“Hotel in an office” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 121 Hotels in Miami
London
“Hotel in an office”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2010

I booked this on my blackberry so had no chance to see the photos of surrounding area & thought it was on the beach :) Imagine my surprise when I found out it was in an office block in the financial district ... stupid me! Still it was charming enough in a typical Four Seasons way. The rooms r small but adequate & have all you need. Nice window seat but I was very high up in a cloudy rainy miami so not much of a view for me BUT I think wld be worth it on a sunny day. Hotel has extremely spacious public areas but rooms r small for the price. The dining room was nice & food top notch but the wait was so bad that I and many others ended up getting up & walking towards the door before waitress chased us down to sign the bill. Annoyingly you enter hotel in one lift, then have to walk around to find another one going up to the rooms. I like this hotel but it's just a corporate business place & not a place to stay for holiday. Perfect location for business not pleasure...Staff were perfectly charming but somehow you get the sense they are doing you a favour to let u stay here. Concierge the exception: she couldn't hv been nicer. Used their hairdresser & even though told them I had a flight to london the receptionist decided that it was ok to leave me 20mins & finally I asked if I could wash my own hair to save time .. which didn't go down well with this little madam! Still, that's not the hotels fault & I'd recommend this for a short visit particularly excellent for business travel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

We went here in August for a 3 day vacation with our 5 year old daughter. We've stayed in maybe 7-8 Four Seasons and/or Ritz Carltons and this was on par with what we expected. Restaurants were great but expensive (there is a deli in the building next door that serves full breakfasts as well as a French bakery about a 5 minute walk that also serves full breakfasts). The hotel occupanies maybe 20 floors of a building so you end up taking 2 different elevators to get to your room. It is in kind of a business district and did have a business like feel to it. It did surprise us that this is no where near a beach though we had a nice view of the bay. So we ended up driving to Bill Baggs State Park about 15 minutes away. We went to the beach near the lighthouse and swam in the ocean for hours (very warm and very clear). There is a service on the beach where for $20 you get a beach umbrella and two recliners. This beach is more protected and so avoided the "high bacterial counts/unsafe to swim" warnings that occurred at beaches only 1 mile away. In the past we stayed at the Ritz Key Biscayne, which has its own private access to a beach, but there was so much seawood that you couldn't swim or enjoy the sand there. The pool at Four Seasos was nice as well with 3 foot depths at both ends of the pool with various floatation devices (noodles, floating beds, etc). There is also a 1 foot pool that would be great for infants/young toddlers.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed here before embarking on a transatlantic cruise. We arrived too late to try the dining room for dinner. Our room was very well designed, and extremely comfortable.... especially the bed. The bathroom was well planned, with both bathtub, and separate shower. We had breakfast in the dining room, and it was quite good. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Taipei
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2010

We booked this hotel for 3 nights via internet. When we checked in, the staff wasn't friendly at all when we ask for detail information about the room setting and view etc. They pretty much showed the attitude that this is what a ordinary tourist gets. Later on,I asked if they offer company rate for the company I work for since I was too rush to check before booking online. Believe it or not, after the staff recognized where I work for ( apparently its a name good enough to earn fourseason's respect), he turned into a extremely respectful and warm person. What a shame. Oh well, just don't forget to visit here with your remarkable business card!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gorgeousTaipei
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

Good Four Seasons and located conveniently for travel to all the main areas such as Bayside, South Beach and shopping.

The hotel is decent, nothing spectacular, the rooms pretty plain. However the staff are fabulous and made up for the lack of wow'sfrom the hotel. Felt a little businessy, but defeinitely an comfortable stay.

Great beds, great value!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

Just returned for 4 nights at the Four Seasons Miami property.

First of all, let me emphasize this facility is extremely relaxing, the scale of the place is palatial, the service splendid, and after being in Miami Beach all day, is an absolute delight. It may be drenchingly hot and humid outside, but inside is pure bliss.

I was attending a convention in Miami Beach, and despite the festive ambience of South Beach during the day, I really looked forward to return to the quietness of the hotel at night. My husband came along as well. It's our first time in Miami, and I am happy to report that we really enjoyed the city due in no small part to our stay at this hotel. Our "commute" daily to South Beach forces us to exit from one neighbourhood and enter others. The view of Miami while crossing all the various bridges is spectacular, and I looked forward to ithe drive back and forth everyday.

The hotel is located in the tallest building in Miami. Rooms are not gimmicky/flashy and are very pleasant/comfortable. The Deco style furniture in the rooms and the overall color palette is a gentle nod to its location in Miami. Every detail has been thought about and well executed. View to Key Biscayne from the room is delightful. Room service is very good.

The fitness center of the hotel is the Sports Club/LA in the same tower. It is huge, luxurious, and wonderful. The outdoor pool is magnificent. The Miami skies reflect beautifully in the water, and the poolside service is great.

Now to be picky (absolutely does not change my positive opinion of the place):

1) The 21st floor is an "optional" smoking floor. We are non-smokers, and were not told about the floor being designated as such. When we were brought into our room on the 21st floor, there is a heavy smell of smoke veiled by heavy room fragrance. Dresser drawers were lined with paper to absorb the smell, and when I found ashtrays in the desk drawer, we realized we were in a smoking room and we called the front desk. We were changed to a non-smoking floor (none were available that day) the next day without any drama.

2) There is a small table next to the sofa in our room; the glass on top of it kept sliding. A few of those plastic stubby things between the glass and table surface would stop the sliding.

3) The second room we moved to (the non-smoking one) is smaller than the first, even though it is on the same side of the building. The famous window ledge seats that are in most rooms are not at these windows.

4) The Q-tips supplied by the hotel is incredibly poor quality. The cotton is not absorbent at all. It's like placing a small blunt stick into your ear.

5) The restaurant/bar/lounge has all been "downsized". The bar, Bahia, no longer opens at night.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

Went there for one night for a little getaway and truly was able to relax even though it was only for 24 hours. Enjoyed the beautiful pool and had a delicious pomegranate mojito. The service at the pool was great and the lounge chairs are very comfortable.

The room we were in had a big screen LG flatscreen which was nice to have and the bathroom had a separate tub and shower with the massaging shower head. The turn down service was great and we felt very pampered.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for a nice getaway.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple