“Luxury accomodation with homey feeling”
Review of Conrad Miami

Conrad Miami
Ranked #14 of 123 Hotels in Miami
Sao Paulo, SP
“Luxury accomodation with homey feeling”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Conrad hotel is a a massive high-end multi level glossy green glass building with a dented ogival shape making this external appearance very appealing. But indoors is the real surprise, guests enter through main entrance and are welcomed by a beautiful real orchids displayed in a nice dining table. Lobby is located at 25floor with superb views of Miami bay, toileteries are from Acca Kappa (white moss scent) and the bed is the most comfortable one. As complimentary features I do highlight espresso Illy machine (great brew).

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sunny Tampa
Reviewed October 25, 2011

This has to be the perfect hotel for the business travel! It has everything you need. If you looking for the beach look elsewhere but its only a 15 minute ride to get to South Beach. The service is top notch. They go above and beyond to make it a great stay. The Rooms are very spacious with large bathroom and a great workstation to get your stuff done. My room had an Illy Expresso Machine that I used thoroughly 4-5 cups a day. The gym is great with the cold towels that help you cool off during your sweaty workout. Freeweights up to 50lbs, cardio machines, and excerise machines. They had yoga classes but my schedule did not allow me to participate in. My room was a city view so no ocean but no big deal. Everytime you wakeup here, you get your morning workout, have an expresso and look out the window. Its time to do business. Breakfast buffet was solid and great choices all the way around. Did not have the luxury of enjoying the pool but it had a great view. Its perfect for me to get my work done during the day, and the wife to spend all day all the pool, spa, and gym. Level 25 Bar has a lobster sandwich for $20.00 (Get it and worth it). Fantastic Mojito menu (10-Cane rum mojito... SImply the best) Emma was great!

Valet is uber expensive at 45.00 a day. That was a tuff one to sallow but really have no choice. Fantastic hotel and I will be back. If you’re here for business, no better place than the Conrad!

North Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I couldn't believe how cheap my reservation was at this hotel. I half expected cranes and construction upon my arrival. Instead, I found a fantastic and luxurious European hotel in a prime location. My room has million-dollar views of the bay and Miami Beach, and my Iffy espresso machine is the best I have ever seen in an American hotel. This was a business trip, and the hotel is in the Brickell business area (though a slew of great restaurants are within walking distance), but now I'm thinking of it for a vacation.

1 Thank NorthPotomac
london
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I am a Hilton member abd love going to the Hilton so I chose this hotel for a two day stop off before catching a cruise at Fort Lauderdale.

Should of checked out the location first as it was in the business area, which I knew, but too far from the beach and shops at Ocean Drive. Getting a cab was no problem but its just nice to walk out of your hotel and be on the door step of an amazing beach and loads of bars and restaurants.

The staff in the Hilton were great. Helpful and professional. I upgraded my room which included free internet and breakfast. The breakfast was excellent; the choice was mind blowing. I dont know what size of room I would of been in if I had not upgraded but my room was ok, deffinately not spacious by american standards but I was happy. The bed was as comfortable, which you expect from Hilton. The drinks were pricey but you expect to pay over the odds in a hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Mount Sinai, New York
Reviewed October 14, 2011

This stay completes at least two nights in every hotel style within the Hilton Hotel family. It was as advertised..slick. Chic. Sophisticated. Multi Cultural. It was also expensive! This was the one single best use of my Honors points and being a Diamond member since achieving the status!

The arrival in the garage is very cool. Efficient and elegant. Go in the doors and to the left to the elevator up to the 25th floor and the doors open to a neat check in lobby area. It was an excellent check in for us. No delays. Room was ready upon arrival.

The room was a suite on the 31st floor with a balcony and a kitchen. Full sized refrigerator that had a great ice maker, excellent coffee machine, dishwasher, etc. The room itself was very, very nice. Well decorated. Light airy, European to me. A full living room with a bar to eat and an seperate bedroom. It had a half bath and a full bath with a wonderful shower.

The view on the balcony was decent. Would have been a bit disappointed if I had paid, but not enough to ruin the stay. We looked into a condo across the way, but to the right was the Bay and to the left was the city...we were fortunate enough to have a afternoon thunderstorm that was simply awesome. About 45 minutes of flash - boom. Right on top of us. Unbelieveable colors in the sky.

A few things that I would like to see with the room: 1. there is only one trash can in the whole place and it was located under a table in the bedroom. Nothing in the bathroom, and nothing in the kitchen. It was very annoying to have to carry debris from the bathroom and kitchen to this little trash can in the bedroom. I did ask the wonderful staff for another and they brought me one, but why??? 2. The amenties in the bathrooms are great - for a woman. Trying to not sound sexist here, but the smell is a wonderful femine scent...not too manly! I live with my wife and 3 daughters so I just said what the hell, but I prefer the Peter Noth like in other Hiltons or even Marriotts Body Works..it seems to fit both men and women...3. No telephone in the front room...Ok...truth be told...only the trash can thing bothered me!!!

