“Great place to take friends”
Review of Marlins Park

and up
Little Havana Adventure with Cuban Cigar Rolling
Ranked #10 of 354 things to do in Miami
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I love taking visitors to this stadium... too bad they are so bad. Good junk food, good ambiance, good parking now. I love the Marlins.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

A great place to see the Marlins in their new, colorful, clean home. Not a bad seat in the house. The centerfield animated home run sculpture was fun to watch, especially when the Marlins hit a home run! Parking garages surround the stadium. There was a large police presence on duty in the streets directing traffic before and after the game. No time was wasted sitting in traffic jams. The food and drinks are very pricey. The crowd was very well behaved and enjoying the game. The retractable roof was closed for a sudden rain shower. At that point, we enjoyed the game in air conditioned comfort.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I took the good with the bad at Marlins Park. We attended the Sept. 28 game. Spanish was the dominant language spoken by employees and I found that a wee bit challenging. The food was varied and included delicious Spanish specialties and I found that delightful. The centerfield animated home run sculpture was in my wife’s words, H-I-D-E-O-U-S. The park was colorful, festive, roomy yet intimate. There is a great historical tribute to the Orange Bowl, which hosted 5 Super Bowls among many other iconic events. (The Orange Bowl stood exactly where Marlins Park now stands.) Marlins Park is in a very bad neighborhood but not to worry, there were secure parking garages ringing the stadium and the largest police force I have seen deployed since Barack O’Bama made an appearance at a convention I attended earlier this year. Do not be discouraged from attending but do be prepared to see numerous street characters for 3 to 4 blocks leading up to the park. Get there early and you may be treated to a funky rock band playing on the outdoor main concourse. A small but happy crowd was kicking it to Michael Jackson’s Rock With You and the band was very, very tight. An A+. The Marlins staff was courteous and helpful too. Kudo’s to Mardi Dilger and her team in Tickets. Mardi provided my wife and I with free replacement tickets after my mother-in-law’s illness caused us to miss the April game for which we had purchased tickets. Not only did Mardi provide no charge replacements, she improved the seats, too. Who says MLB teams have no heart ? It’s not so. I wish the Marlins and their fans a better 2013. They built a shining new ballpark, spent heavily on players, hired a talented manager, and lost an awful lot of games. They deserve better. Happy Traveling !

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Easy to get to by bus (#7). Colorful park with music, food and bars all around. Food inside was average (burgers & dogs).

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Miami was in need of a great baseball park and this really takes it. Food a great but a bit pricey (just like every ballpark) and the atmosphere is outstanding! Took my mom on Mother's day and it definitely was electrifying after the walk off homerun! I've been in various park and even though it is not one of my favorite (Petco Park in San Diego is gorgeous), it definitely is an attraction that all Miamians must see!!! Let's go FIsh!

Been to Marlins Park? Share your experiences!