“Loved the Four Seasons”

Reviewed October 1, 2007

Consistently great.

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank Mikenj13
Write a ReviewReviews (1,854)

Reviewed September 18, 2007

The Hotel room was great....unfortunately we traveled during the wrong time of the year, arrived on the first day of hurricane season.

The restaurant was good, i'm sure during high season it's wonderful. Hotel did try hard, restaurant the air conditioned is turned up so high they provide the ladies with pashminas.

Lots of Latino celebrities staying and dining there, I even met my music hero!

Service is good...very Four Seasons,,,,great service and location...

• Stayed: June 2005
2  Thank TravelDIVA3
Reviewed August 23, 2007

We had a beautiful time at the Four Seasons Hotel in Miami. Our party consisted of two adults and two children, aged 16 and 3. The pool was a great feature, with the large shallow pool being a big hit w/ our toddler. The 16 year old appreciated the pool side cabanas and all of us loved the great service. Concierge service was excellent, they sent us to some great restaurants. The room and bathroom were wonderful, we had a corner room with water and city view. My only complaint would have to be with the quality of food at the pool side grill... not what it should be for the money and location. Overall I would recommend the hotel to a friend and would stay again in a heartbeat... hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank srayburn
Reviewed August 7, 2007

From start to finish, a terrific stay at the Four Seasons. While technically not in the "thick of the scene," this hotel has nothing to apologize for. South Beach is a mere 10 minutes by car, and frankly, at the end of a long day, it was nice to retire to a hotel that wasn't full of raging 22-year-olds. We considered the Setai as an alternative, but found the Four Seasons had larger rooms and a little less attitude.

The restaurant, Acqua, was lovely. Had dinner and breakfast there, and both were flawless. To give you a sense of just how good they are--my traveling companion wore a black dress to breakfast one morning and they made sure to give her a black napkin--god forbid a white napkin leave lint on her! It's just those little touches that make the Four Seasons stand out.

We were upgraded to a room on a high floor with a view of the bay. Stunning. Our room even had a little window seat area, where I read my morning paper each day and ate some of the fresh fruit they had left for us.

The bathrooms are enormous and have all the amenities you expect--the plush and plentiful towels, the soft and cuddly bathrobes, the L'Occitane products, and always a full stock of cotton balls and Qtips.

There were more than enough hangers of every variety in the closet, and plenty of drawer space for your clothing.

The valet service was flawless (prompt, friendly and always willing to give accurate directions) and they always offered us a much-needed bottle of ice-cold water as we departed and returned to the hotel.

The concierge was terrific. We wanted to purchase gifts for friends who live in Miami and they sent us to all the right boutiques--exactly what we were looking for.

Finally, and I know this will sound weird, but the hotel had a great smell. Yes, I said smell. I don't know if they're pumping extra oxygen in the hotel, or if they have some sort of fragrance system in place, but it always smelled fresh and clean and airy. It was so lovely to come "home" to that each day.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
7  Thank Annielovestotravel
Reviewed June 8, 2007

I've always had great experiences in the Four Seasons chain. This was no exception. I only booked one night here as I was flying from Madrid back to Buenos Aires via Miami. I routed the trip through Miami so I could do some shopping before I came back to South America (I live in Buenos Aires).

I was very tired after the trip from Madrid and the time zone difference and 9 hour flight. I rented a car and hit the hotel.

The hotel is very nice and I'd recommend booking a room with a view. The hotel is no on the beach but they have some good views. The bathroom amenities are especially nice. The service as usual at the Four Seasons chain is very good.

The gym and spa which I used were very very nice and although it's pricey (about u$s 400 per night) for a nice suite it's worth it.

I'd gladly stay here again. A very nice property with helpful and courteous employees.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo
5  Thank saintba
Reviewed June 4, 2007

I was at this hotel just this past weekend as a wedding guest. I live in Miami but since there were tons of events surrounding the wedding and our out-of-town friends were in the hotel, my husband and I decided to indulge.

Some previous reviewers of this hotel mentioned its location. Yes, it is not on the beach but the reality is, who cares? When visiting Miami, you ought to have a car as there is no public transportation and taxis are expensive and horrible. So, rent a car and if you must, drive to the beach. I much rather sit by their pool area and enjoy Four Seasons service -- Evian spritzes, frozen fruit, the whole thing. This is a city hotel but between the gym, spa and huge pool area, you are bound to feel as if you are in a resort. But most importantly, service, that missing link in Miami, abounds at this hotel. Poolside service was on the mark and servers at the outdoor bar were great, despite the busy friday night crowd. Concierge was helpful and the housekeeping ladies all smiles. dined at the restaurant and the food was lovely. The service was timid but friendly.

Shopping at Village of Merrick Park is 15 minutes away and in the evening, drive to Miami Beach to people watch and to do whatever people do out there. South Beach is fun in small doses. When you check in for the night, you will be happy to have chosen to stay away from that mayhem.

Stayed: June 2007
8  Thank ServiceFiend
Reviewed May 23, 2007

When I contacted the property to book a room I was treated very well. Not the same when we arrived at the hotel. The room was not ready well after check in time and the guy at the front desk had some attitude that I didn't like at all, probably because I look younger than I really am and he thought he was dealing with a kid on spring break. Kid or not, they should treat everybody with courtesy and respect, what everybody else in the hotel did, especially the maids of the floors that are great, always smiling and do a great job. Leave them a few $ each day of your stay, they deserve it, because cleaning rooms is not the nicest job to do.
The pool area is very disappointing, contrary to what most of the reviews says. One of the pools was out of service and it looked very sad to look at. The gym is complimentary and nice, but not as good as the Four Seasons' gym of San Francisco.
The rooms are nice, but in the pics of the hotel, they look much better. The bathroom is very nice and spacious.
If you pay more than $200/night, I don't know if you will be satisfied or not.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple