“Good value for your money!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Roma Golden Glades Resort

Hotel Roma Golden Glades Resort
Ranked #106 of 119 Hotels in Miami
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Good value for your money!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hotel Roma is relative close to Miami downtown (like 15min), comfortable room, nice parking area and nice people in service. They can improve the breakfast because is kind of poor quality food, and poor variety. Room service also can be improve especially when maid do your room and do not leave additional toilet paper… but I guess is fair for what you spend there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Unsafe, stay away! During check-in a guy borrowed a bottle opener and opened cheap liquor at the reception. Lot of staring faces around. At checkin the receptionist took my Credit Card and Drivers License and made copies of it without even asking me. When I asked him, he said, dont worry the info is safe!!! I could only see 15 cars in the so called resort on a busy Saturday night in Miami! The back parking lot was completely empty. The bed was uncomfortable, the AC did not work. I got a wake-up call I did not ask for. We skipped the breakfast coz it was stale and there was hardly anyone in the dining area. I couldn't wait for the morning to get out of this place.

Looks like this hotel is on life support and it would be a favor to travelers if it is shut down. I would not give this hotel even 1 star.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravellingSanta

Travelers are raving about these Miami hotels

Englewood, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We decided to stay just one more night in the Miami area and found Hotel Roma online. The reviews weren't all that great, but we decided to give it a shot. The hotel could use a little repair and cleaning, but if you don't mind a creaky mattress, a few dust bunnies (not bugs) and limited soundproofing, this is the best place in a not scary area, near the interstate, in Miami for under $100. We had a king size room for $83, including taxes and a continental breakfast. We skipped the breakfast since it was just pastries and hit up Denny's instead. There were almost no channels on our old TV in the room, but we were there just to crash out anyway. We liked this hotel from the moment we entered the driveway, which is decorated with shrubs, Greek statues and lighting. The courtyard out back is similar, including patio tables and a birdcage seating area and pool. It was cute, like a little Greek oasis near the interstate and not something you'd expect to find there.

Room Tip: They advertise a Manager's Special, but I wouldn't risk it. We didn't.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Vivian W
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a few days and really enjoyed it! It is located right off 826 Highway, right off the exit ramp 12 ave. This place has a nice pool . We were on the first floor facing Poolside with a nice private balconie. The room was ok BUT cannot complain for the price. I really, really liked the staff here, VERY FRIENDLY AND PROFESSIONAL Marla & Eurika you guys are the "BOMB" keep the great JOB. Any question, any points, any hints, any advice, ask them- very professional. In the end, we were very, very happy with this place. Would recommend it to everybody -ample parking Walmart close by and a few miles to the beach ............ Stay here, if you are in the area!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank eddieyan
Gilroy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Beds are horrible, pillows are flat, room smells, bathroom was dirty. Front desk seems not to care at all, no smile, no greeting. Don't stay there, looks like a rundown place. It dont look what you see in the picture, fake, fake fake.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank familyguy95020
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Hotel Roma was not bad, my room was clean, the phone in the room didn't work that was bad, there is only wifi in the lobby.There is always room for improvement! I have stayed in hotel far more expendsive and had problems, my stay here was comfortable. It's not a five star but I didn't pay for a five star. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: My room was on the 4th floor, the poor side, I can see and hear the Freeway my room , but that did n...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MicheleB2013
Lafayette, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hotel should not be in business. From the minute we walked in to the minute we walked out it was scary. We stayed here to go to Sun Life Stadium. The only pro is it's close to the stadium. The lamp shades were broken, the bedding was dirty, the t.v. got 5 fuzzy stations, the remote control didn't work (had to get new remote and have it programmed), the hallways smelled like mold, none of the ice machines worked, there were only drapes that were dusty, the bathroom lights kept flickering, and the bathroom vent didn't work but hissed really loud. In addition to that, there's nothing within walking distance except a car dealership. Even if there was, I'm not sure I would walk any farther than my car in that area. I usually only think of a hotel room as a bed and shower and don't care where I stay, but I will never even consider this place again. It's the scariest place I've ever stayed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mindi M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel
Motel Bianco
Motel Bianco
#98 of 119 in Miami
3.0 of 5 stars 445 reviews

Been to Hotel Roma Golden Glades Resort? Share your experiences!