“Excellent downtown Miami property” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Conrad Miami

Conrad Miami
Ranked #11 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Excellent downtown Miami property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the Conrad Miami for a weekend while we attended the Coldplay concert in town. As it is summertime here in Florida, I had many options for hotels but liked the proximity to AA Arena (1.5 miles). I had e-mailed with the property management prior to our arrival to see if they could upgrade my room and Ignacio took very good care of us, upgrading us to a 1-bedroom residence with a small balcony. First of all, the valet is very good, although they ought to be for $38/nt. The parking garages in the area are almost just as expensive so there's no sense in trying to save a few bucks. The residence was very nice with a full kitchen and even a washer/dryer. We didn't cook as all, but it was nice to have the full-size refrigerator for our snacks, beverages... The balcony was tiny, but very few rooms even have a balcony so I wasn't complaning. My advice is to request a room on a higher floor if you are getting a residence as ours had windows which overlook the lobby/bar area inside the hotel which I though was a little wierd privacy-wise. We were able to draw the shades in the room which alleviated this issue, but could see in from the balcony which was a little uncomfortable. Ignacio was very kind to send some chocolate covered strawberries as a gesture. No Conrad stuffed animal for those who collect and turndown service was good - ice and a Conrad mat bedside on each side. Golds/Diamonds get breakfast, although gratuity is automatically included and is charged to your folio (about $10 if I remember correctly). The breakfast buffet, while pretty, wasn't the best I had. I don't know whether it was because we drank to much at the concert or what, but the food tasted bland. We didn't use the pool because it was packed - they have two tennis courts which take up a ton of space, but have a very small pool area for the scope of the property. We attempted to use the house car, but it was booked solid as there was a corporate event and a wedding going on at the time. The location of this property is awesome, although a bit quiet on the weekends as it is more of a business district. We took the car out and drove the area making it over the beach briefly. ILLY espresso machines in the residences by the way for those coffee drinkers. I was unimpressed with the soaps/shampoo and thought they were kind of bland, despite the attractive packaging. Oh and the view from our residence was amazing - overlooking the bay so we could watch the boats - I would definately recommend getting a bay view room. Overall, we enjoyed this property a lot and would definately consider another stay when in the Brickell/downtown area of Miami.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear aviator4512,

Thank you for your interesting and descriptive review of our hotel. I am delighted to know that you chose our property over South Beach for your Coldplay concert stay. Thank you for your complimentary remarks regarding Ignacio, our Director of Guest Services. He works tirelessly with our guests to confirm they are receiving the best available upgrades and amenities that the Conrad offers. I am pleased that you were upgraded to one of our residence suites and that you enjoyed the wonderful bay view.

We look forward to hosting you upon your next concert engagement. If we could be of any assistance in the future, including reservations for our house car or an upgrade of your bath amenities, please feel free to contact myself or Ignacio.

Martin Wormull

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Great atmosphere. Sleek and modern design.
The sky lounge is has a great view with waiters eager to serve.
Restaurant was very good and the service was great.
Great location with easy walking distance to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Devan J,

Thank you for your precise and complimentary review! I am happy to know that our hotel met with your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back on your future business travels. If I could be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hendersonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

We came to MIA for the long Memorial Day weekend and decided to stay at the luxe Conrad Miami. SoBe (South Beach) can be easily reached from the hotel's location via public transportation which was a benefit too. Across the street is a people mover stop (free) which will connect you to other stops including Government Center.

The hotel is in a fantastic location in downtown MIA. What a great change from SoBe's notable tight/small rooms. There are spectacular views from both dining venues on the 25th floor. Our room was on the 18th and we were fortunate enough to have views on both sides too. The room was actually a spacious and incredible suite!! Remote controls for opening/closing blinds, hi-tech audiophile equipment, waterfall shower, and complimentary internet were some of the great perks. In fairness, we had several perks that allowed for this awesome suite upgrade.

Breakfast was complimentary (is pricey, may not be for everyone daily) for us as well. Our first breakfast was in the Atrio Restaurant while all others were on the outside veranda overlooking Biscayne Bay, Miami Beach, Government Cut, and downtown MIA. The breakfast was delicious with a good bit of variety. We loved the sweet & regular potato hashbrown medley. The baked goods (breads, muffins, and croissants) were all fantastic too. Pancakes could be ordered just like omelets, however Belgian waffles were an additional charge - please include in the future.

We had dinner on-site at Atrio for our first night. Very good food and even better service. There are lots of dining options outside in the area, so we had Brazilian, Caribbean, and Italian on other days. The staff were really great including the staff on the ground floor (welcomers & concierge). The cleaning staff were friendly and nice. As for the spa, could not ask for a better bunch of individuals - thanks again Fatima!!

The hotel is conveniently located to go to other locations including Coconut Grove, other parts of downtown, Miami Arena, Mary Brickell Village, numerous cultural & art venues, and downtown nightlife. This is a fabulous hotel where you can stay secluded, do it up hard & fast in SoBe (taxi ride tho), go exploring in lessor known parts of the city, or even conduct business if desired.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alton_AK
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Alton_AK,

Thank you so much for your outstanding and lengthy review. I really appreciate the time and effort that you took to review our restaurant, staff and location. I couldn't have written it better myself!

I hope, if your travels bring you back to Miami, that you will stay with us again. If I could be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was in Miami for a weekend conference. I arrived at 4 am at the hotel - and I had a great room! It was quite spacious. I've often had crummy rooms when I arrive late at a hotel, so this was pleasant.
Had a great sleep when I settled in - for both nights. I like that they had a separate flat sheet apart from the duvet. Great separate rainfall shower - they had everything in the bathroom - no skimping here! Full bath if I wanted it.
The wi-fi was iffy - had to call a technician twice, and eventually use the ethernet cable, so could not move around with my laptop - not my favourite part!
The reception staff were very good and accommodating - answered all my questions, including concierge stuff (lobby is on the 25th floor, concierge on the ground level, so not keen on going down and up for a simple question)
They have great views from the bar area, and comfy seating. The hotel is close to the frequent and free transportation (metro mover) that takes you through to the centre of town in a loop.
I could not locate an ice machine, but there is an ice bucket in the room, as well as an espresso maker. I think I needed to order the ice but did not have the time!
All in all, a very pleasant upscale experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear tdmac,

Thank you for your kind and generous review. I am very pleased to hear that we surpassed your room expectation for your 4am arrival and that your stay was so remarkable. Miami is an excellent city for conferences and the Conrad Miami is an exceptional host for many corporate events. We hope that you will consider us for the future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

If I could be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Sao Paulo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Excellent location, especially for business.
Rooms are big, well decorated, and very comfortable.
Service was corteous and attentive.
considering the price, very good value for money.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear rpolicicio,

Thank you for your modern and efficient review! You mentioned many details that are precisely what makes the Conrad a great hotel for doing business in Miami. Thank you for noticing! We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back with your future business travels.

If I could be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

Enjoyed a great stay the weekend before the 4th of July. Pool was very nice and the service was excellent! Take advantage of the lobby bar on the 25th floor, with it's balcony over looking the bay! While pricey ($17 grey goose martini), it's well worth it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HotelguyMD
Dear HotelGuyMD,

Thank you for your fabulous review! I always love to recommend a martini from The Bar at Level 25...with the fantastic balcony and view of the Bay. It is one of the highlights of our hotel. If your travels bring you back to our city, I hope that you will return to the Conrad Miami!