Since we were going to be drinking at South Beach, we cabbed it from the hotel. Bellmen secured the cab...told them where to take us (Wet Willies on Ocean). The traffic Saturday was bad so the cost was about 30 - tip inclusive. Coming back it was 20 - tip inclusive. No problem for us getting a cab during the daytime from the beach. As an aside...South beach is expensive...18 bucks for a double gin and tonic...10 bucks for other drinks...do some asking around if this is prohibitive for you to get better deals...food was good though and at least we could taste the alchohol!

OH and TIPS WERE INCLUDED EVERYWHERE WE WENT! Not sure if its city wide..just check the bill.

I hate to bring expense up - but this was expensive - and I lived in Tokyo for 3 years! As a Diamond member we got the breakfast free - it was 60 bucks daily. Internet was free (not really sure of the charge, but had to have been at least 10 bucks)...Valet was a deal breaker for me..45 a night...highest i have ever paid...drinks were also pricy, but we expected that.

For breakfast we were not aware that you can order omlets to made as part of breakfast until we were leaving after we finished our last day...you have to apparently ask. They ran out of eggs and sausage, but the wait staff worked very hard to make up for all this...and when they did get us sausage it was the best breakfast sausage I had...

Could not eat in the restaurant because it was closed for a wedding. Not a fan of not advising a guest of this at check in. There was no other place to eat...Restaurant and Bar both closed...we walked to the Gordon Birsch and 75 bucks later walked out after having a couple burgers and a bottle of wine...you also can walk to two steak houses - one a Mortons.

All over the internet there was talk of the Happy Hour at the bar on friday...great vibe, people, music, etc...get there to check it out after getting into the room...nothing. no more HH on Friday's.

There were a LOT of foreign people (not all Hispanic) that made us feel like we were again ex pats in Tokyo. That was cool...

Overall, the place was very cool. the staff was excellent. The room was good...location was fine. The food at the breakfast was very good...not worth the cost if we paid..Miami traffic is a pain. If you drive get there before or after rush hour.
Not sure we return if we had to pay for it all though..It would have been almost 1300 just to pay for room, internet, food and drinks...NY Times on Sunday was very cool.
I can see it being right between the Waldorf's we stayed at and the better higher end Hilton's. To be sure, there are worse places!!!

Room Tip: If you get a suite ask for a balcony that has the bst views of either the city at night or the bay.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Stayed for the weekend. Excellent location for multiple things to do in Miami. Hotel and staff are exceptional. Lobby on the 25th floor is a visual treat. We also enjoyed the hotel's restaurant near the 25th floor lobby for dinner on Friday night. I loved love the ravioli's that the server suggested.

Our corner room was fantastically comfortable. It was actually a suite and we almost got lost in there. I was impressed with the Illy coffee machine in the room. Bathroom was fantastic with tub and shower. The water pressure was almost too strong. While here we were thinking of reasons to come back again. We likely will.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
West Coast of Florida
Reviewed October 8, 2011

My wife and I have just returned from spending six nights at the Conrad Miami to celebrate her birthday. The hotel is extraordinary, particularly in the service area. We have stayed at Conrad hotels in Asia and Europe (see my reviews for Singapore, Hong Kong and Brussels) but never before in the USA where there are very few Conrad hotels and we wanted to see how this one compared. The major negative difference is that the Conrad Miami does not have a Concierge/VIP Lounge which is one of the outstanding features of the Asian (not Brussels) Conrad Hotels. However, as a Hilton HHonors Diamond member we were furnished an outstanding breakfast each morning with a choice of buffet, menu or even room service (which we did not use). I wrote the hotel before our arrival about my wife's birthday
and thanks to Laura Padrino, VIP Relations Manager, and Sylvia Carrilo, Executive Assistant to the General Manager, we were greeted like visiting royalty. Noteworthy was the helpful welcome from the Front Desk, particularly Jenny who continued to provide outstanding service to us throughout our stay! The service throughout the hotel was impeccable - friendly and caring, yet very professional.
The hotel is starkly modern, with an Asian feel to the decor. The rooms are quite large and most, if not all, appear to have gorgeous views of Biscayne Bay and the downtown Miami skyline seen through countless walls of glass (no balconies except a small one ajacent to the Atrio Restaurant on the 25th floor) All the usual amenities (fine linens, bath toiletries, turn-down service, etc) found in upscale hotels are present and at room rates which seem more reasonable than at other similar-type hotels nearby (Four Seasons, Mandarin, JW Marriott and several Ritz-Carltons). We ate one dinner at the hotel in the Atrio Restaurant which was excellent menu-wise and outstanding service-wise (Alicia was our server).

Once we got accustomed to the rather odd layout (one set of elevators to lobby on 25th floor, another set of elevators to the guest rooms, and a third set to the swimming pool, tennis courts and spa on the roof-top of an adjacent building) we fell into the routine of navigating the hotel with no problems. The layout is explained to take maximum advantage of the outstanding views.

In summary, the Conrad Miami is a wonderful hotel for a holiday get-away or a business visit to Miami. It is very conveniently located, valet parking is expensive but very prompt, and the Concierge service takes very good care of any transportation or local reservation needs. We thoroughly enjoyed our celebration stay and are already thinking of repeating this visit next year!

Room Tip: Corner suites offer best views. See tripkick.com for location info.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple