“Cuban lunch was to die for”

El Nuevo Siglo Supermarket
Cuisines: Latin
Description: HoursMon-Sun 7 am - 7 pmOpen Now
Description: HoursMon-Sun 7 am - 7 pmOpen Now
Reviewed January 30, 2016

My husband and I came here from a Hop-on Hop-off bus tour, which dropped us off down the street at a much more expensive restaurant. We found this place by looking at Yelp reviews and we're so glad we did. This is a grocery store with a diner inside. All of the menus were in Spanish, but I pretty much knew what I wanted. When the waitress came over to take our order, she did not speak English, so I pointed at a fellow diner's plate to indicate that was what I wanted. My husband and I split a plate of ground beef with rice and beans and plantains. Everything was delicious! I was in heaven and never wanted to leave. There is also a bakery in the back of the store where I found empanadas. Our whole meal, with soda, coffee, and an empanada was less than $10! My stomach was so happy :-)

Date of visit: January 2016
Review collected in partnership with ASUS 12 W8 IE Bookmark
2  Thank abtisam1
Write a reviewReviews (46)

Reviewed January 10, 2016 via mobile

We were there 2 times during our one week visit to Miami, and were much satisfied both times. Friendly staff, very tasty food and homemade flavours. Prices are lower, than anywhere in Miami. If you are in Little Havanna, and you want to eat authentic, just go here!!!

Date of visit: January 2016
3  Thank Budapest-Berlin2014
Reviewed November 29, 2015 via mobile

Having been to Cuba, i can say little havana in Miami is nothing like the real thing... This place is great .. Tho' Cheap and friendly

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed November 29, 2015

This is certainly not a five star place from many aspects, but the food is so good and cheep that I couldn't give less! Enjoyed also the local atmosphere!

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed June 30, 2015 via mobile

I asked for references on a good place to eat in Little Havana and was given this "Cafetería" as the best choice. I wasn't so sure about eating at a Grocery Store but went there anyway. OMG, I'm glad I went!!! I was very impressed with the food, it was so good. I ordered "ternilla" (beef ribs without the bones) and it came with rice, black beans, maduros (yucca root was already all gone) and french baguette. The food on the plate was enough for 2 ppl and the price was more than good. If in town, don't doubt about giving this place a try, you won't be dissapointed. Food is cooked there daily.

Date of visit: June 2015
3  Thank chiquiDYKE

Been to El Nuevo Siglo Supermarket? Share your experiences!