“We got to se a WWII bomber flying” 4 of 5 stars

$105*
and up
Ranked #89 of 315 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: Wings Over Miami Air Museum serves as a tribute to those veterans and aviators who pioneered civilian and military aviation. With this goal in mind, the museum both displays and flies military and classic aircraft to share the rich history of flight. It provides an operating legacy of aircraft with an insight to the legends of the pilots who flew them.This is a charming little museum that provides an opportunity for a close-up look at classic and war bird aircraft. They have many enclosed cases filled with models and other memorabilia. Often a visitor will see plane restoration in process and on weekends, people may chat with the pilots of the planes if they are in the hangar.While visitors can't climb on the planes, cameras are welcomed and the staff is very friendly.
Lima, Peru
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“We got to se a WWII bomber flying”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We were lucky to go on a a weekend when three WWII bombers arrived and got to see one of them take off and return. We also went inside one of them and pretended we were firing the machine guns. Amazing!!!
it is a small museum that has very nice planes and the staff is willing to help and answer questions. My son bought an empty 50 caliber bullet as a souvenir and was the happiest kid in the block.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank mprp3k

• Korean first
Southern Maryland
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Off the beaten path”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Although still rebuilding after hurricaine Andrew there are nifty little planes to see. Just having the sea plane on display was reason enough for us to go.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank rethlaw
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very little to see”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I am a lifelong pilot and love all things aviation but this 'museum' was pitiful at best. The staff was fantastic and very helpful but the displays are just pathetic. They have a handful of general aviation relics, a pair of WWII trainers a weather beaten PBY and an F-14.

The only thing I really enjoyed was the cutaway of a giant piston engine that you can crank at the press of a button. If Tamiami was a busy airport one could enjoy walking on the ramp and watching the general aviation but KTMB just isn't that busy.

The gift shop is in serious need of a renovation and their souvenirs are uninspiring. You can see the entire museum in 20 minutes and you will leave feeling uninspired.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Robert M
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“great location and experience....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

great place to introduce flight history to children, I take my son every weekend to tour the hangar. great collection of scale models and very helpful staff.

5 Thank demoore17
richmond, bc
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“not much worth seeing for $10 admission”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I had high hopes for this museum since it was rated at 4??!! But I was quite disappointed...
For $10 you get to see this small hangar with 10 planes. The highlight was the F14... But then everything is roped off, you can't even get close enough to touch the planes and definitely not to get inside. Nothing interactive...
I really don't understand how anyone can give a good rating for this place. IMO, $10 is a bit much.
We are from the west coast and I can definitely brag that we have been to almost every air musuem around in the northwest -- Vancouver/Langley, Seattle, Oregon, etc. but everyone had more to offer and some were even free!
The other thing which annoyed me was the older gentleman at the desk was quite rude and asked for our money for entrance right away... He didn't really care to show us anything, he seemed like he only wanted our money... The younger guy later was much more accomodating and more friendly.
Nonetheless, I wouldn't recommend this "attraction" for $10. My kids were 14 and 12 so they were all charged adult rate... $40 for 20 min of walk around??!! Come on...

Visited August 2012