“Decent Price but nothing special.”

Hotel Roma Golden Glades Resort
Ranked #108 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Booked on Priceline for around 60$ a night. The place has a very Italian exterior with many Greek type statues and fountains. Unfortunately it's a little too authentic as it appears to be crumbling from the outside just like Roman ruins. Old school big screen TV in the lobby was my second clue this place needs help. Check in was pleasant and a breeze. My first floor room was huge and obviously the original floor plan called for more than what they put in the room. Again, old school TV and not a flat panel. My biggest complaint about this place is the cleaning staff and the tiled flooring in the hallway. Every morning the staff makes no qualms about doing their business LOUDLY. You will not sleep in. Also the tiled floors cause everything that rolls to make a lot of racket.. Suitcases, mop buckets, wheel chairs, unicycles.. All of it will create room intruding noise. This place needs ownership that cares enough to fix the no brainer details and update the necessities. For the price I'd rather sleep in one of the large budget chains.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Roma Golden Glades Resort

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hotel Roma is relative close to Miami downtown (like 15min), comfortable room, nice parking area and nice people in service. They can improve the breakfast because is kind of poor quality food, and poor variety. Room service also can be improve especially when maid do your room and do not leave additional toilet paper… but I guess is fair for what you spend there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Unsafe, stay away! During check-in a guy borrowed a bottle opener and opened cheap liquor at the reception. Lot of staring faces around. At checkin the receptionist took my Credit Card and Drivers License and made copies of it without even asking me. When I asked him, he said, dont worry the info is safe!!! I could only see 15 cars in the so called resort on a busy Saturday night in Miami! The back parking lot was completely empty. The bed was uncomfortable, the AC did not work. I got a wake-up call I did not ask for. We skipped the breakfast coz it was stale and there was hardly anyone in the dining area. I couldn't wait for the morning to get out of this place.

Looks like this hotel is on life support and it would be a favor to travelers if it is shut down. I would not give this hotel even 1 star.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravellingSanta
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We decided to stay just one more night in the Miami area and found Hotel Roma online. The reviews weren't all that great, but we decided to give it a shot. The hotel could use a little repair and cleaning, but if you don't mind a creaky mattress, a few dust bunnies (not bugs) and limited soundproofing, this is the best place in a not scary area, near the interstate, in Miami for under $100. We had a king size room for $83, including taxes and a continental breakfast. We skipped the breakfast since it was just pastries and hit up Denny's instead. There were almost no channels on our old TV in the room, but we were there just to crash out anyway. We liked this hotel from the moment we entered the driveway, which is decorated with shrubs, Greek statues and lighting. The courtyard out back is similar, including patio tables and a birdcage seating area and pool. It was cute, like a little Greek oasis near the interstate and not something you'd expect to find there.

Room Tip: They advertise a Manager's Special, but I wouldn't risk it. We didn't.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Vivian W
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a few days and really enjoyed it! It is located right off 826 Highway, right off the exit ramp 12 ave. This place has a nice pool . We were on the first floor facing Poolside with a nice private balconie. The room was ok BUT cannot complain for the price. I really, really liked the staff here, VERY FRIENDLY AND PROFESSIONAL Marla & Eurika you guys are the "BOMB" keep the great JOB. Any question, any points, any hints, any advice, ask them- very professional. In the end, we were very, very happy with this place. Would recommend it to everybody -ample parking Walmart close by and a few miles to the beach ............ Stay here, if you are in the area!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank eddieyan
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Beds are horrible, pillows are flat, room smells, bathroom was dirty. Front desk seems not to care at all, no smile, no greeting. Don't stay there, looks like a rundown place. It dont look what you see in the picture, fake, fake fake.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank familyguy95020
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Hotel Roma was not bad, my room was clean, the phone in the room didn't work that was bad, there is only wifi in the lobby.There is always room for improvement! I have stayed in hotel far more expendsive and had problems, my stay here was comfortable. It's not a five star but I didn't pay for a five star. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: My room was on the 4th floor, the poor side, I can see and hear the Freeway my room , but that did n...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MicheleB2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Courtyard Miami Lakes
#2 of 4 in Miami Lakes
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar

Been to Hotel Roma Golden Glades Resort? Share your experiences!