“Beautiful and free......and somewhat creepy.” 5 of 5 stars

Bayfront Park
Book In Advance
$3,750.00*
and up
4 Hour Private Charter On A 68' Azimut Fly Bridge Luxury Yacht With Free Jet Ski
Ranked #14 of 318 things to do in Miami
Newborn, Georgia
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Beautiful and free......and somewhat creepy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My wife and I stumbled upon this park after stepping out of our hotel. We wanted to walk just outside our hotel to see what was around us, and we "happened" upon this beautiful space carved out of the city.
The view of the harbor/river/inlet is stunning. The people that were hanging out in the park were just as stunning...........talk about a cross section of society!!! There were business people; families; homeless people, and schizophrenic homeless people.
As a matter of fact I told my wife that if I was homeless I would pick Miami over Detroit in a heartbeat (and I grew up outside Detroit.....love the city).
Anyway............I'm attaching some pictures that I hope will do this long sprawling oasis some justice.
Please stop by the park if you are in the area. Neat. Pretty. Unexpected.

Visited November 2013

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Beautiful Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is a very beautiful park. Even though there are homeless people there, it was still quite safe (and patrolled) to walk through. Like any where else in the world, you need to always be aware of your surroundings. During the day I was 100% comfortable walking through the park, and would have done so alone (I am a small female). I wouldn't have necessarily wanted to do that at night but felt very comfortable with my husband by my side in the dark :) Great option to walk on the waterfront to Bayside Marketplace for sure!

Visited September 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Pictures are misleading”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

This is not a beach hangout. Went here with my fiancé after our cruise while we were waiting for our flight back home. It's a extremely nice boardwalk with nice name brand stores and many tourist souvenir shops. I was sadly disappointed when I realized the pictures showing beaches and folks relaxing were not of Bayfront Park at all. Really could have used some R&R after all that walking around.

4 Thank maggiem00k
Long Beach, California
“real miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

scene by the water is great, made me really get that miami feel i came looking for. the mall had a nice open feel, and loved sitting by the water watching the boats.

Visited October 2013
Miami Beach Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Boring”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Not much to do there unless you want a bunch of nik naks and to shop in some chain stores. I dont think I would go back unless I wanted to specifically eat at one of the restaurants there

Visited July 2013