“My First Liger!”

Ranked #23 of 351 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jungle Island is located between downtown Miami and South Beach. The park offers amazing animal exhibits, unique shows and up-close animal interactions unlike anywhere else.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed January 30, 2013

While one staff member needed an attitude adjustment we found the whole park a worthy place of our time (roughly 3/4 hours). It was well laid out, clean and very shady for those warm Florida days. In comparison to a zoo you will not be finding every animal under the sun here, but it is a jungle and if you come with the expectation of visiting a jungle you will find it here. My kids loved the shows and the playground. i loved seeing a Liger for the first time. You can read more at our blog.

There are newer reviews for Jungle Island

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I attended a very large evening wedding here. The setting was excellent (getting a taxi at 11pm was a problem) with a beautiful sunset and great downtown views including the light show on the Intercontinental. During the reception, the staff brought around different animals and reptiles and I had a parrot sit on my shoulder.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Excellent park filled with learning exhibits and enjoyable shows. Delightful for all ages. Petting zoo a must.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have visited Jungle Island several times, and my kids enjoy the place. However I find a bit simple and not many things to do, so you end up visiting the place relatively quickly. It is expensive for the value you get, and the staff is not very friendly especially the photo people who have no patience with kids.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wonderful place to spend the day with kids, they loved the attractions, pedding zoo, beautiful weather during our visit.