tell me how to get there, which deserves credit given it is a good few hours flight from anywhere resembling a ski slope. The rooms were a good size and evening room service a nice touch.

Only slight irritations with the hotel are the two lift system, whereby you actually have to go up to go back down from some rooms. Equally the gym could perhaps be better stocked with more weights. Breakfast could also be cheaper for what you get.

Other than that it was a great stay, for 11 days in my case, and I never had a problem. I would certainly use this hotel again without question. If you need to be in the Brickell area then there is no reason not to come here.

Room Tip: Bay view rooms give you a great view to wake up to, although a condo block being built is detracting...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear EJAW,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased to know that the Conrad Miami provided a memorable and exceptional stay upon your first visit to Miami. I, too, was not aware that a skiing (snow) store existed in Miami. I was delighted to know that our team was able to provide this unexpected service.

As you begin the process of relocation to Miami, we will look forward to the honor of your return stay. If there is anything the Conrad Miami could do to assist during this transition, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

The style and service are the Conrad’s hallmark. We were coming off ten days in Cuba and ready for a really first-class hotel, and this one meets all of the expected standards. After a greeting from the concierge on the first floor, you whisk up in an express elevator to reception on the 25th floor and then down again to our room on the 22nd floor. It was a bit inconvenient to take this up-and-down route to or from our room each time, but only a minor irritant. The room had grand views of the Bay and was well appointed and immaculate. Complementary wifi for Hilton Honors guests was efficient. The staff were all quite helpful and courteous. The location is not convenient for walking to much of anything, however, so you’re effectively tethered to a car (which we didn’t have on this trip). It was a relaxing one-night stay en route home.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2014

This hotel is in the business district of Miami, so beachless but compensating for the lack by a truly glorious 25th floor view, and generous rooms, expertly serviced.

I would particularly recommend the avuncular Haitian born chief concierge for his calm and graceful presence, and the jewel in the crown, the Electric Bike service. These sensible bikes are simple to operate, scrupoulously maintained and allow you to zip around all over the place, and that means the streets of Southbeach by various bridges. Wonderful invention, great idea and perfectly safe! So many thanks hotel and bike service....

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Nick B,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was delighted to read about your wonderful stay. The bikes that you mentioned are truly a fantastic way to get around Miami and I recommend that everyone should take the opportunity to experience. I would also like to take a moment and thank you for your kind compliments regarding our Chief Concierge, Francois. He is the much loved and well known crown jewel of our Concierge Desk.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to the honor of your return stay. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My friends and I stayed here for my bachelor's party and it was less worthy. Every little thing is ridiculously priced. There is no Free parking..we had to pay around $40 per day for valet.

Moreover - Hilton did not honor me the H honor points since I had booked through 3rd party (Expedia).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Prem1111

Dear Peter906,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. On behalf of the Conrad Miami, I would like to congratulate you upon this wonderful time of your life and apologize for not meeting your expectations upon such a memorable occasion.

Our smart luxury brand promise rests on our ability to provide value for our guests. We are always working to ensure that our pricing is in line with the quality of the guest experience, as well as, competitive for our location. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback will help us look for opportunities to improve our pricing.

As a valued guest of the Conrad Miami, if you would like to discuss further the issue of HHonors points, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 9, 2014

From the moment the valet took the car to the end of the wonderful experience, this hotel excelled. And so it should I hear you say, it is a Conrad. Many strive to give a 5 star experience, few achieve. 6, 7 or more stars who knows? We'll done Conrad Miami, you've got my business.

Room Tip: Bay view rooms look onto construction, (who doesn't in Miami nowadays). Our corner room 1911, ha...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear FromNorthNorfolk,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am honored to read such a fantastic review and will look forward to the honor of your return stay. If there is anything I could do to assist upon your next visit to Miami, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I got this hotel as a reward from HHonors points for the night before a cruise. Room was upgraded to a bay view which was very nice. Room was spotless and fairly quiet, despite it's location next to the elevator hoistway.

The morning we departed was the Miami Marathon, however, and despite trying for 45 minutes, the bellman was unable to get us a cab. Finally, he told us our best bet would be to take our luggage and walk several blocks past the marathon route to try and hail one ourselves so we didn't miss the cruise. Four suitcases in 80 degree weather through the streets of Miami isn't exactly how I planned to spend my morning, but it was our only choice. I would have expected more of a Conrad Hotel -- even if they had told us when we checked in the day before that it would be almost impossible to get a cab until noon the next day, we could have made other plans.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ValleyTwin

Dear VallyTwin,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was delighted to read that we were so close to a perfect score only to have it dashed by your unfortunate taxi experience. And for this, I want to personally apologize. I must agree that we did not meet or exceed the expectations of the Conrad Miami during the Marathon road closures.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will hope for the opportunity to welcome you back to enjoy the flawless service that you deserve. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.