WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Conrad Miami

Conrad Miami
Ranked #9 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Chicago, Illinois
“Awkward layout and average facilities”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed two nights and had a nice, partial bay-view room without a balcony. There were some rooms with balconys. The most notable feature of the hotel is the awkward layout and need to ride several banks of elevators. You must take one bank of elevators to arrive at the lobby on the 25th floor, and take another set of elevators (up or down) to get to your room. To get to the pool from your room, you must ride the elevator to the lobby, then take the separate elevator to ground level, cross the the road, and take an elevator to the pool on the roof of the parking garage. The room, fitness center, pool, and restaurant were each OK, but not special. The location is in the financial district a few blocks from the bay, and there is a nice walking path along the embankment on the bay. You have a nice view of the bay & Key Biscane from the 25th floor lobby and the rooms on the east side of the hotel. Not close to the beaches or South Beach. Service and staff was very friendly and helpful. Expensive add-ons for parking & internet, which seemed excessive, given the price of the room. There was a convention at the hotel while I was here, and that may be a lot of their business.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconys, which may be desirable.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Roberto b
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Roberto b,

Thank you for your stay at the Conrad Miami and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. Please know that your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate team members and it is your valuable feedback that helps us maintain the high standards of customer service that our guests have come to expect of us.

If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Martin Wormull

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Pros: Convenient downtown Miami location and relatively close to Miami International airport (about 20 minutes). It is a good place to stay for business and the staff was friendly and helpful enough. Spacious and well-maintained and clean room (the one I stayed in had a lovely city view).

Cons: Slow check-in. I waited for 20-30 minutes and the line was not even that long. I stayed at this hotel for a conference and the organizers had blocked rooms for attendees but when I checked-in the room wasn't ready. This is unacceptable especially since the hotel had already asked beforehand for a non-refundable deposit equivalent to a night's stay. If a hotel is expecting a significant number of guests to arrive, then they should be prepared for that. For a "luxury" hotel that is on the pricey side and caters to mostly a business clientele, charging $15 a day for internet usage (unless you are a Hilton Honors member) makes it seem that it is squeezing every cent out of guests. I have been to small B&Bs in far-flung places that offered internet connectivity free of charge.

I would not rule this hotel out for a few nights stay but would also recommend to check other options. It is a good 30-40 minutes drive from this hotel to South Beach (about a $35-45 cab ride depending on traffic) so if your purpose in Miami is to be close to the beach, this is not the most convenient location.

2 Thank Karslima
Dear Karslima,

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

The hotel location is very convenience. The MetorMover Financial District Station is just beyond the street. So it is easy to connect to airport, downtown and other area. Great service, and great room. The front desk provide excellent customer service. The only thing I was disappointed was the breakfast. They charges $24 for breakfast, which is okay for this level of hotel. However, the breakfast is less variety and did not taste good. It was the worst breakfast I had at luxury hotels. As a gold member, I got free breakfast, but they charged 18% tips on my bill without my approval. I actually left cash tips. I got a junior suite, and there was four remote controls: TV, DVD, iPod speaker and Curtain. There is no manual for curtain, so I guess you have to do some research. I was surprised that there is a telescope inside the room, but also no manual. There is only one restaurant and it is pricy.

Dear Laoguai,

Thank you for your stay at the Conrad Miami and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. In regards to your breakfast, we are very sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. Please know that your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate team members and it is your valuable feedback that helps us maintain the high standards of customer service that our guests have come to expect of us.

Caracas, Venezuela
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I went for my anniversary and the place was wonderful! They gave a special room with Bay view that was excellent. The bar at 25th floor is great for drinks

The hotel is pricey but if you can afford it I recommend it for a special ocassion

Room Tip: If possible ask for a Bay view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Manuel P,

Thank you for your worthy review and thank you for choosing the Conrad Miami for such a special occasion as your anniversary. Our team believes in personalizing every Conrad experience and service moment. I am happy to know that we succeeded at such a memorable time in your life.

If I could be of any assistance in your future anniversaries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was in Miami for a conference and was very pleased with the hotel. The staff was very friendly and cordial. We were upgraded to a condo residence on the 28th floor with a spectacular view of the city. The rooms were very clean, they were spotless! The bed and pillows were very comfortable, did not have any trouble falling asleep. The breakfast I had at the hotel was delicious, as was the lunch. The bar located on the 25th floor has a beautiful view of the city. I will definitely be coming back to this hotel next time I need to stay in downtown Miami!

Dear Claudia R,

Thank you for your beautiful review. I am happy to see that you were upgraded to one of our Residence Suites during your visit and that we exceeded your expectations in service, food and accomodations. We absolutely look forward to your return visit.

As always, if I could be of any assistance in your future plans, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Brisbane
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hotel has the nicest rooms, but its location is in the middle of nowhere, for tourists, probably ok for business people that have work to do in the banking area of Miami as its located right in the heard of banking alley,

The staff are pretty stuck up, yet they lack service. Restaurants were a non event, but there is a great Irish Pub that serves good food one block away.

The breakfast buffet is a joke for a hotel that supposedly carries a star rating that they advertise.

All in all i would not recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TravelbradBrisbane
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear TravelbradBrisbane,

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

this hotel has a great look, location and views...it was wonderful to be greeted by the staff but on other approaches to desk they did not always hop to it. lovely turn down service and ice refill. the room is large, clean, modern with wonderful touches that make it lovely, and you will not believe the views....and the rooftop pool where they offered free tastes of drinks!

a few negatives: valet parking was not well explained...we could have been hosed if the attendant did not take the time to give us a shortcut. you could hear the neighbors, the internet was not included and it was expensive, the tv channels were not the best or streamed very well. also watch out for the very slick bathroom floor when wet...would have loved to see recycling in such a modern hotel :)

Room Tip: check with hotels.com etc for a rate...especially if you are there for an event. i got a better rat...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear lkrocks,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased to know that your experience was so lovely.

I also want to thank you for asking about our recycling. The Conrad Miami is in the middle of creating a "Green Program" for the entire hotel and staff. We have been diligently upgrading our air systems, controlling our waste, replacing lightbulbs throughout the entire hotel with energy efficient lightbulbs and asking our staff to turn off all unnecessary lights. We have succeeded in lowering our electric, water and waste output by huge percentage points.

We hope that your future travels lead you back to the Conrad Miami. If I can assist you with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,