“Not worth it”

Ranked #24 of 349 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jungle Island is located between downtown Miami and South Beach. The park offers amazing animal exhibits, unique shows and up-close animal interactions unlike anywhere else.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Buenos Aires, Argentina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Not worth it”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I hardly ever take the time to write a review, but ever since I went to Jungle Island last Sunday, I felt the urge to write about it. I took my daughter and my boyfriend's daughter, spent (wasted) $103 bucks + the parking (which to my surprise was not included in the outrageous price), and felt that I had been robbed. Luckily there was Doctor Wasabi's show and 2 other guys showing birds do silly tricks, but even their good will was not worth the 100 dollars. The animals (lions, tiger, panther (or whatever it was), warthog, orangutans, etc) were all laying down, sleeping (I guess). Judging for their tight and disgusting space, it was the only thing they could possibly do. No space for walking, forget about running. The three of us walked along the park feeling we had to call an Animal Protection Agency to come rescue these poor things. So first, I really think Jungle Island ought to invest in a descent place for its animals, and secondly, until they do that they should reduce the ticket price in half, and even that would be not worth the money.

5 Thank felicitassg

• Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lemur Experience!!”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I visited Jungle island in January and cannot say enough great things about the Lemur experience! The lemur trainer was very friendly and informative. Since there was no appointment after us, she extended our time with the lemurs to almost an hour! It was worth every dollar! You are able to get the lemur package w.o buying a zoo package. I advise you do so.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Autumn P
washington dc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“birds great, price no”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

loved the birds, but the pricing is high $35 per person + tax and parking and they push you to buy the photos which can be another $20 plus per crack. From talking with some of the staff there, most of the shows are for young children, there was only 1 show they felt worked for adults. For a young family they will enjoy it, but you have to spend for pictures.

Plantation, Florida
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Lots of fun and educational too!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We took two of our grandchildren, ages 4 and 6, to Jungle Island for the VIP tour. We had a wonderful day. Our guide, Shanika was exceptional. But everyone we encountered at Jungle Island was helpful and friendly. We had up close encounters with tortoises, a rock iguana, a kinkajou, kangaroos and a capuchin monkey. In addition we got VIP treatment at the bird show and got to participate in the show. After the show, we had a private encounter with a condor. After a leisurely lunch (which was included in the VIP tour) we went to a training demonstration at the Orangutan exhibit and again Shanika was there to facilitate our interaction with the very knowledgable keeper, as they were working with the orangutans. Note that Jungle Island had kindly donated the VIP tour to a charity and we purchased it a charity event. We will definitely recommend visiting Jungle Island to our friends and family and will be going back again soon.

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“An unbelievable Lemur experience”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Brought my family over for the lemur encounter for
My daughters birthday. It was more than we could have hoped for. What an experience. I cannot say enough about our new lemur friends and the great staff throughout the park.