“Side Order Beware”

Cuisines: Latin
Description: HoursMon-Sun 7 am - 7 pmOpen Now
Description: HoursMon-Sun 7 am - 7 pmOpen Now
Reviewed March 4, 2015

I was disappointed because the poor service the waitres gave me. I asked if the tostones were an option for a side order and was told ok and later to find out that I was charged an additional $3.50.

Date of visit: March 2015
2  Thank Javier O
Write a reviewReviews (46)

Reviewed February 22, 2015

Four of us enjoyed a meal there. This is not even a restaurant, rather a few tables and a cafeteria in a supermarket. The atmosphear is exactly the way I like it - simple, no pretence place where locals come to eat.

We had Cuban sandwiches, pulled beef, grilled chicken breast, rice and beans, plantains, non-alcoholic beverages, a couple of desserts. All together, with taxes and tip it cost us around $45, which, considering the quality of food, the size of the portions and a couple of doggy bags to go, was well worth it.

The staff mostly does not speak English, but the service was good and fast, the food fresh and very tasty. If you are in Miami and want a taste of Cuban cuisine, this place is absolutely worth a trip to Little Havana.

Date of visit: December 2014
1  Thank msav2000
Reviewed February 6, 2015

This place is like a diner inside a Latin supermarket: a bar with high stools facing the cooking area and a few small tables where you can sit and eat, served by very friendly staff (most don't speak English but they make an effort to communicate and they find the way to do it). Good food, made almost in front of you and the price is almost unbeatable (most expensive meal is about $10 for a very, very generous serving). I had the fried yellow tail (a snapper fish family), served with white rice, yuca covered with a garlic sauce (a root similar to potatoes but very fibrous and tasty) and black bean soup. The price was $9.
To top it off, they have an Argentinian bakery in the back (you will discover the bakery because of the aroma of freshly baked cake) where you can get delicious pastry and their specialty, called chaha (not sure of the spelling), which is a cake with fresh fruit and a very rich milk custard, covered with whipped cream.
They open for breakfast and lunch (served until 3 PM), dinner is not available

Date of visit: January 2015
Reviewed January 7, 2014

If you don't mind eating in a grocery store, don't miss the "tasajo con boniato" on Saturdays.cuban home cooking, everything made there even dessert!

Date of visit: December 2013
2  Thank Pisarola
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Yes it's a grocery store but if you enter and go to the right there is a counter and some tables where they serve food. We went for lunch and the place was full of locals. Our waitress only spoke Spanish but she was very pleasant and they have menus in English. While I speak a bit of Spanish, I'm not really familiar with Cuban food but another waitress was kind enough to explain the different items on the menu. I eneded up ordering beef and it was very tender and tasty. It came with rice, black beans and cooked yucca (you can choose plantains instead if you wish) The staff was friendly, the food was tasty and the portions were generous for a very reasonable price. We also enjoyed a cafe con leche after our meal. Before leaving, we had a look around the grocery store and I purchased a couple of bags of Cuban cofee (basically like espresso) to take home with me for $2.50 per bag which I thought was a great price. If you find yourself visiting Little Havana in Miami, drop in for some tasty food before the secret is out and all the tourists start flocking there!

Date of visit: October 2013
1  Thank Calgtraveller

Been to El Nuevo Siglo Supermarket? Share your experiences!