“Nice cafetería, good price for the food”

El Nuevo Siglo Supermarket
Cuisines: Latin
Description: HoursMon-Sun 7 am - 7 pmOpen Now
Description: HoursMon-Sun 7 am - 7 pmOpen Now
Reviewed June 30, 2015 via mobile

I asked for references on a good place to eat in Little Havana and was given this "Cafetería" as the best choice. I wasn't so sure about eating at a Grocery Store but went there anyway. OMG, I'm glad I went!!! I was very impressed with the food, it was so good. I ordered "ternilla" (beef ribs without the bones) and it came with rice, black beans, maduros (yucca root was already all gone) and french baguette. The food on the plate was enough for 2 ppl and the price was more than good. If in town, don't doubt about giving this place a try, you won't be dissapointed. Food is cooked there daily.

Date of visit: June 2015
3  Thank chiquiDYKE
Write a reviewReviews (46)

Reviewed March 13, 2015 via mobile

This place is amazing. Everyone brags about the cuban cuisine but every time I go there I order the Argentinean grill. Grilled to perfection. They have variety of sides and dishes.

Date of visit: March 2015
1  Thank jmw92387
Reviewed March 4, 2015

I was disappointed because the poor service the waitres gave me. I asked if the tostones were an option for a side order and was told ok and later to find out that I was charged an additional $3.50.

Date of visit: March 2015
2  Thank Javier O
Reviewed February 22, 2015

Four of us enjoyed a meal there. This is not even a restaurant, rather a few tables and a cafeteria in a supermarket. The atmosphear is exactly the way I like it - simple, no pretence place where locals come to eat.

We had Cuban sandwiches, pulled beef, grilled chicken breast, rice and beans, plantains, non-alcoholic beverages, a couple of desserts. All together, with taxes and tip it cost us around $45, which, considering the quality of food, the size of the portions and a couple of doggy bags to go, was well worth it.

The staff mostly does not speak English, but the service was good and fast, the food fresh and very tasty. If you are in Miami and want a taste of Cuban cuisine, this place is absolutely worth a trip to Little Havana.

Date of visit: December 2014
1  Thank msav2000
Reviewed February 6, 2015

This place is like a diner inside a Latin supermarket: a bar with high stools facing the cooking area and a few small tables where you can sit and eat, served by very friendly staff (most don't speak English but they make an effort to communicate and they find the way to do it). Good food, made almost in front of you and the price is almost unbeatable (most expensive meal is about $10 for a very, very generous serving). I had the fried yellow tail (a snapper fish family), served with white rice, yuca covered with a garlic sauce (a root similar to potatoes but very fibrous and tasty) and black bean soup. The price was $9.
To top it off, they have an Argentinian bakery in the back (you will discover the bakery because of the aroma of freshly baked cake) where you can get delicious pastry and their specialty, called chaha (not sure of the spelling), which is a cake with fresh fruit and a very rich milk custard, covered with whipped cream.
They open for breakfast and lunch (served until 3 PM), dinner is not available

Date of visit: January 2015

Been to El Nuevo Siglo Supermarket? Share your experiences!