“This was nice”

Ranked #11 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Cairo, Egypt
“This was nice”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

So I enjoyed this experience more than the other hotels in Miami, except the Epic which is my current fav.
Room was very good, I love a big bathroom, valet was very good, view was nice, restaurant was ok. Staff could be a lot friendlier. Concierge was super friendly but not too many others.
This is probably best for business travelers but still overall it was good.

Room Tip: Get a room with the bay view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Nerry_Luvs_Travel,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am honored to read that of all the hotels that you have stayed with in Miami, we have ranked so high on your list. My goal is to make the Conrad Miami your favorite and I will make sure that your recommendations are forwarded to the appropriate team members for further review. Please know that it is your valuable feedback that will help us maintain the high standards our guests have come to expect of us.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to the honor of your return stay. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Stephane Mercier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, IL
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed here the night before our cruise. All staff were extremely attentive and friendly, especially Javier at the front desk. During the Christmas season, the lobby bar SNOWS! We enjoyed happy hour appetizers/drink specials and watched the lobby snow! There is a free trolley that picks up outside the hotel and takes you to the Bayside Shops. Cute stores and restaurants. Travelers Tip: If you are going to the cruise port, call down and request a cab van for a certain time, unless you are willing to wait. Around cruise check in time, it is difficult for the bellman to find a cab van.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 20PANCAKE,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was delighted to read that the hotel exceeded your expectations in accommodations, service and SNOW. It seems you had a wonderful stay before your cruise departed. Thank you for the wise tips regarding cruise ship timing and taxi cabs.

If your travels bring you back to Miami for another cruise ship experience, we will look forward to the honor of your return stay. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Chicago, United States
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I brought my family and relatives here over the 2014 NYE week/weekend. The staff was excellent -- everyone is very nice, helpful, and accommodating. The hotel itself is very clean, comfortable, nice, and has everything you need. The internet and other amenities are great. I would definitely recommend this hotel for personal or business use.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Hanni S,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to know that the Conrad Miami provided a memorable New Year's stay for you and your family. Thank you for your many compliments and I wish you a fantastic 2014.

Espoo, Finland
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Excellent and frienly service, marvellous breakfast and quiet room! Only negative issues were price of parking and some trash in the pool area coming from contruction site beside (extra cleaning during the day would waive this). We recommend Conrad warmly basis of our 6 nights stay! :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear PP358,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was very happy to read about your wonderful stay. Please know that we are working diligently to keep the construction debris away from the pool area and we are looking forward to this construction ending soon.

If your travels bring you and your family back to Miami, we will look forward to the honor of your return stay. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Staff was excellent I have to say. Lobby is located on the top available floor 25 (there are higher floors labeled residents) When checking in, they offered a choice of different complimentary newspapers. We were offered bottled water but staff initially did not mentioned this was complimentary - I drink tap water, so initially I wasn't sure if I was committing to a $5 bottle - He insisted I take one and that it was complimentary.

Property was very very nice and modern. Many amenities available for a cost (assortment of snacks, mini bar, playing cards, even a 'romantic kit' - careful if you have young curious ones), and others that honestly did not know if there was a cost or not to even use (robe, slippers).

Bathroom was HUGE - separate shower area however, clear glass door. I thought the shower head would be to die for, however, the water pressure was mediocre at best. Temperature was extremely hot - careful if you have young ones.

There's an outdoor pool, Jacuzzi, and tennis court. Again, could not figure out if there was a charge or not.

Wifi was at a cost. There was a breakfast buffet, but could not see a price anywhere.

Value? 5 stars for the excellent rate I got (points and dollars) - this was a quick night stay with the family, otherwise, I would have stayed elsewhere to be honest. A romantic night on the town, yes however...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear rsauver,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to personally thank you for the wonderful compliments for our property but I was disappointed to see that you were not able to fully enjoy them and for this I personally apologize. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and that your valuable feedback helps us maintain the high standards our guests have come to expect of us.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to the honor of your return stay and a renewed opportunity to provide a memorable hotel experience for you. If there is anything I could do to assist in a future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I am a Hilton Diamond member and obviously stay at lots of Hiltons and related hotels. When I checked in I requested a Diamond room upgrade. I was told that the standard practice was to upgrade Diamond members to Bay view rooms. I explained that I had already reserved a Bay view room and wanted another upgrade. That seemed to be challenging for the front desk staff but I was finally upgraded to a suite (though it was lacking a Bay view). The suite is nice but there are a couple of issues. I'm 6'2" and the shower head only comes up to my nose. There is also very little water pressure. The soap supposedly provides "aroma therapy". I view it as a very strong non-masculine smell. The ironing board isn't full size. What's the point of small ironing board when there's plenty of room? My suite also came with a large telescope. Since all I look at is a series of high rise condos, it doesn't have much use unless you want to be a "Peeping Tom."

Room service is outrageously overpriced. A very small salad, hamburger, small dessert and two of the least expensive glasses of wine cost $84 including tax and tip.

The fitness center seems to be an after thought. It is relatively small and lacks windows.

Bottom line - I've stayed at lots of Hiltons that I would score higher.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ctlakehouse
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear ctlakehouse,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am disappointed to learn of the various opportunities where we were lacking in service including room accommodations and amenities. Clearly, we did not meet your expectations and for this, I want to personally apologize. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback will help us maintain the high standards our guests have come to expect of us.

As a valued guest of the Conrad Miami, as well as a Hilton Diamond Member, if there is anything I could do to make amends or if you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at my office.

Dickinson Center, New York
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We are very happy with the Conrad . We are here for 6 days & stayed here 8 years ago. It has only improved ! Athya , the concierge, went out of her way to get us a drip coffee machine ( don't like expresso!) and then went out again and got us the basket filters too and brought us a bag of fresh ground coffee taht she ground herself. It took a day but she really pursued it . She was very professional, helpful and courteous ! Dedicated to the utmost to make sure we were happy !
Likewise for Sarah the lounge waitress . Very attentive and helpful , even to the point of telling us about area attractions and restaurants . The food and drink are pricey , but that is to be expected in this area . Happy hour is VERY affordable though and food was great. There is a great outdoor sitting area off the lounge too .
Our only disappointment was that the Gordon Biersch restaurant next door closed. All in all , once you get used to having to use multiple elevators , we think it's a great hotel !

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Michael W Y,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was delighted to read about your fantastic stay. The Conrad Miami is committed to providing our luxury travelers an innovative and unexpected service experience. Thank you for expressing your appreciation for Athya and Sarah - excellent representatives for Conrad Miami.

If your travels bring your back to Miami, we will look forward to the honor of your return stay. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.