“lovely hotel, staff and room!”
Review of Conrad Miami

Conrad Miami
Ranked #17 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed October 20, 2012

this hotel has a great look, location and views...it was wonderful to be greeted by the staff but on other approaches to desk they did not always hop to it. lovely turn down service and ice refill. the room is large, clean, modern with wonderful touches that make it lovely, and you will not believe the views....and the rooftop pool where they offered free tastes of drinks!

a few negatives: valet parking was not well explained...we could have been hosed if the attendant did not take the time to give us a shortcut. you could hear the neighbors, the internet was not included and it was expensive, the tv channels were not the best or streamed very well. also watch out for the very slick bathroom floor when wet...would have loved to see recycling in such a modern hotel :)

Room Tip: check with hotels.com etc for a rate...especially if you are there for an event. i got a better rat...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear lkrocks,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased to know that your experience was so lovely.

I also want to thank you for asking about our recycling. The Conrad Miami is in the middle of creating a "Green Program" for the entire hotel and staff. We have been diligently upgrading our air systems, controlling our waste, replacing lightbulbs throughout the entire hotel with energy efficient lightbulbs and asking our staff to turn off all unnecessary lights. We have succeeded in lowering our electric, water and waste output by huge percentage points.

We hope that your future travels lead you back to the Conrad Miami. If I can assist you with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I booked this hotel because of a conference I was attending in Miami Beach. It was not close to the conference venue, which I thought might be a problem, but I was very glad that I chose this property.
I travel on business at least 60% of the time and it is almost unheard of for me to lament not being able to spend more than one night in a hotel. In fact, I can't recall the last time I felt that way. I was so impressed by the beauty of the hotel, the friendliness of the staff, and the amenities. Granted, I was upgraded to a "one bedrom residence" upon check-in because, in spite of my advance reservation, the hotel was sold out - so the extra space and the location (28th floor, overlooking the Bay and ocean) may not be typical. However, everything about the experience - from the very comfortable bed, to the in-suite espresso machine, full kitchen, living room, desk area, and balcony overlooking the water - was superlative. I would have to rank this hotel as one of the best in the country in terms of overall experience and value, and will not hesitate to stay here again. I only regret I was not able to enjoy their dining facilities, which I suspect were as special as everything else about the place.
Great location for the city of Miami, too!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear jhip,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am extremely satisified to know that your hotel experience was so remarkable. We always try to upgrade our guest's rooms whether they are returning guests, HHonors members or, in your case, when the hotel is sold out.

We certainly look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I can do to assist with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here for a work meeting. My room was on the lowest floor -but that is 16 so a lovely partial view of the bay. The workspace was nice and efficient. The rooms and lobby were very clean. The staff were helpful. My meeting used the staff catering for dinner, breakfast and lunch - the food was pleasantly good. The bed was comfortable with good linens.
The only down side is the annoying elevators. In order to get to the lobby, you must go to the 25th floor. You then walk around the corner (not too far) and have to take a different elevator down to the hotel rooms (or up to the condos). At different times of the day they were quite crowded and slow. It was most annoying to get to and from the conference rooms on the 3rd floor.
We had a quite good group rate - even for hurricane season.

Dear NYC10038_88,

Thank you for your lovely and detailed review. I am happy to know that we succeeded on so many levels during your stay minus the elevator situation. I look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Disregard the travel date I selected. We stayed at this hotel in October 2010. It was 4 of us. I am late giving my review because I really forgot to do it. I thought about it because I am about to go back to Miami. Anyway, this hotel was very nice. The staff was very professional and helpful. For the price, I expected a bigger room. Also, I recall the room not having a refrigerator or plasma TV at the time. Not sure if that has changed. The beds were very comfy. The Bar area was very beautiful. We took a ton of pics up there. Sitting on the balcony having drinks, looking out on Biscayne Bay was awesome.I would stay there again. The concierge was awesome. I hate that I can't remember his name.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends

Dear awaves37,

Thank you for your review. I am absolutely thrilled to know that 2 years after your stay we have received an exceptional review from you. This tells me that we succeeded in providing a memorable service experience for you and your family.

As you mentioned in your review, you are returning back to Miami. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of your return visit. The Conrad Miami has undergone some renovations since your last visit and I think you will be impressed. If I could be of any assistance in your future visit or reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed here for our last day of our honeymoon back in April and we had such a great time! We called as soon as we got back from out cruise and by mistake I did the reservation for the day before, but the girl at the front desk was so kind to re-instate my reservation and honor my rate! We had no problem, what so ever, checking in! The hotel is right across the street from a train that takes you different locations in Miami which is free! It is a great way to move around and go to Bayside Mall! They gave us a complimentary upgrade because of our honeymoon and they always had a smile in their faces. I absolutely loved it and would definately stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank the_PR_traveler77
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear the_PR_traveler77,

Thank you for your great review! I am thrilled to know that you chose the Conrad Miami for the last day of your honeymoon and that we exceeded your expectations during such a special moment in your life.

We will look forward to your return visit on your anniversary! If I could be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Congratulations and Best Regards,

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed at the Conrad for an overnight business trip. Overall it was a pleasant stay, and the room and view was very nice. But, let's be honest, most rooms at this price point are nice, and wonderful views are a dime a dozen in Miami.

What I liked:
1) The room was generally comfortable, and the common areas were quite beautiful.
2) Having the lobby on 25th floor ensured that everyone got to see a nice ocean view at least once during their stay no matter where their room is located.
3) Close to bank buildings, Metro Mover, and solid bars/restaurants. We really enjoyed the Brickell Irish Pub around the corner.

What I didn't like:
1) (The big one) No direct access to rooms from ground floor. I heard someone say (doesn't make it fact) that this building wasn't originally built to be a hotel, so that's why the elevator configuration is so wierd. The net result is that it took me over 15 mins to run into my room and drop my bag on the way to happy hour - most of that time waiting in various elevator lobbies.
2) Really wish there was an alternative to feather down pillows. Those things collapse away to nothing, and most hotels will have another kind in the closet for people who prefer standard ones.

Overall, the hotel was beautiful, but the elevator configuration makes this a tough hotel to navigate. If you're not in a hurry at any time, I'd recommend it. I may consider one of the other brands next time I'm in the area, though.

Hope this helps, and happy travels!

Room Tip: Rooms near the 25th floor mean shorter elevator rides.
1  Thank SegundoLunadeMiel

Dear SegundoLunadeMiel,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay with us. It is through our guest’s valuable feedback that we are able to evaluate and improve upon the high standards of customer service expected of us.

Although your review was generally positive, we clearly, we did not exceed your expectations and convince you of a return visit. And for this, I am truly sorry. While we cannot change the elevator situation, I am dissappointed to learn that you missed the "Pillow Menus" located in all guest rooms. We offer a selection of pillows for all comfort levels and therapeutic needs.

If there is anything I can do to convince you of a return visit, please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

First class hotel, first class location and first class service. Martin, the impeccable general manager, clearly sets the tone at the top and all the staff follow suit with a level of service that is rarely seen these days. We will certainly be back soon!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear Jeremy B,

Thank you for your unbeatable review and the kind words of praise. I was quite happy to know that your Conrad Miami experience was such a success and I certainly look forward to your returning visit.