“Beautiful place”

Miami City Tour and Jungle Island Admission Combo
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are closed recovering from Hurricane Irma and will be back in early 2018! Jungle Island is located between downtown Miami and South Beach. The park offers amazing animal exhibits, unique shows and up-close animal interactions unlike anywhere else.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely loved Jungle Island as soon as we walked in we had photos with Macaws , they were gorgeous.there was lots of different animals to look at , we spent hours walking around. I'm not a lizard fan They wandered around everywhere. It was nice to see some Australian birds . We booked time with a Lemmar to play and jump all over us ... we had a fantastic time with 4 of them ,so cute . I would recommend Jungle Island for kids and adults

Write a ReviewReviews (1,763)
All reviews
in 319 reviews
"condor"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed September 4, 2017

It's not the biggest zoo in the area but it has a nice feel. Staff are friendly and animals appear well cared for.
Some of our party did the Sloth experience - a little expensive for what it actually is.

1  Thank TripMember09052017
Reviewed September 2, 2017

Had booked on to the sloth experience which was enjoyed by those taking part. The park was a surprise as I didn't think it would be a big as it was. Lots of animals to see and there is a farm petting part.

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Having gone to the original parrot just jungle, years ago as a child, I was excited to introduce my family to the newer version of it, jungle island.

However, the admission price is quite steep, although I would have said justified if we actually could have enjoyed the park. Sadly, the rain was extremely unpredictable and we spent a miserably wet day at the site, without the worst wonderful memories for my children (other than the sixty dollar portrait, something which we paid much less for when I was a child).
I wish that they would provide some form of a rain check with perhaps a discount to be used in the future on a day with better weather.

The only thing which was quite memorable was the bird show in the Parrot bowl. (the feline show was disappointing) (they offered an opportunity to take a photo with a tiger cub for over fifty dollars)

Disappointing

See more reviews
Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

I visited Jungle Island with my wife and three year old son for his birthday. I wouldn't say this place is amazing – but it's not terrible either. For the steep price of $40 per person, I had high expectations. But it's just okay.

First, the staff is very friendly and courteous. As soon as you enter the park, you're greeted by staff and a photographer to take a picture with parrots. I think my son enjoyed this the most because he got to hold a bird. The sad part is that it costed us $40 for two pictures (without frames).

Walking through the park definitely looks and feels like a jungle. It's hot and humid, which is expected for Miami; however, it's so dense that you don't even get as much as a small breeze, making it somewhat uncomfortable. And it doesn't help that there's no logic to the way it's laid out. It's just a bunch of random paths going in all different directions.

There's a decent variety of animals – a lot of different birds, primates, and other interesting animals from all over the world, some of which we've never even heard of before.

We saw an abundance of white ibis birds throughout the park – assuming they're wild because they're very common in Florida, and they seemed to outnumber the animals you pay to see. Unfortunately, you constantly need to watch where you walk or you'll end up stepping in droppings.

Due to rain earlier in the day, we weren't able to hold an alligator. Found that interesting considering they're native to Florida (where it rains quite often).

We were also quite surprised to see how small the habitats were. Some enclosures were so small that birds could barely open their wings all the way. A massive lion was locked up with two other huge cats (can't remember what they were) in a space probably the size of my living room. The orangutan definitely needs a much larger space – the poor thing just stares at you helplessly. And the alligators are living in a cesspool of murky green water.

The kangaroo exhibit and the petting farm were a decent size, and being able to experience and interact with these animals is nice. The giant sea turtle is cool too!

Overall, visiting Jungle Island is not an all day activity, as it's not a big park. We saw everything in just about two hours. Although a lot of the animals are interesting, admission and everything in the park is awfully overpriced. I'd say $20-$30 per person would be more appropriate.

4  Thank George Z