“Splendid ! Don't stay anywhere else”

Four Seasons Hotel Miami
Ranked #3 of 121 Hotels in Miami
New York, NY
“Splendid ! Don't stay anywhere else”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2007

This hotel is amazing. Although not on the beach, it is in a pretty nice area of Brickell, right by the bay. The hotel looks brand new, has an amazing lobby with beautiful art, just exudes luxury. The pool, ah, the pool. Probably the best pool in Miami, huge, very classy and oasis like. and the best hotel gym in Miami, period.
The rooms are great, not huge, but very very comfortable and classy, well decorated, and with incredible bathrooms.
Have had a great stay, and will come back. If you want luxury and pampering without the craziness of SoBe (but being able to enjoy SoBe with a short drive), stay here.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank H0telGuru

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2007

At the For Seasons Miami you a rather renting a condo as a hotel room. The whole building is designed for condos, which they even sell
to you. For unknown reasons to me, things worked out that they made a hotel out of it.

So this is the upside on this hotel, the 'rooms' are HUGE (at least mine was). Unbeatable price-squarefeet ratio.

The downside was, that service was rather condo-style than hotel-style: The 'Minibar' (in fact a fullsize refrigrator in a fully staffed kitchen) wasn't refilled once in our 3 nights-stay, and even not charged at checkout. They simply forgot about it.

A matter of taste was the design of the lobby and the rooms, some might like the minimalistic grey style around, I found it too cold.

• Liked — spacious rooms
  • Disliked — service, design
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank ACPACPACP
usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2007

I was here on business in June and I loved it. For me and my travelling party, it was the perfect marriage of a hotel that could accommodate our business needs, yet provide nice respites and relaxation when we needed it.

First off, I LOVED the decor. The lobby is just so elegant. The floral arrangements, the art all so my liking.

I also really liked the rooms, not so much for the decor, as I actually found them rather plain, but for the design and layout. I loved the space of the bedroom area with teh closets, but I FELL IN LOVE with the bathrooms. It is my idea bathroom for me. I loved the bath/shower layout side by side. The vanity and sink were perfect. Ideal size for all of my "stuff" I take with me. I loved the fact they had a ledge running below the mirror so that I could put my makeup, night cream, etc. on it, so that the sink area wasn't so cluttered (pet peeve of mine).

The pool area is DIVINE. Perhaps my favorite pool area in the world. The main pool is HUGE, large enough to handle a lot of people. But there is also a nice wading area, a nice hot tub both of which are great. The landscaping is beautiful, really lush and tropical. I also loved the private cabanas, so nice.

The room service food I thought was incredibly average. Enormously so. I paid $25 dollars for a salad with lettuce greens and 2 tomato slices. I was frustrated after I ate. We were working so much and didnt get time to break for lunches and that was tough.

They made up for it with the cocktails, though. They make a Bubbly Mojito made with champagne instead of rum and it is my absolute favorite cocktail in the world.

Great thing is the gym. Hotel guests have privileges at the Sports Club LA right next door which is just outstanding.

Overall, great stay, loved the hotel, the amenities and mojitos.

• Liked — Staff, bathroom in room and pool area
  • Disliked — Room service
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank lagniappe34
Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2007

excellent communal areas, beautiful pool (the staff is very attentive), nice staff at the concierge.
Bad aspects: not on the beach, not in South beach (where the real social life is).
room (we had a junior suite) confortable but a little impersonal.
Big complains about the housekeeping: after breakfast we returned in to the room and the staff was there for cleanings; we asked 2 times if they could come back after 10 minutes.... they didn't do it.
If you want a cappuccino or espresso at the breakfast these are extras.... only included tea or american coffee.
Don't go there if you go for nightlife or life at the sea. Can be nice if you plan to visit more the city

• Liked — the pool
  • Disliked — the housekeeping
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beatoangelico
Bryn Mawr, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2007

My two young daughters (9 and 11) and I stayed at the Four Seasons Miami this past Presidents' Day weekend, and had a positive experience overall. Unlike some other reviewers, we found all the staff to be friendly and pleasant. Our one-bedroom suite was spacious and comfortable, the FREE rollaway bed (the Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne charges $50.00 per night for a rollaway!) and pullout couch were always promptly made up or put away when we called Housekeeping, and all the food was great, whether room service, poolside lunches, or Acqua Restaurant. The two-acre pool deck off the lobby is amazing and gorgeous, though windy -- you're seven stories up, so maybe that's why. We spent nearly the entire weekend on-site, since the pool deck is so pleasant. Be aware that this hotel is on a street with no shopping and only two restaurants close by -- everything else seems to be office buildings, so to have something to do, you have to take a cab somewhere.

