“A pleasant surprise”

Jungle Island Park Admission
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jungle Island is located between downtown Miami and South Beach. . We are home to animal wonders including lovable lemurs from Madagascar, the only tame cassowary on the planet, parrots, twin orangutans - Peanut & Pumpkin - and much more. Enjoy access to its spectacular shows, unique animal exhibits and fun children's play area, animal encounters. Challenge your friends at Battle Grounds, enjoy a unique thrilling outdoor skydiving experience with SuperFlight or take a mental journey through riddles and challenges in our Escape Rooms and relax in our Private Beach; all set among a lush, tropical environment in Jungle Island, Adventure is coming.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed September 2, 2017

Had booked on to the sloth experience which was enjoyed by those taking part. The park was a surprise as I didn't think it would be a big as it was. Lots of animals to see and there is a farm petting part.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,771)
All reviews
in 320 reviews
"condor"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Having gone to the original parrot just jungle, years ago as a child, I was excited to introduce my family to the newer version of it, jungle island.

However, the admission price is quite steep, although I would have said justified if we actually could have enjoyed the park. Sadly, the rain was extremely unpredictable and we spent a miserably wet day at the site, without the worst wonderful memories for my children (other than the sixty dollar portrait, something which we paid much less for when I was a child).
I wish that they would provide some form of a rain check with perhaps a discount to be used in the future on a day with better weather.

The only thing which was quite memorable was the bird show in the Parrot bowl. (the feline show was disappointing) (they offered an opportunity to take a photo with a tiger cub for over fifty dollars)

Disappointing

Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

I visited Jungle Island with my wife and three year old son for his birthday. I wouldn't say this place is amazing – but it's not terrible either. For the steep price of $40 per person, I had high expectations. But it's just okay.

First, the staff is very friendly and courteous. As soon as you enter the park, you're greeted by staff and a photographer to take a picture with parrots. I think my son enjoyed this the most because he got to hold a bird. The sad part is that it costed us $40 for two pictures (without frames).

Walking through the park definitely looks and feels like a jungle. It's hot and humid, which is expected for Miami; however, it's so dense that you don't even get as much as a small breeze, making it somewhat uncomfortable. And it doesn't help that there's no logic to the way it's laid out. It's just a bunch of random paths going in all different directions.

There's a decent variety of animals – a lot of different birds, primates, and other interesting animals from all over the world, some of which we've never even heard of before.

We saw an abundance of white ibis birds throughout the park – assuming they're wild because they're very common in Florida, and they seemed to outnumber the animals you pay to see. Unfortunately, you constantly need to watch where you walk or you'll end up stepping in droppings.

Due to rain earlier in the day, we weren't able to hold an alligator. Found that interesting considering they're native to Florida (where it rains quite often).

We were also quite surprised to see how small the habitats were. Some enclosures were so small that birds could barely open their wings all the way. A massive lion was locked up with two other huge cats (can't remember what they were) in a space probably the size of my living room. The orangutan definitely needs a much larger space – the poor thing just stares at you helplessly. And the alligators are living in a cesspool of murky green water.

The kangaroo exhibit and the petting farm were a decent size, and being able to experience and interact with these animals is nice. The giant sea turtle is cool too!

Overall, visiting Jungle Island is not an all day activity, as it's not a big park. We saw everything in just about two hours. Although a lot of the animals are interesting, admission and everything in the park is awfully overpriced. I'd say $20-$30 per person would be more appropriate.

4  Thank George Z
Reviewed August 21, 2017

We went on a Thursday morning. At first we thought admission was a little steep for a zoo, but after spending a few hours there we realized this was no ordinary zoo. The animals there are no ordinary animals, many of them are extremely rare and/or different animals than you usually see. After our few hours there we understood why it cost that much, and you really get your money's worth here. They let you get up close and personal to many animals, like the parrots and the kangaroos. Being able to pet Kangaroos was a real highlight of our trip to Miami. And they seemed to be enjoying their time living in the zoo. I've seen Kangaroos at the state fair look miserable, but here they were very friendly and happy, The bird show was just jaw dropping. I loved all the tricks from the parrots, and the condor flying over us was a sight to be seen. The best part was seeing the rare Cassowary, he was so cool! Almost like a live dinosaur. After that we walked the rest of the zoo, and it's nice how most of it looks like a "jungle" so you're in the shade and not dying of that Miami sun. The look of the zoo was really cool, better than normal zoos. I liked the theme. We saw the tiger/wild cat show in the afternoon and it was just OK. We liked the liger (lion and tiger mixed) they had outside the show though, I've never seen one before. He even scared me. The only complaint is that I bought a coke there, and it cost 4 dollars. That's extreme. Don't buy their drinks, way to expensive.

1  Thank Michael V
JungleIslandMiami, Managing Director at Jungle Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2017

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your very kind review. We are so happy to hear that you had a pleasant time and were able to experience the variety of encounters included with your admission. I hope that these are memories that you will cherish forever.

Please come back to visit us soon!

Christopher Gould,
Managing Director

See more reviews
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

We went to Jungle Island expecting to see lots of wild monkeys that you could interact with but sadly they were all in enclosures. We still had a fantastic time feeding the birds, particularly the parrots. We also watched a great show that included a variety of animals, such as lemur, crocodile and ferret looking animal (it wasn't a ferret but I can't remember the name, it was compared to a busy baby)!
It's worth a visit and an excellent place to take children. It's just a shame how small the enclosures are that house the monkeys.

Dear Franki,

Thank you for visiting Jungle Island and taking the time to review your experience at the park. We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant time with your loved ones. I do hope that the next time you come back, you are able to do our Lemur interaction. In this tour, you will be surrounded by our cuddly and playful Lemurs in a safe environment with one of our experienced tour guides. I get the feeling that you would love this encounter!

Again, thank you for your review, and we hope to have you here again soon!

Christopher Gould