“Brand new beautiful Baseball Stadium” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 320 things to do in Miami
Miami, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brand new beautiful Baseball Stadium”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Beautiful inside and outside. Air-Conditioned for the hot Florida summer and rain. Highly recomemded for Baseball fans.

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Naples, Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great Stadium, Bad Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

I finally got to go to Marlins Park when the Detroit Tigers came to town as a birthday present from my girlfriend. The park itself is great. The staff is very friendly, it is very clean, the parking garages are conveniently located and food is really good. My only gripe is that the location outside is so sketchy. You really are "in the hood" here. Anyway, the side of the stadium with the huge retractable windows was wide open up until the game started and it was really cool to be able to stand over there have a beer and just relax. Of course, I would have preferred that the Tigers won, but the stadium is very nicely done, just sucks that it had to be in place of the old Orange Bowl.

Visited September 2013
Hollywood, Florida
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Nobody's there but it's very comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Since no one goes to the games you can change your seat pretty easily and get very close. The temperature is a welcome difference from the old stadium. You don't leave with heat stroke and all in all it's airy and pleasing on the eyes

Visited July 2013
Miami Beach, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“amazing stadium”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

i took my step son to the marlins games it was the first time we go to this stadium. the place is amazing and every single employee was nice.

Visited April 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Incredible stadium, not the best amenities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

My first sight of the stadium was with the roof closed. I wondered what the big legs were on the outside of the stadium. I thought maybe it was just aesthetics. Later, when I saw the roof pulled back on those legs I was truly awed. I've never seen that.

Some stadiums have special seating that comes with a table and server. I didn't see the option here. Maybe it's only for season ticket holders. The seats I got were very good. Great view of the game and I even had a chance at a foul ball (but I blew it).

When I first entered the park I got a view out the huge window of the Miami skyline. What a great view that is. The roof was already closed and the air conditioning was on and it was perfect. Then it began to rain and I watched as the windows slowly closed. You could still see the skyline, but now it was through the window. Excellent!

I wandered through the team shop with all the expected team merchandise at exorbitant prices. I was amazed to find a few items from the visiting team for sale. I was even more amazed to see some people buying them. Another first for me.

There were a number of stands to get food, but most of them were just the park's own food service. A lot of different options were available, but nothing from local establishments, which seems to be a big trend in other stadiums I've visited (Oakland, Detroit). The prices? Way more expensive than I've seen at other parks. A bottle of beer was $8.50. I thought $6 in the Bronx was bad. And everything else was similarly overpriced.

Most stadiums I've visited have a number of establishments right outside the stadium that cater to the crowds and support the teams. I only saw one place like this at this stadium. Maybe it's still too early.

It's an amazing stadium for architecture and aesthetics and comfort. But I would have preferred more local food options and a better sound system. And I think they should lower the prices of the food and beer. With all that being said, I'd go back without even a second thought.

Visited September 2013