“What a 4.5 star hotel should be...”

Four Seasons Hotel Miami
Ranked #4 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a conference. Such a great venue for said conference. It is far from the beach, but makes up for excellent pool, abundant restaurants within walking distance and location in downtown Miami next to their excellent (and mostly free) public transportation system. The housekeeping was stellar, probably some of the best housekeeping I have encountered in a hotel. Fantastic gym, the best I have ever seen for such a hotel. I do have to comment on the absence of in room coffee. There is free coffee in the lobby from 5AM, but when you want to have coffee in your jammies, that isn't too practical. The other gripe is the price. Yikes! My room was listed at 650$ per night... just an ordinary room on the 23rd floor. I had a special price for the conference, but the room wasn't worth the full price. Contrary to some other reviewers, I had excellent service at the concierge, which I used often during my stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

The Four Seasons I have visited made a real impact with their art work and with 3 large Botero statues, this is no exception.
They brightened up a very modern featureless building.
My room was what one would expect at this level but with no real effort to go the extra mile. No water on arrival is just mean. The maid service was however very good.
The pool area is very nice and the health club excellent.
The Edge restaurant was freezer cold at night. The food was 8/10; a med rare burger being one of the very best I have tasted. Cocktails were good and the bar area retains some atmosphere at night.
On the downside no two cappuccinos were the same and all were disappointing.
I know it's a killer but have to say the W looked a better bet; lovely bar and poolside area.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 26, 2013

.The four seasons hotel in down town Miami is as good as it gets, perfect location, wonderful staff, and comfortable rooms.  It is not as luxurious as other four seasons facitilities in other location that I visited (Bangkok or singapore) but it is as good as it gets for a 4.5 stars US hotel.  I will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Higher floor (above 29th floor) toward east.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The service was outstanding as were the facilities, particularly the gym, spa,and pool area. Very pricey! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and felt pampered the entire stay. The prices in the restaurant were extremely high but within walking distance there were many restaurants. The service in the pool area was especially nice and the personnel very attentive.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
TRODMIA, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Miami, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We appreciate the delightful feedback on our service and guest facilities. I am glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your needs and provide you with a warm, yet refined stay. It is wonderful to see that your time spent at the pool was pleasurable.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Myself and my husband stayed from the 29-1st of January 2013. The room was everything I've come to expect from the Four Seasons. Spacious, well layed out with everything you could possibly need. Housekeeping was excellent. The downtown location could be a problem for some as it's 30 dollars each way in a taxi to south beach. This quickly ads up if, like us you go shopping during the day, back to the hotel to change and then to a restaurant again later in the evening. 120 dollars a day! For us, it was worth it as the Four Seasons was away from the crowds and it was nice to come back after a busy day and relax. There's also plenty of nice restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. We also discovered Brickell Village with a few nice little shops. Again- walking distance.

Everyone, from check in to valet was friendly and helpful. The let down was the concierge. We were staying over new years eve and we had Edge (restaurant on site) booked for our meal. However there was an issue where they couldn't find our booking. We asked the concierge (forgot his name) for recommendations and help in finding something. He gave us a few lacklustre suggestions. None of which I would have recommended to guests as being remotely nice, let alone suitable for New Years Eve. I guess you can argue I'm fussy and everyone has different tastes. We did our own research (we wanted to go to Pied a Terre) and asked if he would call to enquire about availability. He said he would but a day later and we heard nothing! My husband had to make very expensive calls from his UK mobile. On the 31st, we went back to the concierge (same guy) and asked if he could call a different restaurant for us as Pied a Terre was fully booked. He agreed and an hour or so later he called us in the room to say he coukdn't speak to the restaurant manager who oversee bookings and he will call us back in 30min. As this was NYE, we waited in the room for 45min for him to call back- he never did. No voicemail- nothing. We managed to get a table in Edge in the end but no thanks to the Concierge. (Edge by the way, is lovely! As is the hostess and the assistant manager who went out of their way for us) I feel VERY let down as my previous experience with the Four Seasons group and the concierge has always been excellent. One other thing- the Hotel has not got a bar where you can have pre-dinner drinks. It's either outside by the pool(not good in the wind) or in Edge which is the Restaurant. I would recommend the hotel but avoid the concierge as it's pointless.

Room Tip: Higher rooms facing the sea/pool might be nicer. Ours faced high rise buildings.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank champagnetravels

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is wonderful to hear that your guestroom was everything you expected it to be and that the service received by housekeeping was excellent. I am glad you were able to experience the nearby restaurants and shops. I sincerely apologize for our concierge team not meeting your expectations when assisting with your New Year’s Eve dinner reservations. It is not of the norm; rest assured we will use this feedback in a constructive manner to address our shortfall. I am pleased to hear that Edge Steak & Bar provided you with a lovely dining experience after all and that my colleagues went out of their way to make it memorable. If you have the opportunity to further discuss your concerns, please feel free to contact me directly.

We would love to welcome you back to Edge Steak & Bar the next time you are in town!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

My 5 year old daughter and I attended a conference with my husband in Miami and had the pleasure of staying here for 2 nights. We had stayed at the Ritz in the past and loved the beach access but I think I like the Four Seasons better even without it. The property is gorgeous and impeccably maintained. I went looking for things that were dirty, peeling paint, etc. and found nothing! Our room was the same way - it was as if everything was just installed yesterday. Hats off to the maintenance and housekeeping crew!! The highlight of our stay was the fine treatment our daughter received. When we got to our room they had put her name across the bathroom mirror and had left wipes and special kids' toiletries. In the afternoon they brought her fresh baked cookies and a jar of gummy bears. The way that the pool staff, housekeeping, room service, servers at Edge, and valet staff all interacted with her was incredible. There were not many children around but the welcome was so warm that in her eyes we might as well have been at Disney. This is a very fine establishment that employs some quality people. I would recommend it to others along with my gratitude for the warm hearts with which they treated my child.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review. We take pride in maintaining and continuously improving this beautiful property and truly appreciate you sharing your wonderful experience. It is great to know that the special touches for your daughter were enjoyed. We are so happy to hear that the treatment she received from our staff was what could be compared to visiting Disney; we will definitely pass along all your delightful comments.

On behalf of the staff, we look forward to welcoming your family back in the near future!

General Manger

Reviewed January 9, 2013

From the management down to the housekeeper, this hotel is one of the nicest and most well run hotels I have ever stayed in. Everyone works very hard to make your stay perfect. The health club is superior to any hotel gym I've visited, the food is great, the pool extremely nice, and the personal treatment they give every guest makes me want to keep coming back. Rooms are standard Four Seasons caliber as well. It seems the NBA teams also realize how great this place is, and on my first day here this stay, Lebron and D Wade and their entourage were in the gym. Last time it was the Celtics.

Make sure to get a frozen 3 layer hot choclate at the pool. It's to die for.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
TRODMIA, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Miami, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for speaking so highly of Four Seasons Hotel Miami. It is wonderful to hear that your experience with the staff, your stay, and of course the food was exceptional. We are glad you took the time to visit the gym and pool facilities as you very much enjoyed them.

We look forward to welcoming you again with a frozen 3 layer hot chocolate at the pool!