Two complaints: First - the hotel write-up brags about having three pools. In fact, only two are available to hotel guests: the other large pool is exclusively for the use of condo owners in the building. Why not advertise as many pools as you can see from the property, since that's as much use as you'll get out of the ones beyond the two actually open to guests?

Second, the spa/salon menu on the website advertises a private room for mother-daughter (or other twosome) services such as pedicures. Wanting to give my daughters a treat, I scheduled simultaneous pedicures for the three of us, and had to call the salon at least four or five times while they worked to find a time that all three of us could be in the private room. When we arrived (early in the morning because that's the only time they said we could be accomodated), one of the three pedicure chairs was already occupied by an older gentleman, whose pedicure lasted the entire time my daughters were getting theirs. I skipped getting my pedicure to avoid having my daughters sit around and wait for me, and told the receptionist I was dissatisfied with not getting the advertised and booked mother-daughters pedicure. She passed the message along to the manager, who was not present, but it was clear they didn't really care, and I was never contacted by anyone (nor was anything done to mollify me). The pedicures cost $65.00 apiece and were not nearly as thorough as the ones we get at home for about one-third the price -- definitely not worth the money, but the whole idea was to have a special experience with my daughters, which I didn't.

Other than these two things, the hotel is very nice and worth a stay.

• Liked — Beautiful public areas, art collection, pool deck
  • Disliked — Location in business district, inconvenient to most activities
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank BrynMawrBK
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2007

We visited the hotel for just a time-out weekend in January with our 2 girls ages 9 and 11. At first we were worried that we should have stayed closer to the beach, but after one afternoon on the strip at South Beach, the Four Seasons was welcome oasis. South Beach was a bit too much of a freak show for the children (even though we are New Yorkers).

The pool deck overlooking the bay and nearby condos is perfect for a day or 2 of relaxing and the staff and drinks are welcoming (the Brazillian drinks especially tasty). The children were able to amuse themselves the entire time, swimming and exploring the 2 acre deck.

We adults enjoyed excellent massages in the spa and the children had pedicures and haircuts. All very swanky. The haircuts were less expensive than my local salon in NYC.

My only gripes are that the Acqua restaurant is a bit sterile, and we would have like to hang out at the poolside Bahia bar in the evening after the kids were in bed. Unfortunately, a corporate event had closed the bar to guests. (A bit annoying given what we were paying for those 2 nights!) If that is standard procedure on weekends--ask before booking if there are any closures of that sort.

Note also that the rooms are deluxe, the views lovely, but in most rooms, no balcony or fresh air. It is a glass and steel tower after all. There is a touch of that corporate downtown expense account feel. In other words--this is not luxury adventure travel a la the Caves in Jamaica, but it is convenient and just fine for a short get-away.

Big Props to Steve Goth in the security department who mailed me back my daughter's winter coat left in the room. And finally, note that no matter how organized and efficient the Four Seasons is, the Miami airport is an absolute zoo on a Sunday afternoon, so don't be lulled into cutting the hotel to airport time too short in order to have one last swim in the gorgeous pool.

• Liked — Efficient, friendly staff, high standards throughout
  • Disliked — somewhat sterile feel of lobby
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
7 Thank Barbara C
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2007

We found the service impeccable in every regard. The gym was one of the best associated with a Hotel that we have used; it had windows all around it, and very good equipment. (I suggest getting a schedule of group classes at check in, if interested, as there are many). The bathroom and toiletries were excellent. The room was tasteful, but not special. The pool is lovely. A few minuses: there was no cofee maker in the room. There is nothing much in the neighborhood (not much shopping, restaurants). Note: this hotel is not near the beach.

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — No coffee maker! and No Starbucks!
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business