“Good authentic French food ”
Review of Miami Art Cafe - CLOSED

Miami Art Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch at this place. The decor is a little drab, but the ambience was okay overall. The service was good and the food was authentic French cuisine. We had a goat cheese salad and the day's specials- Tilapia with Hollandaise sauce and Fajita beef. The salad was average, but the day's specials were pretty good. The food is a little expensive, but nothing outrageous.15% tips are added to the bill as standard and one is invited to raise this further. I would have preferred adding in the tip myself, but that is a minor thing. We were served by a nice Frenchman and the waitress mentioned in the other reviews was nowhere to be seen.
All in all, a decent place offering good French food.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I believe the proprietor to be French-that said the food is marvelous. Sadly, I have eaten at the Miami Art Cafe only once. Here's why. This establishment is one half block away from where I live-In fact I pass by it nearly every day. Each time I consider eating lunch I need only look into the restaurant front door to see the slovenly dressed server-butt crack hanging out of her poorly fit jeans, nearly every table in need of bussing-equating to no tables being available. Compound this with one or two staff members standing in front of the restaurant doors-smoking. I spoke with the proprietor once and voiced some concerns with him and he seemed open to my opinions. Yet nothing seems to have changed. I will say that there is no shortage of places to eat breakfast and lunch in downtown Miami and restaurant proprietors should really take note of how potential customers perceive the quality of his or her establishment. Perhaps one day soon the Miami Art Café will get their act together. I hope so because as I said earlier their food is marvelous. But marvelous food doesn't go well with butt crack.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I loved that 1. it was very close to the Intercontinental Hotel (<5 minute walk), 2. how authentic it was (owners & workers from France), and 3. the amazing breakfast sandwich - the bread was so good. We loved it so much we visited it both mornings on our stay.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This small café in downtown Miami is perfect for a quick lunch. I have been there a couple of times and it is always good. The last time I was there I had the chicken avocado wrap. My friend K had the combo of soup and quiche; according to her both really good. Service is fast, waitresses are nice… good food for the price.

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We struggled to find a legitimate breakfast place within walking distance of the downtown hotels. Miami Art Cafe is indeed a legitimate breakfast restaurant and is pretty cheap. However, the food was subpar and the service was indifferent. Menu for breakfast was pretty limited. Overall, not that great, but nothing so awful that would cause me to advise people to avoid at all costs.

2  Thank Doug s